Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Combat has really nice physical feedback. Stacking is working amazingly, compared how botched it is in Grimoire!!

Wow, stacking is working? I need to get it. After all, this is more important than this being real-time popamole with a single character.

At least Cleve is excited:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 16 Sep @ 4:51pm
Vaporum looks good. Interesting setting as well. Wish it had turn-based combat but you can't have everything. I plan to get it. Graphics look comic book which is always good.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Forget Grimoire. Play amazing Vaporum. Reasonable price for a much higher quality game.
:nocountryforshitposters:

c7NJRa2.gif

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
VAPORUM

Steampunk MEGA ATMOSPHERIC dungeon crawler. Built in manual, good sized fonts, fully explained stats, runs on old computers!! LOOKS AMAZING with superb art direction. Sound effects and world atmosphere is top notch. WOW!! Very well recommended!! Combat is excellent. The whole game oozes refreshing creativity!!

Forget Grimoire. Play amazing Vaporum. Reasonable price for a much higher quality game.

Combat has really nice physical feedback. Stacking is working amazingly, compared how botched it is in Grimoire!!

Dumbrock made for those who found managing a party of 4 an impossible mental challenge. Next.

Also, dear developers, enough with stinkpunk already. No, Steam will not feel flattered and promote you better.

Could have been great if more than 10 hours of play and just a couple changes to principles. Coulda been. Meh at $19.95 for ten hours.

treborSux

Arcane
Man that looks like shit. Generic Bioshock/shooter graphics, mixed with grid based movement and (real time action?) Gross

On a nicer note, I dug out my old ass Thinkpad running OS/2 and found this on it. :eek:
20170926_200659.jpg

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Could have been great if more than 10 hours of play and just a couple changes to principles. Coulda been. Meh at $19.95 for ten hours.

If you are looking to waste a few hours, the new season of Channel Zero has begun (in the US). Season ends Oct.25.

You may also like Dimension 404, similar to Black Mirror, but internet focused. On Hulu, season is finished, not sure it will get any more seasons.

Upcoming Anthologies you might be interested in:
Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams - On Amazon, probably mid December.
Misfits & Monsters - Probably early 2018. On TruTV, no idea what outlet that would translate to in Australia.

Some recent finished horror shows that might be of interest: The Strain, Blood Drive, Salem, From Dusk Till Dawn, Penny Dreadful, Hemlock Grove, Helix, Intruders, Do No Harm, 666 Park Avenue, Bedlam, The River, The Fades.

Some possible future Anthology or Horror shows (in development):
Amazing Stories - Keeps being talked about, never happens
Tales From the Dark Side - Ditto
George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards - Entered development hell a year ago, haven't heard much since
Nightflyers - George R.R. Martin sci-fi horror in pilot stage at Syfy
Shock Theater - AMC sci-fi horror anthology done like classic B movies
Underbelly - AMC pop culture horror anthology
Black Rose - CW horror anthology from female perspective
Weaveworld - CW has been working on this for years, but still hasn't happened
Locke & Key - This has been in the works for years, by a variety of channels, Hulu is now working on a pilot, so might happen this time.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

If you are looking to waste a few hours, the new season of Channel Zero has begun (in the US). Season ends Oct.25.

You may also like Dimension 404, similar to Black Mirror, but internet focused. On Hulu, season is finished, not sure it will get any more seasons.

Upcoming Anthologies you might be interested in:
Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams - On Amazon, probably mid December.
Misfits & Monsters - Probably early 2018. On TruTV, no idea what outlet that would translate to in Australia.

Some recent finished horror shows that might be of interest: The Strain, Blood Drive, Salem, From Dusk Till Dawn, Penny Dreadful, Hemlock Grove, Helix, Intruders, Do No Harm, 666 Park Avenue, Bedlam, The River, The Fades.

Some possible future Anthology or Horror shows (in development):
Amazing Stories - Keeps being talked about, never happens
Tales From the Dark Side - Ditto
George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards - Entered development hell a year ago, haven't heard much since
Nightflyers - George R.R. Martin sci-fi horror in pilot stage at Syfy
Shock Theater - AMC sci-fi horror anthology done like classic B movies
Underbelly - AMC pop culture horror anthology
Black Rose - CW horror anthology from female perspective
Weaveworld - CW has been working on this for years, but still hasn't happened
Locke & Key - This has been in the works for years, by a variety of channels, Hulu is now working on a pilot, so might happen this time.

Been watching that Channel Zero! AWESOME! Fortean bizarro macabre. Season Two first episode was literally scaring me in a well lit study while I was programming.

I will check out these others. I will now watch that Dimension 404, wasn't sure what it was about, seen ads for it a few times.

Hollywood still trying to scare people with the Wolfman and the Mummy. This is the new sh*t. Slightly askew fortean realities are very scary done right.

Rick

Erudite
Geez, no posts since Sunday?

Okay, I'll start a potential firestorm ...

According to Steam the overall reviews are 65% positive (277 total), but recent reviews only 43% (16 total).

Discuss.

Rick

Erudite
87% of codexers agree that Rick has never had an original thought get through his 3" thick skull. Not that he would know what to do with it if it got there.

Discuss.

You have no idea how thick my skull is.

However, there's lots of folks up here with exceptionally thin skins when someone dares say something negative about a game, even in jest, and I don't need to invent a fictitious Codexer poll to know it.

Weasel
People daring to be negative about a game? On the Codex? Whatever next.

Anyway, guessing we're in one of those periods where Cleve can't face doing much on the game. The heady days of early August when the draft manual was going to be followed by a fix for the scaling issue seems a long time ago, it's even gone quiet on the quick fix/patch promised last week. Oh well, will check back in a month or two.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Cleve thinks delaying the manual is better than potential criticism of the manual being incomplete in some way. Don't know if that's a good call since most of the newer negative reviews focus on the fact that the manual was promised to get finished back in August.

Tigranes

Arcane
I thought the delay was obviously because in order to publish the already completed manual, Cleve has to change the game to fit the manual description

Grimoire, after all, was foretold exactly by Borges

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grimoire 1.2.0.27-R Update
Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar - GOLDEN ERA GAMES

+Maintenance release prior to 1.2.0.30 accompanied by manual.

* Emergency fix to starting skill sets for newly created characters
* Enchanted Blade spell enables non-magical weapons to hit magical creatures
* Little Rosy toned down a little when recruited into party
* SHOWMAP function in NPC scripts fixed so NPCS can mark maps
* Adjustments made to some learning rates for skills

Mech

Cipher
Never seen a dime from Valve until yesterday. Gabe is dancing around a fire laughing and throwing his cut of the Grimoire profits into the flames.

Yup, just like they said you wouldn't be, as per the payment FAQ.
"When can I expect to be paid every month?
A. We pay out by the 30th of the month following sales. For example, we will pay you for calendar February month sales by March 30th. It may take a few business days for the payment to post to your bank account. In that case, you may see the payment in your bank account during the first few days of April, following the example above."

PrettyDeadman

Sales must not be to great if he's out job hunting.

Zep--
Sales are great, but forces of decline made sure none of the proceeds are going to Cleve (at the moment).
Jokes on them, when he finally recieves his money - it will be enough to fund the second coming of Incline.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom