Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I played through it twice, both times on Tactician difficulty. Enjoyed Cyseal on both of the playthroughs, didn't care for the rest but for different reasons. The first time I hated the endless mines and stupid pixel-hunting puzzles but enjoyed the fights; the second time the mines and puzzles didn't bother me because I knew where they are/what the solutions are, but since I also knew about the fights, they had lost most of their excitement too and just became a tedious grind.

Also, I was disappointed at how samey the gameplay was with both of my parties despite a materially different composition. I was still relying on AoE status effects; the only thing that changed was that the second time around I was using grenades more since I only had one caster.

Entirely unlike Pillars, where your party composition drastically changes the gameplay. So nyah.

Pretty much my entire experience. At first the game blows your mind with great combat, fun and detailed world and (back on launch) it really impressed with the kind of high quality production values that haven't been seen in this type of game in a decade.

But the longer you play , the more jarring the flaws become. The faggoty colors, god awful writing, retarded puzzles. Eventually it also becomes apparent that combat is only good at first glance and has this very Biowarish design where everything you do needs to feel Awesome(tm), but under the hood it's all very shallow and repetitive.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
If you didn't want to be gang-raped by niggers, you shouldnt have walked down that alley, that's your own fault!

Flawless analogy.

It doesnt excuse the core of the problem.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
the trailer to the dark tower totally spoiled the entire thing for me because they revealed they would be using cgi

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has there been any news on whether or not controller support will be included at launch? I want to know if I'll be able to jump right into the coop multiplayer.

<< Controller support. >>

<< Controller support. >>

Triggered yet? :lol:

Yes it will.
That's great. Time to stock up on soda and popcorn.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you really stupid enough to believe you can watch a video game trailer without seeing gameplay? I'm baffled. I mean, what the fuck did you expect from a trailer? A black screen and someone saying "buy the game, trust us, it's awesome"

Not gameplay, but
the big worm at the end of the trailer, which is a monster we are going fight, now it won't be surprising anymore

Also, it's not really equivalent to Transfomers because Larian hired 7 writers so the story can be good. Yes, I was naive, I won't let it happen again.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
MrW5mUX.gif

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Lacrymas said:
I want to be surprised by what I'm going to fight/explore, not have them show me what they have up their sleeves in the fucking trailer. You know games aren't only about writing, right?

Are you really stupid enough to believe you can watch a video game trailer without seeing gameplay? I'm baffled. I mean, what the fuck did you expect from a trailer? A black screen and someone saying "buy the game, trust us, it's awesome"

Thanks for spoiling the PoE2 trailer.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Not having either good writing or a good story automatically disqualifies it from being anywhere near or close to the top crpgs made even in recent times.
Most top crpgs barely have any story at all except for what you actually do (creating an managing you party, exploring dungeons, killing things, ect...).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1988441

Kickstarter Update #44 - We’re alllllllllllllmost there!

The fighter, exhausted, hauls himself to the final step of the cavern. Turning and holding his torch aloft, he looks back at the chaos behind him.

He looks out over the labyrinth he's passed through - at every dead end he went down, and every pitfall he avoided (or muscled through). At the horde of dead bugs. At the monsters that whispered in code. At the end of it all, he looks out and sees more than two years of toil and adventure.

But more than that, he sees two years of exploits with friends, old and new. Of found family. Of bonds forged in fire.

He holds his torch to the heavens and, in triumph - his torch goes out.

Fate chuckles as the fighter looks at the embers in disbelief. "You didn't think I was finished, did you? You didn't think it would be that easy?"

The fighter spins, drawing his sword. There's always one more monster to slay…

"One voice, alone in the darkness," Fate hisses. "You cannot hope to overcome."

Now it's the fighter's turn to chuckle as, in the distance, a flicker of light appears. Another light twinkles, this one closer. More and more lights appear, until 42,700 torches flare to life, bathing the room in blinding light.

"I was never alone," the fighter grins.

Drawing his sword he turns to the horde and roars -

Welcome to the release of Divinity: Original Sin 2!

It's been a long time coming, and the road here has been exhilarating, exhausting, and unexpected for all of us. And it wouldn't be a Larian adventure if Fate hadn't just thrown one last twist our way. We'll let Swen explain...

Feature Trailer
If you’ve somehow managed to not see our feature trailer yet, just point your hype-hungry eyeballs right here. Stop reading, start watching:

Translations postponed one week
We set ourselves some incredibly ambitious targets for this game, and while we cleared most of those hurdles, there is one area where we unfortunately had some issues.

We’d hoped to launch the game in English, German, French and Russian, and we’ve been working for months towards this goal, but we hit some unexpected problems at the eleventh hour.

After a lot of discussion and heartache we decided that, rather than release the game with some disappointing translations in there, we would take an extra week to make sure that the translations were as complete and well-implemented as they could be, rather than launch the game and give you an experience that we weren’t satisfied with.

This wasn’t a decision we made lightly - we know how much some of you have been looking forward to playing the game in your native languages - but we hope you’ll enjoy it so much more when the complete Russian, German and French translations are released on the 21st September.

Collector’s Editions
Our Collector’s Editions are all boxed up and parcelled out now. Depending on the postal service in your country, you should receive yours either today, tomorrow or early next week. The hoodies (as you can see Swen modelling in the above video!) are currently having a very short holiday in customs, so will be with you as soon as bureaucratically possible!

If you are one of the folks who didn’t give us your address for your Collector’s Edition - we need your address to send it to you! Go to https://www.larianvault.com/ and input your details so we can send you some postal happiness.

f1a9539a1dba196657d2e20f172c652c_original.jpg

Release Streams

The Carnage begins!

- CohhCarnage
kicks us off at 8am PST

Rollin' on with Bikeman and Delrith

- Next up is Bikeman
and Delrith at 2pm PST

Bringin' it all home

- And then Jesse Cox
, Crendor, Dodger and Strippin take over at 4pm PST!

So get out the popcorn and cheese plates (and maybe a seat-belt for safety) because it's going to be a wild ride through Rivellon!

We’re also going to do a dev stream next Tuesday the 19th, so mark a little X in your calendars for that. Detailed time and castlist to follow soon. (Check Twitter for all the latest.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
From every single one of us here at Larian, from the bottom of our hearts - we thank YOU. You - each and every one of our Kickstarter backers - made this game possible. We eagerly hope that we have made an experience you will truly love.

And if we have? Tell your friends, tell your family, tell the voices that whisper to you from the Void. Wait, after the last few months of crunch, maybe that last one is just us. Maybe…

A post two years in the making...

KateMicucci

Arcane
Release Streams

The Carnage begins!

- CohhCarnage
kicks us off at 8am PST

Rollin' on with Bikeman and Delrith

- Next up is Bikeman
and Delrith at 2pm PST

Bringin' it all home

- And then Jesse Cox
, Crendor, Dodger and Strippin take over at 4pm PST!

So get out the popcorn and cheese plates (and maybe a seat-belt for safety) because it's going to be a wild ride through Rivellon!

We’re also going to do a dev stream next Tuesday the 19th, so mark a little X in your calendars for that. Detailed time and castlist to follow soon. (Check Twitter for all the latest.)
Warning for the sensitive:
Streams may contain gameplay.

deama

Prophet
I just woke up really sweaty and excited to play DOS2, but now I get cockblocked by this 4pm release date shit, FUCK!

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jeez I scrolled down too fast, saw "postponed" in big ass font size and was like :negative:

Vibalist

Arcane
The story in DOS2 seems okay so far, really, especially if you choose one of the origin characters. I went with The Red Prince and I think the setup works fine: You're a disgraced noble and former slaver who is used to being treated like royalty, but now you're crawling around in the dirt being spat on while wearing a collar. From there, you need to find a way to take back what's yours.

Is it mind blowing? No, but it's good enough for this type of game. Playing a noble stripped of his status is kind of fun and unique for this type of setting. You can act like a real Joffrey if you want, which I enjoy.

In a game like D:OS 2, I don't think the story needs to be a lot more than that. It's approximately as good as any old Bioware RPG (which is to say, mediocre), but since the gameplay is much better, who fucking cares.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Studio in Europe and still catering to NA market... very low T.

Or hold on, is it 8 AM PST? Well that is not too bad.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Apparently I backed this and am getting the collectors box. I must have been drunk because I don't remember and haven't even completed D:OS yet. Looking at my Larian Vault page I'm getting tons of cool stuff like a dwarven mug. It's like a new 'Bumvelcrow Appreciation Day' has just been sprung on me unexpectedly. I might take some pictures when it arrives.

Edit:
campaign_dos2.jpg
Okay, now I understand...

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
So the story is going to be shit like in the first game? Not buyin'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom