Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
That fight is bullshit, yes. I had 30-40 fps during the entire fight, how much do u have? everything maxed.

Sjukob

Arcane
That fight is bullshit, yes. I had 30-40 fps during the entire fight, how much do u have? everything maxed
Probably around 10 . But I found that fight hilarious . It's starts with a dude , being hang sideways , yelling "Screw you all!" and casting chain lighting or something , the puddles of shit come to life and to your surprise they can leap , feces spread everywhere , somebody farts and the whole area explodes in flames . The fighting goes on as bigger turds start to appear , the fighters are already covered in shit , blood and vomit , but still standing . When there's no safe spot to place your feet at , you think "It can't get any worse" of course it fucking can ! Wild hellfire poop overlords appear , tentacles rise from the ground looking for victims to rape , Red Prince turns into a dragon , shit literally rains from the sky . The retarded boy you are trying to save runs around in flames , guess tentacles must be tickling his dick somehow . The long forgotten magister downstairs who has been thinking for the entire time if he should go left or right , witnisses Red Prince - the sex god himslef , gets a massive erection and tries to join a bukkake party on top , but gets eaten alive by the blob on his way . The sheer amount of epicness happening is too much for some of men and even after the fight is over Ifan dies from heart attack while orgasming .

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How much FPS are people getting with 3.5 ghz CPUs? Have a 2500k and a 970 and this game is weirdly struggling a lot of the time, haven't hit 60 FPS in an open area at all.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can get to level 8, and if you don't Zap the shriekers but saved the dragon he would take care of all of them. OTOH, what's this about improved Tyrant's helm?
Huh... I did save the dragon. And he said that he would return to me in a time of dire need or something cryptic like that. This is why I prefer quest rewards that you can just pick up and use...
Nothing happened. When I accidentally walked into that shrieker room without zapping them, I just got killed. No idea where the dragon would come in here.

About the Tyrant's helm:
It gives you a seemingly unlimited amount of Purge usages, right? Not! When you use it three times, basically a demon appears and if you defeat it, it drops the helm in a non-cursed variant and instead of Purge it has Shackles Of Pain. You can also strike some deals with the demon, I guess, but I didn't try.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
WHY CANNOT I GIVE SOUL JARS TO UNDEADS IN THE CASTLE. I HAVE IT IN MY BACKPACK. I CANNOT EVEN MENTION IT.
They asked you to destroy their jars, not to bring them back. Still, I would have expected some dialogue if I carried the jars when talking to them. Just destroy the jars and the quest is closed.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
What's the problem with the rat there? He WANTS me to use magic on him, I expcted that I need to bless him. But he dies anyway. What's the point of it?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
NhYAb0.jpg

the key to understanding this game

also "no quest markers" no sirree

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A nice little touch: Tried to read a book with my Outlaw/Soldier, but he could not decipher it. On a whim, I read it with my scholar, and he could read the book.

the key to understanding this game

also "no quest markers" no sirree

You are trying too hard to hate on the game. Chicken ends up punching through the map with her beak, not drawing on it. Besides 'quest markers' are available only for a handful of quests and they are not interactive, they work exactly the same way as in fallout, arcanum, bg and so on (when you discovered location through the dialogue). It's just a marked spot on the map, which makes sense, considering the setting.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You are trying too hard to hate on the game. Chicken ends up punching through the map with her beak, not drawing on it. Besides 'quest markers' are available only for a handful of quests and they are not interactive, they work exactly the same way as in fallout, arcanum, bg and so on (when you discovered location through the dialogue). It's just a marked spot on the map, which makes sense, considering the setting.

i just got here, why do i have a map

if i have a map, why is it fully in fog of war

why can a chicken read the map

why does the chicken know the exact spot where the munsters stole its eggs

and finally, which is the biggest point since all the above can just be attributed to hurrdurr - considering how straightforward is the way to that spot, WHY CAN'T IT JUST SAY "THEY WENT NORTH"? Or "They went right by the gallows"? Jesus Christ.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another nice touch:
Fought a shark, used teleport to move it to land and it died.

oscar

Arcane
Well after playing an "extended trial" of the game I decided to purchase it. Even with all the SJW nonsense and other problems games like this are few and far between.... also I need those updates "free" versions don't get updates.

Paying full price for a game is something I never do usually except for Grimoire but that was a special condition.

As someone on the fence who wasn't massively impressed by the first game (got bogged down in the first city), do let me know.

Arkeus

Arcane

i just got here, why do i have a map

if i have a map, why is it fully in fog of war
Doesn't the second question answer the first? You have a map because you are drawing it.
why can a chicken read the map

why does the chicken know the exact spot where the munsters stole its eggs

and finally, which is the biggest point since all the above can just be attributed to hurrdurr - considering how straightforward is the way to that spot, WHY CAN'T IT JUST SAY "THEY WENT NORTH"? Or "They went right by the gallows"? Jesus Christ.
Chiiicken.

Seethe

Arbiter
That fight is bullshit, yes. I had 30-40 fps during the entire fight, how much do u have? everything maxed.

Wish I knew, unfortunately I was playing at my work pc which could only run the game on high and medium. But the FPS dropped to like 7-10.

P.S: The Arena of the One is a pretty nice idea, especially since your choices can pit you against your own companions(although it's unfortunate that you can manipulate them to like you so easily). The music that played during the fight and escape was nice as well.

Last edited:

Vibalist

Arcane
I'm already getting a bit tired of this game, and I'm only halfway through the Driftwood area. Itemization is still lackluster, the inventory gets more and more messy the more stuff you acquire and the combat/scaling is... off.

There's this particular fight in the Blackpits, where you meet Jonathan (the guy Gareth wants you to kill). It's just bad. You're on top of a platform defending against waves of oily blobs that all cast the same spells and do the same shit. They're not challenging, there are just a billion of them, who keep swarming you. Earlier in the game, combat encounters were short and tight and featured a variety of enemies, but that seems to disappear after a while.

I don't even understand why. The game is already long as it is. It's not like it needs to rely on uninteresting trash mobs to pad out its length. I can understand why lesser games, designed by people who don't know how to make engaging combat systems, would resort to this kind of shit, but this encounter could've been left out and nothing of value would have been lost.

During the fight the whole area is lit on fire because the blobs leave behind a trail of oil that will inevitably ignite. My characters were standing in a sea of necrofire for 15+ turns, but it didn't matter, because at this point my magical armor is so high any surface doesn't do anything. Immediately after the fight there's a dungeon with a ton of traps that set off necrofire/cursed water/poison when you step on them. There are literally too many to disarm, so my strategy was to just run through all of them, because they aren't dangerous at this point. It would have been fun in an easy-peasy "I'm a fire resistant god by now" sort of way if it wasn't for the fact that there's no way to tell your characters to ignore surfaces, so I had to guide each of them individually through every surface that was on fire.

Also, my fucking voidchicken died in the fight against the stupid blobs. Now I'll never know what its story is. :negative: And I'm not repeating that lame fight to find out.

Additionally, I'm picking up so many new items I don't even bother to identify them anymore. You find a new shield/sword/wand every other second, it's too much. Lastly, I've given up on managing the hotbar, as the game has this weird system where it will automatically add things to it, but only the first one. For the rest of them, you need to add things manually. This means that whenever my ranger finds a new special arrow, I need to open the inventory, scroll down to hotbar no. 2 or 3, and add it. *sigh*. Half of this game is inane busywork and inventory management.

And for some reason the game bugged out so one of my shields simply disappeared. Not that it matters, I'll find a better one within half an hour.

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
P.S: The Arena of the One is a pretty nice idea, especially since your choices can pit you against your own companions(although it's unfortunate that you can manipulate them to like you so easily). The music that played during the fight and escape was nice as well.
How do you get to fight against your own companion in Area of the one? As far as I can see you just say 'nevermind' when asked which companion to fight against.

Seethe

Arbiter
How do you get to fight against your own companion in Area of the one? As far as I can see you just say 'nevermind' when asked which companion to fight against.

That is a bug for the town arenas. I am talking about the Divine arena where Godwoken fight against each other.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
WHY CANNOT I GIVE SOUL JARS TO UNDEADS IN THE CASTLE. I HAVE IT IN MY BACKPACK. I CANNOT EVEN MENTION IT.
They asked you to destroy their jars, not to bring them back. Still, I would have expected some dialogue if I carried the jars when talking to them. Just destroy the jars and the quest is closed.

I destroyed the jars in front of them (even though they are a perfect asshole trio) and they reacted to it.

Using more more spoiler tags in the thread could be nice, isn't it ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom