Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favourite race in TES games?

Favourite rase in Elder scrools games?

• Imperials

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • Breton

Votes: 36 15.1%
  • Nord

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Nigger

Votes: 23 9.6%
  • Altmer

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Bosmer

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Dunmer

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • Ork

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Lizards

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • Cats

Votes: 21 8.8%

• Total voters

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dunmer have the tied highest amount of votes in the poll and yet nobody wrote anything about liking them in this thread.

Dunmer liked only by insecure faggots confirmed.

I thought that was interesting, too. I almost always play Dunmers since I usually go with a stealth/archer/illusionist hybrid and its the best race for it in Morrowind and pretty good at it in the other TES games. The only time I deviated from this was in Battlespire, where stealth wasn't nearly as useful.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imperials partly cause i always make my first play as diplo-warrior and partly to be all :obviously: playing as TES Roman and to carry this burden of civilized man in lands full of Frogs and Sandniggers, Jew like Elves, Prosper land and Snow Niggeria. Also to fuck Elves; fuck them all they are all assholes in TES; Only Orcs are bros they join the Legions and make cool armaments; Honorary Imperials. :hero:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Imperials partly cause i always make my first play as diplo-warrior and partly to be all :obviously: playing as TES Roman and to carry this burden of civilized man in lands full of Frogs and Sandniggers, Jew like Elves, Prosper land and Snow Niggeria. Also to fuck Elves; fuck them all they are all assholes in TES; Only Orcs are bros they join the Legions and make cool armaments; Honorary Imperials. :hero:
:russiastronk:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
:russiastronk:

The Colovians (the more manly and not decadent Imperials) are literally Russian Slavs:

His first edict, on his very first day, was to cede the kingdom to the Empire.

The reaction throughout the Colovian Estates was shock and outrage, nowhere more so than in the court of Kvatch. Rislav Larich, we are told, rode forth to his brother's kingdom, together with his wife and two dozen of his father-in-law's cavalry. It was surely not an impressive army, no matter how the chroniclers embellish it, but they had little trouble defeating all the guards Dorald sent to stop them. In truth, there was no actual battling, for the soldiers of Skingrad resented their new king's decision to give up their autonomy.

The brothers faced one another in the castle courtyard where they had grown up.

In typical Colovian fashion, there was no trial, no accusations of treason, no jury, no judge. Only an executioner.

"Thou art no brother of mine," Rislav Larich said, and struck Dorald's head from his shoulders in one blow. He was crowned King of Skingrad still holding the same bloody axe in his arms.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Rislav_the_Righteous

That's literally like story from Russian Chronicles from time of Northern ''Crusades'' or Mongol invasion; even tactic used to defeat the Invaders is one Slavs used:

The winter rains had washed through the roads to the south, sending much of the West Weald spilling into Valenwood. The Emperor took the northern route, and King Rislav with a small patrol of guards met him at a low pass on what is now the Gold Road. The Emperor's army, it is said, was so large that the Beast of Anequina could hear its march from hundreds of miles away, and despite himself, the chroniclers say, he quaked in fear.

Rislav, it was said, did not quake. With perfect politeness, he told the Emperor that his party was too large to be accommodated in the tiny kingdom of Skingrad.

"Next time," Rislav said. "Write before you come."

The Emperor was, like most Alessian Emperors, not a man of great humor, and he thought Rislav touched by Sheogorath. He ordered his personal guards to arrest the poor madman, but at that moment, the King of Skingrad raised his arm and sent his hawk flying into the sky. It was a signal his army had been waiting for. The Alessian were all within the pass and the range of their arrows.

King Rislav and his guard began riding westward as fast as if they had been "kissed by wild Kynareth," as the chroniclers said. He did not dare to look behind him, but his plan went faultlessly. The far eastern end of the pass was sealed by rolling boulders, giving the Alessian no direction to go but westward. The Skingrad archers rained arrows down upon the Imperial army from far above on the plateaus, remaining safe from reprisal. The furious Emperor Gorieus chased Rislav from the Weald to the Highlands, leaving Skingrad far behind, all the while his army growing steadily smaller and smaller.

In the ancient Highland forest, the Imperial army met the army of Rislav's father-in-law, the King of Kvatch. The Alessian army likely still outnumbered their opponents, but they were exhausted and their morale had been obliterated by the chase amid a sea of arrows. After an hour's battle, they retreated north into what is now the Imperial Reserve, and from there, further north and east, to slip back to nurse their wounds and pride in Nibenay.

He defeated superior in numbers, training and armament army using the land itself; this is how we Russians thrumphed over Livonian Knights, Swedish Carolingians, Napoleon troops and Shtilerite Invaders. :russia:

Look, Bethesda has its own logic due to their severe level of incompetence when it comes to game development. Normally, you would select a race based on the stats and bonuses, but in Bethesda games, one must take into account that most of them look horrifyingly ugly. For example, while the Altmer sound cool in principle (ancient magic wielding race), they always look like 8 foot tall balding BLOOM emitting weirdos in the games. So if you all remember the character generator in Oblivion, the more modifications you made to the vanilla face, the uglier it looked. Going by this Bethesdian logic, I proclaim Imperials to be my favorite race as they are the "vanilla" face.

deuxhero

Arcane
Mechanically Bretons are the only race that is consistently, across all 5 main games (no idea about Battlespire), useful. Altmer are a runner up (but in some games that magic weakness is pretty crippling). The reason is pretty simple: It's always reasonable to use multiple fields of magic on a mage, but a warrior really only wants 1 weapon skill and 1 armor skill.

hello friend

Arcane
Look, Bethesda has its own logic due to their severe level of incompetence when it comes to game development. Normally, you would select a race based on the stats and bonuses, but in Bethesda games, one must take into account that most of them look horrifyingly ugly. For example, while the Altmer sound cool in principle (ancient magic wielding race), they always look like 8 foot tall balding BLOOM emitting weirdos in the games. So if you all remember the character generator in Oblivion, the more modifications you made to the vanilla face, the uglier it looked. Going by this Bethesdian logic, I proclaim Imperials to be my favorite race as they are the "vanilla" face.
Altmer in Oblivion look like sentient asparagus

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Mechanically Bretons are the only race that is consistently, across all 5 main games (no idea about Battlespire), useful. Altmer are a runner up (but in some games that magic weakness is pretty crippling). The reason is pretty simple: It's always reasonable to use multiple fields of magic on a mage, but a warrior really only wants 1 weapon skill and 1 armor skill.
How can they be useful in a game where you are a god tier strong after a few hours gameplay?Race bonuses are useless,just chose the best looking.

deuxhero

Arcane
How can they be useful in a game where you are a god tier strong after a few hours gameplay?Race bonuses are useless,just chose the best looking.

That's beside the point. All races can become stupidly strong, yes, but my point was that Breton were most efficient at becoming stupidly strong.

Mojomancer

Novice
Dunmer, Morrowind was my first RPG and I decided to play a Dunmer cause it was set in their swamp.

Consistently played as a Dunmer in each game since.

Santander02

Arcane
If I had to rate the chicks...

Bosmer=Dunmer>Nords>Everyone Else

Pre-Lolbiblions of course, everyone looks like a :prosper: since that game.

Beastro

Arcane
Picked Dunmer for Morrowind since they seemed to fit best first go around, been my default since then mainly since races are increasingly cosmetic and I find deforming Dunmer in the character editor the most amusing for some reason.

Dunmer because they are the most unique and interesting. Morrowind is the only (visited) region of Tamriel that feels fresh rather than a Tolkien rehash. Archetype-wise they also tend to be the sort of resourceful generalist scrapper which fits much better as an adventurer than the races which are clearly only for one thing. Also the women are sluts.

Imperials I'd probably play for similar reasons (and to larp as Romans) had Oblivion not retconned fucking everything to make them Generic McEveryone Persons.

Depends on which Elder Scrolls

Arena: Redguards, because their damage goes up with level, and can reach ridiculously high levels

Daggerfall: Bretons, because of Spell Absorption

Oblivion: Bosmer, because I did not like Oblivion combat, so played stealthy characters to avoid it

Skyrim: Bretons or Altmer, because Skyrim spellcasting is so broken, it is actually fantastic

Morrowind: Orc because Morrowind's a bit broken and races get speed bonuses the heavier and taller they are. Saves tons of time in the walking simulator.

Daedra, because mortal races are too petty and fun to fuck with.
Dwemer, because most civilized and :obviously: mortal race.
Mudcrab, because degenerates avoid them whenever they can.

But if we're going for playable races, it's a toughie - they're all garbage in one way or another:
Imperials are jews.
Bretons are betas.
Nords are hillbillies.
Niggers are niggers.
Altmer are fops.
Bosmer are elves.
Dunmer are butthurt.
Orcs are green niggers.
Lizards are scalies.
Kittehs are furries.
lol LARPers
And in the end, TES always made race inconsequential with its inclooosiveness, so why care.
But eh, would probably pick Nord if I had to, since they wuz original humans n shiet. Doesn't matter, would be playing a floating camera demigod within a dozen hours anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom