Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

"So much to like. Held back by so many issues. If you are like me and like PB's games you may like it. But for now the AI and various other littles things NEED to be patched.

Also any stutter in the video is I guess youtube. So odd. Its not been doing well with its transcodes. But aside from the drops as I said in mists and random little bits it actually is very smooth." -
ACG

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
In the meantime, while I waiting for Elex, I bought Metro Last Light Redux for 100 rubles lol - there is -75% discount for it for 25 minutes left.
Or you can get bundle for 150 rubles - both Metro 2033Redux and Metro Last Light Redux.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
all that except having a SOUL
ELEX looks like it has a soul only beceause it stole it from some other game.
AV4OV.gif

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

"So much to like. Held back by so many issues. If you are like me and like PB's games you may like it. But for now the AI and various other littles things NEED to be patched.

Also any stutter in the video is I guess youtube. So odd. Its not been doing well with its transcodes. But aside from the drops as I said in mists and random little bits it actually is very smooth." -
ACG

A lot of his problem seem like something that could be patched in.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That review made me actually ELEXited, seems like the basics are good, added some official or later fan patching and we get a really ELEXcent title

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, but if the AI sucks or animations are jerky people will whine about it and sales will suffer.

Similiar with Gothic 3. A fine game but had quite a bit of issues around the release I believe.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

ACG

Soooo typical PB game,definitely worth the money.

ortucis

Prophet
Opened ELEX Steam page:

This game will unlock in approximately 23 hours

It'll be 17'th in 1 hr or so here. So basically, we have to wait for the fucking release cause of Pacific time zone. Wow, just wow.

That wait better be worth it.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
My internet connection is going to cry with the lack of pre-load. Elex is looking great though, maybe there will be a patch for the AI by the time I get to play it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah, but if the AI sucks or animations are jerky people will whine about it and sales will suffer.

Similiar with Gothic 3. A fine game but had quite a bit of issues around the release I believe.

Yeah, just minor issues like almost no one being able to play it reliably until a half decade later. It's easy to think that Gothic 3 is a fine game if you come to it now since it's at least playable due to fan modding / patching. Back when it was released and for many years after it was a miserable shit show.

Got bored and left

Fuck it I am reinstalling Gothic 3 and drowning myself in spiced rum even though it's a work night.

Whyyyyy? Reinstall Gothic 1 or 2 damn it! :argh:

Speaking of which, I haven't played 'em in a while. Hmmm...

ed. I fully approve of the rum, though, do carry on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom