Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Used the report function for the first time ever

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The reply was by a mod who didn't identify himself; denied and the message: "just stop".

I reminded me of the movie Alphaville, where the main character walks up to a vending machine, puts some money into it and presses a button, a note drops from the vending machine that says: "MERCI".

The poster I reported was just spamming.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Was it spamming as defined by the official rules thread? :M

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Tell me who the person you reported this to is, tell me who the person you were reporting is, and tell me what exactly it was that prompted you to report the second person to the first person in the first place.

Failure to comply will result in permanent ban.

Severian Silk

Most of the Internet appears to have reported Mynon. Maybe that's why they want you to stop?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
that was me

the "just stop" wasn't directly for you, i meant, everyone, just stop reporting that retard for stupid bullshit. I know he's a piece of shit but there seems to be a budding trend of "let's report mynon for stupid shit" and i am hoping to nip it in the bud.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
I put Mynon on ignore after his first few posts, figuring he'd run out of steam after a few days and reading his shit wasn't worth the annoyance. Little did I know how brightly the flame of shitposting burned in his heart. I wonder if if I missed out...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
people are afraid to be marked as snowflakes for putting others on ignore list so they are reporting instead? nice...

Yeah, this is some goonery right here.

(atm SA is having a problem where all the right-wingers are getting mass reported just for expressing right wing views)

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The Hillary-mod disagrees.

The fact that Mynon is unpopular amongst the proletariat and the fact that Mynon has poor posting etiquette are two distinct issues entirely.

If a mod wants to read any political intent into reporting on form, that's not my concern, that's just a bad interpretation. The fact is no mod can oversee anything without getting reports from users on a forum the size of this one, so getting reports every now and then is part of the program. Whether the mods do something about said reporting, is not my concern,... but I don't expect them to whine.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Politics isn't the issue (directly anyway).

Mynon may not have posted the original thread in GamerGhazi, but he was stirring things up over there the whole time. When Infinitron moved the thread to GD, Mynon was the one screeching on reddit about mods here trying to "cover it up".

So yeah, he didn't start obsidiangate, but he was actively contributing to the attacks.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Do you, by any chance, take a look at dog poops on the streets when you walk outside?
Because I don't.
Same apply to his lettered vomits called "posts".

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
The Hillary-mod disagrees.

The fact that Mynon is unpopular amongst the proletariat and the fact that Mynon has poor posting etiquette are two distinct issues entirely.

If a mod wants to read any political intent into reporting on form, that's not my concern, that's just a bad interpretation. The fact is no mod can oversee anything without getting reports from users on a forum the size of this one, so getting reports every now and then is part of the program. Whether the mods do something about said reporting, is not my concern,... but I don't expect them to whine.
your report was about him writing "i rate this post "parrot"" or something like that
it was a retarded post, but i don't see how it's spam

just stop

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
people are afraid to be marked as snowflakes for putting others on ignore list so they are reporting instead? nice...

an Administrator is there a way to get a list of people who lets say... filed 5+ reports?

Even though i am an Administrator myself, i have filled way over 5 reports :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom