Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Weasel
Steamspy figures always fluctuate like hell for 'smaller' releases, it's a known issue. Guess one can get a vague idea of trend but not much else. Look at J_C's game, out since Jan:

http://steamspy.com/app/576160

Urbanolo

Augur
Better late than never! Looking forward to raping that turtle. Or mabye it was riding? Doesn't matter now, my money is gone!

nIcA2Q3.png

Nice char names you got there.

Efe

Erudite
that graph isnt accurate thats why it fluctuates.
cleve can already see exact numbers from his side.

Lord Andre

Arcane
If the refund spree continues, will Cleve go berserk?

He is not an allahu ackbar like you, so no.

You're right. He'd just ram his van into a crowd of people who wrote bad reviews before getting a refund.

Good to see you posting, I was afraid Erdogan banned the internet in your country because of gulenist ties...

Edit: think about it: google-gulen, almost the same words, the propaganda writes itself...

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Get some mental help, Lady Error. You've already stated you've stopped playing the broken, buggy, piece of shit until it's "fixed'

Zep--

Lythandra

Educated
Ha! I haven't paid any attention to the game once it was released and I see it has turned out exactly like I thought it would.

An unbalanced buggy mess with no end in sight. hehehe

I do not see how anyone could have expected anything else with Cleve behind it all.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Ha! I haven't paid any attention to the game once it was released and I see it has turned out exactly like I thought it would.

An unbalanced buggy mess with no end in sight. hehehe

I do not see how anyone could have expected anything else with Cleve behind it all.

Pack it up folks, Baba Vanga has spoken /endthread

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
"I fully expect to sell 360,000 copies before we are through"

So he has a few to go then.

Golden Era is now offering 1/1000th of the full Grimoire experience as a standalone package, suitable for players of all ages with short attention spans. It covers character creation and 1 fight against an army of worms (up to 6 individual worms on the highest difficulty), giving the player a generous 36 minutes or thereabouts of superb quality gameplay.

With that in mind, quoted sales expectations are probably communicated in european decimal notation.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I fully expect to sell 360,000 copies before we are through"

So he has a few to go then.
I think Cleve said the actual sales so far are 4,000-5,000.

These were my predictions from one month ago, before release. So far they are holding up reasonably well. I expect him to get some bumps after the manual and V2 are released.

Will Grimoire sell 100+ of copies? Already happened with indiegogo.
1,000+? Easily.
10,000+? Probably.
100,000+? Doubtful, but possible over time.
1,000,000+? I wish. That would truly bring the Incline and the New Golden Age of Blobbers.

My prediction:
1st hour: 400 sold (not counting Indiegogo)
1st day: 2,000
1st week: 6,000
1st month: 10,000
1st year: 20,000
10 years: 50,000

I will be very saddened if it sells less than half my numbers. I will be very ecstatic if it sells more than double my numbers.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Too optimistic there Baff...unless it's flogged in a dollar bundle with a couple of good games(since people won't buy the tier for it) 5k is the most he can hope for. 90% of the audience for this has already bought it with it hovering around 2k so chances of it limping to even 5k is dependent on a very long and slow drip feed, and given the fact the game is ignored everywhere but here, exposure awareness about its existence is virtually nil. Cleve's tales of sales you can take with a big grain. If he counts sales like he counts gameplay hours, then it's overstated by a factor of 6 at least! Steamspy may not be accurate, but the fact that reviews have virtually dried up in the last week show that it pretty much stopped selling.

Poor Cleve..living like a bum for 20 years in the hope he'd be able to retire in glory and now this...

Last edited:
Needs to have more mind numbing mazes with nothing to do in them other than grind encounters every 1-3 steps to appeal to Japanese crawler fans.

In other words, needs more Megalith. Say, 50-70 floors.

:negative:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, Cleve is really crying like a little bitch. 20 years of miserable work ruined, the foul stench of abject failure permeating his corpulent, rummy veined nostrils.

Cry more faggit! Watching you blame others for your disaster is hilarious. Even more so seeing craven sycophants like Lady Error scurrying around like dung beetles, pushing around Clevean 'wisdoms' like giant turds, trying to distract from the truth.

:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom