Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There's public urination. I spoke to a smug grinning fool with glasses while he was taking a piss, and as he turned around to face me he kept peeing on me for a brief moment. Thank you, ELEX!

:love:
10/10 realism!

Erikolaiz

Educated
The first companion is fucking retarded,the bastard waits for the monsters to kill me and only then he attacks them and kills them with a hit or two,great fucking ai right there.

Companions are for the weak. The weak should fear the strong. Join the Outlaws.

e96.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
fair enough, you can never know with this place

It would be cool if it was intended behavior though, companions who risk their limb and life for an acquaintance they met 5 seconds ago aren't exactly realistic, unless they are Paladins.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
fair enough, you can never know with this place

It would be cool if it was intended behavior though

real people don't just stand around while there's a monster fight happening right next to them. if they ran and hid maybe but then you'd have to be able to confront them. i.e. it'd be way more work i.e. them standing around is just jank

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The first companion is fucking retarded,the bastard waits for the monsters to kill me and only then he attacks them and kills them with a hit or two,great fucking ai right there.
Works fine for me so maybe it's a glitch on your end. So far he attacked everything that moved near and killed it before I even managed to get close.

dXacF3j.png

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Well my companion bugged out and now it doesn't move at all,it seems that a few reviews pointed this out as well so I have to start again.

Great gaym.

Jinn

Arcane
Getting my shit smashed in on Ultra difficulty. Fucking AWESOME!

It's a joy running around Magalan so far. Feels really nice.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well AI has been a criticism of even the "good" reviews so far Vault Dweller (i.e. the select few that understand what kind of game this is) so it's not a big leap to assume these problems exist

Kahr

WOW First chicken in the tutorial was really kind of hard.
But i learnt my lesson: Don't roll on these.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The jetpack is pretty cool. I was afraid that it's some kinda stupid gimmick that would make combat controls a nightmare but so far it's very easy to use, handy in combat and while exploring.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
yeah it gels pretty naturally into your moveset, almost like in a third person action game kind of way

Last edited:

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Hmm... Such is the might of ELEX, that the achievement

Honorary Citizen

Played 80 hours of Elex

was already unlocked. Elex has revealed my purpose to me.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also seriously, I'm p. amazed how fast the loading times are on quick loads, especially considering how easy it is to kick the bucket. I hope it stays that way and doesn't extend proportionally to savegame bloat or sth.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Haha, hilarious tutorial death. While exploring the the ruins where the clerics got themselves killed, I heard noises of a nearby monster so I ran towards Diego, err Duras. Cutscene dialogue engaged, upon returning to normal time Duras went: "Dich mach ich platt!", took his bow and shot the unsuspecting PC right in the face, cause he stood squarely between him and the monster.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Haha, hilarious tutorial death. While exploring the the ruins where the clerics got themselves killed, I heard noises of a nearby monster so I ran towards Diego, err Duras. Cutscene dialogue engaged, upon returning to normal time Duras went: "Dich mach ich platt!", took his bow and shot the unsuspecting PC right in the face, cause he stood squarely between him and the monster.
See ? And some people whine he won't attack monsters!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom