Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Jozoz

Prophet
I never got around to playing this even though I loved the first 2 games.

I'll give this one a try but if it's as you say then I'll be sorely disappointed.

Ivan

Arcane
Yes, even if you ignore all the Ubisoft shit they crammed into it (generic towers and outposts) like I did, you will be severely disappointed. I have no idea how the same people responsible for the first 2 made this. Sure is pretty though, if you got the hardware for it.

Deleted member 7219

Origins was actually quite good and a damn sight better than Knight.

People who rated Knight above Origins deserve a slap across the face.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Origins was actually quite good and a damn sight better than Knight.
While on balance I agree with you, it's kind of apples and oranges. Origins' writing was head and shoulders above Knight's, buuut ... second-to-second gameplay was decidedly inferior. From QTE boss fights to sluggish combat controls (with fewer options), Origins gameplay is the worst in the series.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Everyone will agree that Asylum and City are the best. Although the more prestigious of us hold Asylum above City for its metroidvania roots. I would definitely still wholeheartedly recommend City though.

Plisken

Learned
Stupid writing full of cringeworthy subplots?

Yep, sounds like a comic book alright.

Jozoz

Prophet
The Batmobile sections suck ass what the fuck

At least they're not contrived. It makes sense mostly.

Jozoz

Prophet
The Batmobile was a major selling point of this game. It's funny how it just makes the game worse.

It's 10x more fun to grappling hook your way around the city.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I liked the addition of the Batmobile, added some nice new variety to gameplay.
I didn't like that it's used about 50x as much as it should be.

Ivan

Arcane
dude, the FINAL tank fight is atrociously bad (if you fail, you get that stupid unskippable FAIL STATE cutscene that lasts way too long)

Zombra

Patron
dude, the FINAL tank fight is atrociously bad (if you fail, you get that stupid unskippable FAIL STATE cutscene that lasts way too long)
How could you frickin fail after 800 hours of tank training?
mystery.png

Jozoz

Prophet
Killing tanks with rockets is probably the least Batman-esque thing they could possibly come up with.

Falksi

Arcane
What an absolute bag of wank. A potentially great game decimated by game's constant desire to ram a dull as fuck Batmobile down your throat every minute.

How they've managed to fuck this up so badly when it was built on such a solid foundation (I even really enjoyed Origins), I've no idea.

Only saving grace is the Joker.

It’s WB Montreal not Rocksteady, so I’m curious if they’re going to be able to deliver. Then again Rocksteady couldn’t really deliver with AK, so... meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom