Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They (the quest markers) point to people that are related to quests but not locations. You will never have a marker pointing at an item for example that completes a quest afaik

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Heads up, a spoiler you'll be glad to know before you start exploring Chapter 2:

If you wander in the Wrecker's Cave around lvl 11/12, stumble into those four Voidwokens and watch helplessly how they chew you up, don't reload thinking you're underleveled for the area and have to come back later. You're actually not underleveled. It's one of those RPG moments where you're supposed to die. Yeah. I reloaded, came back at level 15, they "killed" me anyways and then I was just facerolling through this huge area that's appropriate for level 12/13, fighting trash mobs, finding trash loot and getting rewards that'd be great three levels ago. Just fyi.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Heads up, a spoiler you'll be glad to know before you start exploring Chapter 2:

If you wander in the Wrecker's Cave around lvl 11/12, stumble into those four Voidwokens and watch helplessly how they chew you up, don't reload thinking you're underleveled for the area and have to come back later. You're actually not underleveled. It's one of those RPG moments where you're supposed to die. Yeah. I reloaded, came back at level 15, they "killed" me anyways and then I was just facerolling through this huge area that's appropriate for level 12/13, fighting trash mobs, finding trash loot and getting rewards that'd be great three levels ago. Just fyi.

Nothing better then going through a level and finding only leveled loot...even with lucky charm, you get leveled loot in a region xD

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lone Wolf is the only way to play.

Try playing a fighter vs the Bridge Trolls tho.

1 hit, and I got REEEKT ;D

It got immunity to everything and has 043953409583409345 hp

Just killed Drog Grog , it was much easier than I thought , poor fella didn't get a chance to do anything getting stunned each turn . Didn't even take long to do it , thanks to Prince's pyromancy dealing over 1000 damage per turn .
LyiUIlT.jpg

People say that 2 lone wolves are really strong , but I wonder how they deal with gimmicky fights like this , where versatility really matters .

2 lone wolf summoners are real good versatile cheese.
just drop a point or so in the magic schools to learn the infusion spells (or better yet get loot with +magic skills if the RNG favors you) for creating them surfaces and elemental infusions with utility and you are good to go.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I did just kill them on level 12.IS there some kind of immortal monster or something that i missed?I cleaned the caves and killed the idiot dwarf undead.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
So far who are the cool characters? For me Red Prince and Ifan are good adventuring buddies the girl bard looked like she'd be funny too but I took Fane instead. The elf girl should have been more like Divinity Dragon Commander this one was acting like a piece of garbage, might give her a go next playthrough along with beast.

I have a bad feeling that we're going to have to kill each other so only one of us becomes the divine would be sad.

Renevent

Cipher
Primary is Red Prince, and he's cool. The others I took were Lohse, Fane, and Ifan. The other two were insufferable.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The elf chick becomes more interesting later in the second chapter,at least for me.Fane feels little boring,i haven heard him talk for the last 10 hours.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
[...] Larian aproach to game is fun unlike any POE balanced bland shit.
Honestly though, some of the main flaws of the game stems from the fact that Larian seem to have forgotten this key tenet. I think it hit the game late in development, which is why it's not endemic, but there are definitely key parts where they prioritized "balance" over fun. It's honestly very.. odd. It's like they changed leads mid-development or something, or decided to build the game as some kind of competitive platform, possibly for PvP or something. It's actually quite odd, the near-obsession there seem to have been on certain aspects of the game, which is why the Attributes are so extremely lackluster and we're stuck with the round-robin turn-order.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. A lot of combat decisions seem to be focused on balanced multiplayer PvP which is certainly crazy as it was never the focus of the game.
Yes, it's the weirdest thing. Is it even possible to PvP?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
[...] Larian aproach to game is fun unlike any POE balanced bland shit.
Honestly though, some of the main flaws of the game stems from the fact that Larian seem to have forgotten this key tenet. I think it hit the game late in development, which is why it's not endemic, but there are definitely key parts where they prioritized "balance" over fun. It's honestly very.. odd. It's like they changed leads mid-development or something, or decided to build the game as some kind of competitive platform, possibly for PvP or something. It's actually quite odd, the near-obsession there seem to have been on certain aspects of the game, which is why the Attributes are so extremely lackluster and we're stuck with the round-robin turn-order.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. A lot of combat decisions seem to be focused on balanced multiplayer PvP which is certainly crazy as it was never the focus of the game.
Yes, it's the weirdest thing. Is it even possible to PvP?

arenas :troll:

also the chapter 2 start at the ship is so bad its actually putting me off from starting the game

made

Arcane
This vs the first game - which is better and why? Have they finally implement the NPC schedules they had promised originally?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This vs the first game - which is better and why? Have they finally implement the NPC schedules they had promised originally?
Unfortunately, no. The new one is better in total but things changed (mainly in combat) which are, to say the least, controversial.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Unfortunately, no. The new one is better in total but things changed (mainly in combat) which are, to say the least, controversial.
I am about to get past Act 1 on this one, so I guess I should say it's better than the first.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
D:OS 2 is better than D:OS 1. Don't kid yourself. Overall though, it's shitty compared to numerous other cRPGs.

Mark ma words boys, Vince will be our RPG Messiah yet.

When The New World releases, it will be better than fucking Fallout. It will make you see a new dimension of cRPGs.
It will make you question reality. It will hurt, but you will pull through.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom