Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GD Politics Subforum Requires Fair and Balanced Moderation

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well WhiskeyWolf a good deal of inclines and other brofist-type reactions to my post about a group of people wanting to ban the quran I think it's safe to say that rightwingers seem censorship happy as well

I mean, Wilders aside, you only need to examine the Politics' subforum apparent fascination with Putin or Orban to see just how deep their love of liberty runs.

inwoker gave a more balanced view of the situation in another thread

I can't ever get my head around it. We have:
Liberal - pro-Trump, anti-Putin, pro-christian, anti-communist.
Brayko - pro-Putin, pro-Trump, anti-christian?, pro-communist.
Lady Error - pro-Putin, pro-Trump, pro-christian?, anti-communist?.
Commisar Draco - pro-Putin, pro-Trump, pro-christian, anti-communist.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well WhiskeyWolf a good deal of inclines and other brofist-type reactions to my post about a group of people wanting to ban the quran I think it's safe to say that rightwingers seem censorship happy as well

I mean, Wilders aside, you only need to examine the Politics' subforum apparent fascination with Putin or Orban to see just how deep their love of liberty runs.

Oh I completely agree, hence my reaction to Blaine's hypocrisy. The quran example is just a nice, concrete proof.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Fortunately for the West, 60% of everyone are anti all that

Last edited:

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Oh I completely agree, hence my reaction to Blaine's hypocrisy. The quran example is just a nice, concrete proof.

When I see someone saying they want to burn a Quran, I see a certain frustration with how society deals with Islam in open discussion, hence these 'reactionary' positions and venting on the Codex.

Certainly the progressive position is that 99.9% of Muslims are virtuous/peaceful/compatible with our values. I don't know if that is your position but I understand the frustration of those who see that narrative as the only acceptable one in public life, when they know that view does not stand up to scrutiny.

The person in the video below is Muslim.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that if people aren't willing to engage in fact based discussion in public life, the trend will continue. To give more context in public life Blaine's comments are shunned yet and in public life Ayaan Hirsi Ali was rapidly becoming persona non grata (hopefully this is turning around).

People will likely continue to push out to greater extremes. Many possibilities for the future are quite dark, in the current climate.

Last edited:

M. AQVILA

Arcane

Anyone who opposes sjws, globalism, uncontrolled immigration, (post)modernism and the destruction of culture and tradition is worthy of fascination.

Last edited:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape

Brayko is blackpilled. Anti everything.

Grimlorn

Arcane
You guys are all idiots. You could have just made fun of Blaine for being butthurt over LordAzlan's posts, but instead you had to whine about how Politics is an echo chamber and how a conservative mod would unbalance the discussion further.

Yes because a few posters are pro-Putin, I guess that means we're all guilty of being pro-Putin and anti-liberty. Of course I could use the same reasoning that because no one honestly discusses Islamic terrorism they must be pro blowing girls up at concerts and running kids over with trucks.

I don't know how any European can be smug about what Putin has done, when you can look at Europe and see all kinds of crazy shit done by their politicians and leaders. Covering up Muslim crimes, sexual assaults and rapes of kids and women, arresting people for "hate speech" after saying something politically incorrect about Muslims after a terrorist attack. Yeah you're bastions of freedom and liberty.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't believe people should be arrested for hate speech and I don't believe the quran should be banned (though I am extremely anti immigration).

Hence your argument that there are somehow two sides and by taking one we're defending the other is nonsense. But, of course, the natural point of view of any extremist.

Also as a natural consequence, your next post will undoubtedly be some kind of meme about moderates, how nuance is impossible and how by disagreeing with the two first stances I'm actually secretly favouring one of them.

Last edited:

Grimlorn

Arcane
I don't believe people should be arrested for hate speech and I don't believe the quran should be banned (though I am extremely anti immigration).

Hence your argument that there are somehow two sides and by taking one we're defending the other is nonsense. But, of course, the natural point of view of any extremist.

Also as a natural consequence, your next post will undoubtedly be some kind of meme about moderates, how nuance is impossible and how by disagreeing with the two first stances I'm actually in secret favouring one of them.
That wasn't my argument idiot. I was using it as an example of a stupid argument to make. And you got my next post wrong along with missing the "nuance" of it, too.

Lambach

Arcane
I don't believe people should be arrested for hate speech

But they are being arrested for hate speech. On fucking Twitter. And they're being arrested by people who cry about Putin/Orban/etc. being authoritarians, dictators and what have you. You wanna talk about hypocrisy, that's pretty much the apex.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Yes because a few posters are pro-Putin, I guess that means we're all guilty of being pro-Putin and anti-liberty. Of course I could use the same reasoning that because no one honestly discusses Islamic terrorism they must be pro blowing girls up at concerts and running kids over with trucks.

I don't know how any European can be smug about what Putin has done, when you can look at Europe and see all kinds of crazy shit done by their politicians and leaders. Covering up Muslim crimes, sexual assaults and rapes of kids and women, arresting people for "hate speech" after saying something politically incorrect about Muslims after a terrorist attack. Yeah you're bastions of freedom and liberty.

"Only a few of us are actually pro-Putin. Still, Putin is really not so bad when compared to the rest of European leaders..." - is that supposed to reassure me? It's *possible* that edgy right-wingers on the Internet are generally more pro-free-speech than SJWs, but when you look at how the mainstream right behaves wherever it's in power, it's not particularly encouraging.

Anyway, I don't really want to derail this thread any further.

Grimlorn

Arcane

"Only a few of us are actually pro-Putin. Still, Putin is really not so bad when compared to the rest of European leaders..." - is that supposed to reassure me? It's *possible* that edgy right-wingers on the Internet are generally more pro-free-speech than SJWs, but when you look at how the mainstream right behaves wherever it's in power, it's not particularly encouraging.

Anyway, I don't really want to derail this thread any further.
Where did I say Putin wasn't so bad? My point was European and leftwing leaders are bad too and you can't be smug and critical about Putin and Orban without looking like a retard because the entire West is going to shit. This guilt by association fallacy has been taken too far by the left as well, where anyone who has something in common with a bad guy or agrees with a policy means you blindly support everything about that guy and are just as evil as him. It's something the left loves to do so they can label their opponents Nazis to dismiss and discredit them. It also helps them rationalize committing violence against them as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't believe people should be arrested for hate speech

But they are being arrested for hate speech.

People are dying in the middle east as well. How's that relevant in a debate about people's views on censorship?

You wanna talk about hypocrisy, that's pretty much the apex.

Yes, it's much like the hypocrisy of decrying hate speech arrests and wanting to ban the quran. What was your point again?

That wasn't my argument idiot.

What was your argument then?

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MHT4dNA.png

Unorus Janco

https://www.google.dk/search?q=geer...rome..69i57.5160j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'd be happy to moderate the Politics/Religion sub-forum. However, you have to be warned that I absolutely detest repetitive and dead donkey bashing-style memes, hyperbolic agenda spam, proven lies, street corner preaching and ratings harvesting tedious one-liners. I look forward to your unanimous nomination of me as your next P&R despot.

Lambach

Arcane
Yes, it's much like the hypocrisy of decrying hate speech arrests and wanting to ban the quran. What was your point again?

Even if I were advocating the ban on the Quran, which I don't recall doing, equating people being persecuted by the law for mildly upsetting things said on online social networks with banning an item is just being dense on purpose.

Western

Arcane
People can burn all the qurans they want to Western, I am talking about censorship through law

In that case I'd simply say authoritarianism is hardly the sole domain of the right. If you're of the belief the right is authoritarian i'd say that in today's climate free speech advocates are fewer and fewer on the ground in the left, and are being pushed to the centre and the right.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
how can you have read my posts and think i'm making the claim that only the right are pro censorship

you'd have to be as dense as a black hole or just ignore half of the words, it's not possible

Western

Arcane
how can you have read my posts and think i'm making the claim that only the right are pro censorship

you'd have to be as dense as a black hole or just ignore half of the words, it's not possible

"Right-wingers seem pretty censorship happy as well", I'm saying that's false equivalence, the right is overall less censorship happy, anti censorship people are sliding centre and right.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom