Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha Released

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Possibly a silly question, but how do you use a detector? I have it attached to my belt, but I don't know how to activate it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Possibly a silly question, but how do you use a detector? I have it attached to my belt, but I don't know how to activate it.

Detectors in Shadow of Chernobyl and Lost Alpha working after attaching to belt. When you do this, new artifacts started poping out on the map.

Perkel

Arcane
So i am downloading S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha...

I guess i found thing to do between now and 30th (DOS)

edit:

Is Lost Alpha true to SoC stuff or it changes main story ? Never completed SoC :/

Ivan

Arcane
If you're already done downloading it you may as well play it. It's unfinished, buggy, it's modders' take on what SoC was meant to be. However, if you want a great SoC playthrough I suggest you wait for Lurk 1.2

Baron Dupek

Arcane
BTW what is going on with this MISERY thing ?
Wasn't that mod for stalker ?

I though you ask for other Kickstarter made by these people who made Misery, it's called Seed and it's released in parts/chapters.
http://mdtseed.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/989416433/the-seed-0

Is Lost Alpha true to SoC stuff or it changes main story ?
Well, the Lost Alpha is something merged tohether from junk cutted out while GSC produced Stalker SoC. Or something like that because there is few megamods in that concept. They're better.
Still waiting for Oblivion Lost Remake...

And by the way - prepare for technical issues. Believe or not, you may never play Lost Alpha again. I played few hours, then come back few days later only to meet crashes. No start at all. And I'm not alone in that matter.

Have you ever heard that Lost Alpha got leaked? Game was released as a 1st April joke by some moron. But best part of it was this:
They got deal with GSC to sell Lost Alpha in Steam and similiar. Yeah, they asked for money for LA. For something worse than Clear Sky (I kid you not) what is this I don't even.

Never completed SoC :/
All you need is ZRP aka Zone Restoration Project. Don't listen to morons who recomend Complete. Or wait for mentioned Lurk.

Perkel

Arcane
yeah i thought something is fishy about "complete" sure it looks better but "teleport" on demand wtf ?

@Excidium

Thanks for mega link i will use that.
i just looked at that "Seed" thing. It doesn't even look remotely to what STALKER is beside comparable setting.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
ok now i know why i didn't finish Stalker.

Gun play and weapons feel weak as fuck. FNV weapons which were weak compared to those in stalker feel like SOF ones to pew pew shooter.

I will drop it for now until LURK will be out. Seems to be fixing this problem

Ivan

Arcane
ok now i know why i didn't finish Stalker.

Gun play and weapons feel weak as fuck. FNV weapons which were weak compared to those in stalker feel like SOF ones to pew pew shooter.

I will drop it for now until LURK will be out. Seems to be fixing this problem

ummmmmmm....Lurk 2 has been cancelled.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
No nreco here, the dezo guys anounced recently they were coming up with a "director's cut" versión of the game with some new encounters, questa and rebalance so this is still ongoing

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Really? Director Cut?
Well ok, I know that LA was (forced) released after leak but still.

Would appreciate bikes here, moto or not. Or something to deal with these big spaces.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah they are planning on adding more life to the bigger maps, quests and new content
Sounds pretty good to me, more Stalker is always welcome

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Bump.

I see this got a Director's Cut edition earlier this year. Is it still hot flaming trash?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wow, I forgot that LA have separate thread, might as well merge with Stalker mods thread.

Bump.

I see this got a Director's Cut edition earlier this year. Is it still hot flaming trash?

Pretty much.
With new features like detectors (with bunch of upgrades options for them), items upgrades and they added youtuber named Boris as a NPC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom