Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

mondblut

Arcane
Early access is the exact opposite of pandering to players. You have some dreamlike vision of what early access is, when devs work side-by-side with gamers trying to provide the best possible game.

Well, that's apparently exactly what "muh early access" whiners expect, no?

It's just a fucking excuse to ship an unfinished game for some easy cash.

Fine by me, but no need for "early access" to accomplish that ;)

mondblut

Arcane
ASSERT FAILED! 'rpggamec.cpp' Line 661

upon showing the World Management Magazine (or wtv) to mr. Nebulon.

upd: both ad pages, too.

upd2: mr. Zyrinx, by contrast, reacts correctly to them. Now you know who is the legitimate contractor and who is an impostor! :)

Last edited:

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
ASSERT FAILED! 'rpggamec.cpp' Line 661

upon showing the World Management Magazine (or wtv) to mr. Nebulon.

upd: both ad pages, too.

upd2: mr. Zyrinx, by contrast, reacts correctly to them. Now you know who is the legitimate contractor and who is an impostor! :)
Cleve said he was looking into that on the Steam forum.

ukdouble1

Educated
Jesus, all these lame losers bitch moaning and complaining about muh manual... It's a manual not a brain transplant, it won't help you anyway...
It took me about an hour to figure out how to use my berserk skills. If you quickly guessed that this requires a weapons with "melee" attack mode, great respect. 600 such questions - and will be those same 600 hours.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
127.6 hours later he emerges from his mancave...

VICTORIOUS!!!

grimwah endink.png

Viata

Arcane
Well, if Cleve finishes the manual, it will be easier to know which attribute/skill is working and which is not. That way Cleve will have the exactly things to fix.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
cleve, which one is more important, playing it or not pirating it?

It's not actually "pirating" since at present it has no DRM. It's just sad pathetic little men frantically masturbating while demonstrating they don't even have $40 to spare. Pitiful individuals. The exact sort of people that earlier tribes put out on ice floes to die.
thats like saying its not theft cos the door was unlocked.. or it wasnt rape cos she was wet.
anyway i get your point. hoping you're gonna do a xmas sale even if just a small one and ill try to get it then when its hopefully in a better patched state.
xmas sounds good enough for balance passes and bug fixes right?

Lord Andre

Arcane
Jesus, all these lame losers bitch moaning and complaining about muh manual... It's a manual not a brain transplant, it won't help you anyway...
It took me about an hour to figure out how to use my berserk skills. If you quickly guessed that this requires a weapons with "melee" attack mode, great respect. 600 such questions - and will be those same 600 hours.

Having a manual is fine but when there isn't one we can figure shit on our own like you did. We're not 5, we can deduce the workings of a video game.

GandGolf

Augur
Next update will break all mods and editors currently being written by confirmed pirates. None of that stuff will work so might as well abandon that version. I have already done some work on this. If you want to build an editor, purchase the game through the Steam store. Maybe I will work with real owners. Pirates I will keep busting all your hacks shortly with a rotating encryption alg that will change every single version issued. I am sure most of these guys don't exactly have busy schedules this century so I am certain they will eventually crack each one ... right before I release the next one.
Zeppo Derp is not a pirate, as he got a legitimate Steam key as a gift. But he is an asshole, I totally agree with that.

Wait, does this mean Cleve can revoke Zep's key out of spite? That is totally bogus! Cleve must not be allowed to take away Zep's Grimoire! # We are all Zep Zeppo!

Lord Andre

Arcane
Next update will break all mods and editors currently being written by confirmed pirates. None of that stuff will work so might as well abandon that version. I have already done some work on this. If you want to build an editor, purchase the game through the Steam store. Maybe I will work with real owners. Pirates I will keep busting all your hacks shortly with a rotating encryption alg that will change every single version issued. I am sure most of these guys don't exactly have busy schedules this century so I am certain they will eventually crack each one ... right before I release the next one.
Zeppo Derp is not a pirate, as he got a legitimate Steam key as a gift. But he is an asshole, I totally agree with that.

Wait, does this mean Cleve can revoke Zep's key out of spite? That is totally bogus! Cleve must not be allowed to take away Zep's Grimoire! # We are all Zep Zeppo!

:nocountryforshitposters:

mwnn85

Savant
To revoke a key on STEAM you'd have to prove it's been stolen, defrauded with credit card chargebacks, etc or bought on some dodgy gray market site like G2A.

As was the case with some stolen Banner Saga keys which popped up recently - all banned now.

If the copy was legitimately paid for through STEAM or gifted then Cleve claim's are most likely complete bullshit.

He can censor and perma-ban as many people as he likes on the game's discussion boards - a bit like a communist regime. Commissar/Chairman Cleve.

As much as he might like to ban anyone with a sub 185 IQ from even playing Grimoire, reality doesn't work this way.

:shunthenonbeliever:

The scum that are purchasing the game - refunding and keeping the files are lower than whaleshit though.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
if he adds drm i guess decline editor is going bust.
i wonder if cleve gets off of the power he holds over anothers creation.

LootSeeker

Educated
Whenever I got a game back in the day I often was too excited to play the game to bother with reading the manual before playing. I'd jump right into the game. Even now I will only read a manual after starting a game or while on the toilet if I have a physical copy. It's definitely nice to have a manual to clear up unknown information, but a manual is by no means necessary to play a game, and I can't understand the people who are afraid to play the game without a manual, esp. since there is http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Main_Page and other guides on the Steam page. It's as though they are afraid Grimoire will physically kill them for not having a manual. It won't. It will just bitch slap you a little.

Tarrant

Educated
I hope he does break DECLINE. I'm tired of looking at it and his stupid broken game.

Zep--

And speaking of tired: I'm tired of zombified fanboys lashing out at anyone and everyone who asks when the manual will be finished, like it's some kind of crazy or stupid question. It's neither, yet the congregation of the church of Cleveland is on those comments like flies on shit, like they're fuckin telepathic.

Cleve has his hideously deformed, piebald goblin cock *lodged* in their throats, and still they manage to croak out absurd rationalizations for the equally absurd manual situation. "mmmmfff... hyuuuk..mmmm...hleeech... manul, no need.. don need damn manul.. ur bad player.... hyeeeech.. mmmff..."

I mean, can he literally do no wrong? It's like he's their messiah or something, like he's actually the christ of gaming.

Watch what happens on Friday when no manual is released again. Anybody who dares to ask for an update will be beaten half to death by links to the community "ehhh, sounds about right to me" wiki, as though it's mere existence washes Cleve of all his development sins.

jfunk

Augur
Resource files and all library assets will be encrypted and completely altered in structure. Legal owners will notice no changes at all.

Cleve, I think what he means is that you have many legitimate customers using the tools. If you break the tools, you'll negatively impact the experience of some of your paying customers. I haven't messed with Decline yet, but at some point after I've completed the game on my own I certainly will want to just to play around with different aspects while saving myself the hours of manually grinding the appropriate characters for them. Don't worry about the authors of the tools, worry about your customers that want to use those tools.

jfunk

Augur
Man, I've been crazy busy with projects at work for a couple weeks and check in to all this pepe drama. Who knew the codex was full of such sensitive types. It's perfectly clear that he wasn't banned for his review, but the little girl-fight with Cleve that ensued in the aftermath. Sure, it's a technicality that he "misquoted" Cleve by inserting a (deliberately inflammatory) word into his sorta-quote, but he didn't have to go full tantrum once called out on said misquote. He could have let the rest of his post stand on its own while acknowledging the deliberate hyperbole in his choice of words.

At the end of the day, nobody should be upset about being banned from the Grimoire Steam forum after choosing to engage in an argument of semantics with Cleve. You absolutely know without any doubt what the end result of that endeavor is going to be.

jfunk

Augur
On another note, I find myself in possession of an extra Grimoire backer key via not having the patience to wait for it at launch. Any truly needy codexers out there still lacking?

PEACH

Arbiter
Fought the infamous instakill spear trogs today for the first time and... what's the big deal? Cast armorplate and not only did I hit first due to speed, but they failed to penetrate a majority of the time.

Really had expected some nightmarish encounter wherein my party would be devastated by constant spears from every direction, what I got was their failure to penetrate a necromancer's robe and some pretty easy encounters even with basic autoattacking.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Fought the infamous instakill spear trogs today for the first time and... what's the big deal? Cast armorplate and not only did hit first due to speed, but they failed to penetrate a majority of the time.

Really had expected some nightmarish encounter wherein my party would be devastated by constant spears from every direction, what I got was their failure to penetrate a necromancer's robe and some pretty easy encounters even with basic autoattacking.

Beta played his first true blobber and decided his opinion on the game was worth a shit, that's the only reason we're discussing the one hit kills. I mean fuck you run into this shit in the super demo areas with the dragonflies and no one cared then

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom