Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Does someone knows how to cure lycanthrope, btw? One of my characters had it, but he recovered by itself, but it may be from a fountain, can't remember if I drank anything that recovered that. I was used to lycanthrope after a while so I hardly looked to see if my characters was normal again.
I've travelled to Moravia VII, drunk from fountain and looks like I'm hale again! Needs some testing, though.
Cleve :love:
felipepepe said:
You reach it by using the Monolotih in Samhain Gorge, after you talked to the Green Mandarin. You can explore it fully without the key, but it's a really bad dungeon... it's 7 levels with noting but random encounters, only worth for the great loot.
:lol:
How about shitton of Arcana and Eldritch books? It's the reward itself.

Also I'm 185 hours in Grimoire. And for two weeks I've played it without Internet connected because of these save corruptions.

Kayerts

Arcane
Tabernacle of Music, where is the code for the Harmonium, on a skeleton?
Skeleton is Library Policeman, but it only gives you bunch of reagents and potions. I'm trying to find code right now.

This is the worst puzzle in the game, partially because solving it requires you to just be wrong. (Grimoire thinks eggplants are black, despite the fact that "aubergine" is the name of a deep purple color.) Grapes also come in three of the six available colors, and the order and starting position seems to be completely arbitrary.

blue, red, purple, yellow, black, green

Where does one find the answers to the Mouth Riddles in Oblivion?

They're pretty straightforward on their own. If you need a hint, check the well in the Museum of Magic back in Crowl.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Thank you, it works!
Indeed. I thought that eggplants are purple and grapes are black (because cucumbers are green).

ukdouble1

Educated
2 wiki, if it needed.

Riddles in the Hecatombs of the Sphinx.

A pointed sword that descends from the air, greets the dawn with a drink, is shattered by the sun. What is it?
Icicle
With two hands he numbers them in sequence, one after the other, each gesture following the next. Until he arrives where he began, plain of face and as humble at the end as the very beginning. What is he?
Clock
This one fell a little ways, soon was joined by his felows. Until at last his mother was naked and without the least bit of shade. Of what do I speak?
Leaves
I found a stick that weighed two pounds. I sawed it up and passed it round. I cut it into pieces eight and then added up the sum of weight. it wasn't the same stick I thought I found, for the sum no longer weighed two pounds. where did the missing weight of the stick I found go to?
Sawdust
Zeno said I shall set out, upon walk to Zanzibout. Zeno walked a half a day, he looked about and was halfway. Now Zanzibout was half day away, so zeno said enough today. The morning after he again set out and soon half the way to zanzibout. When did zeno reach his destination?
Noon
A fat hat on a stool, needs no sun upon his seat. likes it where it's damp and cool, sometimes good enough to eat.
Mushroom

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Tabernacle of Music, where is the code for the Harmonium, on a skeleton?
Skeleton is Library Policeman, but it only gives you bunch of reagents and potions. I'm trying to find code right now.

This is the worst puzzle in the game, partially because solving it requires you to just be wrong. (Grimoire thinks eggplants are black, despite the fact that "aubergine" is the name of a deep purple color.) Grapes also come in three of the six available colors, and the order and starting position seems to be completely arbitrary.

blue, red, purple, yellow, black, green

Where does one find the answers to the Mouth Riddles in Oblivion?

They're pretty straightforward on their own. If you need a hint, check the well in the Museum of Magic back in Crowl.

Like all great RPG puzzles. the Harmonium code just requires a little extra intuition to get right.

Lord Marcus

Novice
I'm near the end of the game and completely stumped as to how to progress.
I'm at cromlech of the clock and I need to cause some sort of emergency to pull the lever, I think it involves interacting with the computer screen across the room but I've tried everything in my inventory. Do I need to go all the way back and activate the bridge in the barracks, or am I missing something obvious?

Bridge in the barracks? the barracks back in Crowl?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'm at cromlech of the clock and I need to cause some sort of emergency to pull the lever, I think it involves interacting with the computer screen across the room but I've tried everything in my inventory. Do I need to go all the way back and activate the bridge in the barracks, or am I missing something obvious?

Referring to the
Alien Barracks below the River of Time
in the final set of dungeon areas.

Lord Marcus

Novice

Referring to the
Alien Barracks below the River of Time
in the final set of dungeon areas.

I missed most of that map. slaps forehead.

HINT: RTFB.

Last edited:

ukdouble1

Educated
Kayerts found in the decompiled scripts the true name of the djinn. I followed his example and also found this name. Its
Agdulhanish
. The djinn obeys this name, it works. But in the palace treasury on one of the mosaics another name of the djinn is written. Its
Axashazzar
. But in the game`s script this name is used as a command that returns an easter egg only. I already named the djinn and spent all three desires, and I cant check it. Maybe someone will check second name?

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Kayerts found in the decompiled scripts the true name of the djinn. I followed his example and also found this name. Its
Agdulhanish
. The djinn obeys this name, it works. But in the palace treasury on one of the mosaics another name of the djinn is written. Its
Axashazzar
. But in the game`s script this name is used as a command that returns an easter egg only. I already named the djinn and spent all three desires, and I cant check it. Maybe someone will check second name?

Nobody's playing Grimoire anymore. It's dead, Jim

Zep--

ukdouble1

Educated
I stuck at the end. In the Moon Abyss, I set up a cube, but party can not climb into it, Reality Hijinx merchandise is needed. Whats this? I thought that a magazine or pages from it, but they do not fit.
The clock in cromlech is set. The rest of the doors are closed.

Kayerts

Arcane
Like all great RPG puzzles. the Harmonium code just requires a little extra intuition to get right.

It does remind me of the puzzle in World of Xeen that was only solvable if you spelled "beggar" as "begger." :lol:

I stuck at the end. In the Moon Abyss, I set up a cube, but party can not climb into it, Reality Hijinx merchandise is needed. Whats this? I thought that a magazine or pages from it, but they do not fit.
The clock in cromlech is set. The rest of the doors are closed.

The magazines refer to two Reality Hijinx products. You've interacted with one of them. What's the other?

It's the Havoc Seed.
Check other areas through the teleporters in the Cromlech.

ukdouble1

Educated
Check other areas
I guess I do not notice some obvious thing, but I can not open any doors. Everyone is locked up. There are 2 rooms with a pair of levers in each, but the levers immediately return to their original state, if they are pulled, and do nothing.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Check other areas
I guess I do not notice some obvious thing, but I can not open any doors. Everyone is locked up. There are 2 rooms with a pair of levers in each, but the levers immediately return to their original state, if they are pulled, and do nothing.
Each of
the 4 levers opens a different door, leading to 4 separate areas, one of which is the Moon Abyss that you already explored. Use a different lever to open a different area
and keep exploring.

Lord Marcus

Novice
I have done the Moon and the Spring endings, did the Outworld and Haunted Wastes and can't find how to finish, also is it individual levers that open the skull doors or is it all to do with combos of the four levers?

Having finished two endings where is the special save game file located?

ukdouble1

Educated
can't find how to finish
good ending, imho, is:
1. Take seed from Haunted Wastes.
2. Put it in the clock. (levers that open the skull doors will unblocked).
3. Go to Plateau.
4. Defeat Ahriman (if he is still alive)
5. Go to the flying saucer and fly away.
I still did not understand why the owl asked me to take milk and jelly.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I still did not understand why the owl asked me to take milk and jelly.

You can go back and give them to him. Not that it's worth it really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom