Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Remember, it took them several months for what's basically a few still images (obviously ripped from the Leper), a few one frame animations, and that's it. They didn't even fix their strings so character dialogue would be some shit like "shieldbreaker_whinySJWcunt1" instead of what the triggered bitch actually says. Then they charge 4 dollars for what's basically a shitty mod, then if you point this out they say you're a cheap ass because 4 dollars is nothing (ignoring that you're not complaining about the 4 dollars, you're complaining about the trash bag you get in exchange). Those same people in the same thread will then admit they are age 15 or under, meaning they are not buying games with their own goddamned money anyways! Top fucking kek!

And if you point out some shitty quarter complete indie game with DLCs is 49 fucking dollars, about the same as something like Elex which is supposedly actually good, but also story faggotry so I'm not interested... Crickets. They have no response, save censorship.

Meanwhile the people they're trying pathetic SJW poor shaming tactics on are spending thousands on mere experiments, affording games is no problem. But just because you can doesn't mean you should.

And as for 4 Hellions, it's still dominant of course, anyone who claims every class is basically average is a clueless fucking noob, disregard. Anyone who claims it's only a 5 then puts a bunch of garbage over it? Mouth breathing fuckwit, disregard.

Anyways, I just wanna officially declare myself the winner over Derpest, as the Rekt Hook devs are currently embracing Die Versity in Germany while eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream and walking around at night with no situational awareness while virtue signalling on Failbook. They're also officially bundle trash under IGN owned Humble Bundle, virtue signalling about globalist bullshit. TFW you're so desperate for shills you pick a market that doesn't buy your product categorically. Which is why they're on page 15 of the best selling or something.

If you want keks on demand simply post generic anti SJW bullshit on their forums. Pepe avatar acts as a signal boost.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The dev are probably having a time of their life having video games that a commercial success. They don't give a fuck whether people are buying it as bundle trash yada yada, have a community ever ready to defend them at all time. Even having a die hard fans playing their game for 1437 hours.

And here we celerity, feeling his victory over them in a forum where he is considered a joke.

Stay classy celerity :lol: And my advice still stands, get some professional help

You know, I wrapped up a major season of life recently and have been looking for the way forward in a sea of changes. In the midst of uncertainty, political turmoil, friends coming and going, and even my family not being the anchor it once was, I like to look for the constant things in life. It's always encouraging to see that the title character in this ludicrous farce of a thread, the Attention Whore himself, continues to remain. He endlessly and impotently pontificates, flails, and cries against developers who are probably just happy he played so much of their game. Truly, that such constants can remain in our dark times should be an encouragement to us all to hold on just a little bit longer.

And also probably go outside. Maybe see a therapist.

Celerity

What's actually happening is they're mentally broken and potential pursuing actual terrorist actions. But hey, keep telling yourself the cucks are relevant. Let me guess, it's because they're allegedly men but act like women, triggering the whole tranny fetish thing?

Celerity

Oh and speaking of mentally broken. They are so triggered by their reviews getting Rekt Hook they're celebrating the latest SJW tactic that censors negative reviews. And they're still showing 60-70% negative. KEK.

Celerity

http://archive.is/fzXYj

Observe, blatant celebration of censorship in action. Really obvious what Steam's real agenda is. Remember, game developers are the consumer. YOU are the product Steam is selling.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
http://archive.is/fzXYj

Observe, blatant celebration of censorship in action. Really obvious what Steam's real agenda is. Remember, game developers are the consumer. YOU are the product Steam is selling.
Joke's on them, I only ever look at the negative reviews anyway. If there aren't enough detailed negative reviews for me to read between the lines and form an opinion on the game, then it's rather unlikely that I'll buy it.
Used to look up youtube let's plays instead, but I got real tired of "HEY GUYS" "HEYA GUYS" "WHASSUP EVERYBODY" etcetc.

Celerity

Yeah, Youtube was an alternative and then they all became shills. They were already camgirls (even the males) so it wasn't much of a transition.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-presents-the-color-of-madness-dlc/

Darkest Dungeon: The Color of Madness DLC

“With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos…”

-HP Lovecraft

CoM_windmill_announce-862x1368.jpg

Some hateful shard of alien origin has streaked through the night sky, crashing into the old Miller’s farm on the outskirts of the Hamlet! Those unfortunate enough to witness the Comet’s arrival have been blinded by what they can only describe as a shifting, ephemeral hue of damnably abrasive intensity. There has been no word from the farm in a fortnight, save for the unearthly groaning that echoes from the ruin of the mill…

• A New Quest Type: Get lost in time and space as you confront unending waves of enemies, new and old, pushing ever closer to the crash site of the Comet. Survive as long as you can stomach, and compare your highest kill count with friends and rivals alike!
  • A New Enemy Faction: The husks of the Miller and his farmhands roam the area around the windmill, spreading the all-consuming influence of the Comet’s light.
  • Powerful New Trinkets: Visit the Nomad Wagon and spend Comet Shards to purchase trinkets with new and powerful functionality.
The team at Red Hook is thrilled to continue to support Darkest Dungeon with this latest DLC. We’re committed to providing our new and veteran players alike with the very best in all-consuming misery and morbidity. The Color of Madness DLC is planned for a spring release, and pricing information will follow in the new year.

Console Updates:
The Shieldbreaker DLC on PS4 and VITA
We’ve received confirmation from Playstation that our second DLC: The Shieldbreaker will be releasing on Wednesday, December 6th in both NA and EU regions. We pushed a update out a couple weeks back in preparation for the release, and now after some toil on our part to get it through certification, all our Playstation players can enjoy the new class and her slithering nightmares!

Switch: Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker will be available at release!
While we don’t have a solid release window just yet, we do want to share that all currently available DLC (The Crimson Court and The Shieldbreaker) will be available at release on Switch.

We are hard at work getting the Switch version of the game prepped for submission to Nintendo for their certification process. Once we get a build in the certification process we will have a solid idea of our possible release schedule. That being said, we are hoping for sometime early in the new year if all goes well.

What about Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker for iPad?!
Our fantastic porting partner Blitworks has begun working on porting over the DLC to iPad. So far things are looking good and we will have a update from them soon to talk about likely release schedule for that soon!

All the best this holiday season,

-The Red Hook Team

Celerity

You can tell they're desperate by how much they're spamming out low effort DLC on a 50 dollar 20% complete walking simulator. Good. Continue, Rekt Hook.

You can tell how desperate Celerity is by much he/she/it spams out low effort insults for no reason on an endless shitposting spree. Good. Continue, you glorious bastard.

Tigranes

Arcane
What's actually happening is they're mentally broken and potential pursuing actual terrorist actions. But hey, keep telling yourself the cucks are relevant. Let me guess, it's because they're allegedly men but act like women, triggering the whole tranny fetish thing?

Is that you, Rumsfeld?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Podcast interview with Tyler Sigman: https://www.idlethumbs.net/designernotes/episodes/tyler-sigman-part-1

MP3: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/355135229-idlethumbs-designer-notes-33-tyler-sigman-part-1.mp3

November 13, 2017 In this episode, Soren interviews independent game developer Tyler Sigman, best known as the designer of HOARD and Darkest Dungeon. They discuss how his game design career was almost derailed by staplers, how a weird aeronautical engineer is a normal game designer, and why his finished air racing game was never released.

Games discussed: Pirates!, Below the Root, Backgammon, Age of Empires: Age of Kings (DS), Darkest Dungeon, Dragon Age Legends, Battles of Prince of Persia (DS), Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Sonic Rivals, Monster Lab, Sky Pirates of Neo Terra, HOARD, Raid over Bungeling Bay

Second part: https://www.idlethumbs.net/designernotes/episodes/tyler-sigman-part-2

December 7, 2017 In this episode, Soren interviews independent game developer Tyler Sigman, best known as the designer of HOARD and Darkest Dungeon. They discuss how whether it makes sense to hide game data in the age of wikis, if Darkest Dungeon is too punishing or too forgiving, and what happened with the Corpse and the Hound.

Games discussed: NITRO, Darkest Dungeon

DemonKing

Arcane
Bought this on a whim for my Ipad and find it good to waste time on sitting at the side of the pool while my kids have swimming lessons - the narrator is particularly fun - I think the phrase "Back to the pit!" is now permanently etched into my subconscious.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Bought this on a whim for my Ipad and find it good to waste time on sitting at the side of the pool while my kids have swimming lessons - the narrator is particularly fun - I think the phrase "Back to the pit!" is now permanently etched into my subconscious.
I must admit that narrator is the best part of the game.

Celerity

Celerity, if and when you can get this thread up to 50 pages I'll see what I can do about getting you a Shitposter tag.

The correct tag is Executor of Impunity. Impunity being going full retard and nickle and diming for DLC because base game scamming isn't working anymore.

But it's just like a female, trying and failing shaming tactics.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://www.darkestdungeon.com/harvest-moon/

Harvest Moon
redhookjohn March 14, 2018 News Leave a Comment

“When men shake hands with time, time crushes them like tumblers; little pieces of glass.”

― Abu al-Ala al-Ma'arri

We’ve been tight-fisted with tidbits about the upcoming DLC “The Color of Madness” ever since we announced it late last year. During the intervening time we’ve celebrated Christmas, released Darkest Dungeon on Nintendo Switch and XBOX One, plus moved to a new office. Phew! However, throughout it all, we’ve continued to make significant progress on the DLC.

We’re thrilled to at last share some details on what you can expect to find in this upcoming expansion:

“Some blazing malevolence from beyond the stars has crashed upon the Miller’s farm. Lands that have, in past years, yielded rich harvests are now sown with a new and terrifying seed—an unrelenting crystalline consumption that inches outward from the mill with each passing season.”

Top Line Features:

• Wave-Based Survival in a New Environment: The Farmstead!
    • Nonstop action! Fight through endless groups of monsters in an effort to reach the comet’s crash site.
    • Get lost in Time and Space! Some waves will bring you face-to-face with foes from the other core regions of the Estate. (Courtyard and Darkest Dungeon will keep to themselves!)
    • Track your highest kill count, compare with friends and enemies alike!
    • Three new repeatable quests: a novice introduction, a veteran boss-kill, and an endless darkest-level wave-based combat experience.
  • Resupply!
    • Bolster your party with consumables obtained from mysterious new curios between waves of combat.
  • An All-New Enemy Faction
    • The Miller and his loyal workmen have become lifeless husks, consumed by the ever-growing crystalline influence that has spread from the comet across the farm...
  • 2 New Bosses
    • The Miller
    • Thing From the Stars (mini-boss)
  • Twisted New Trinkets
    • Available for purchase from the Jeweler, a new vendor in the Nomad Wagon. Put your gold awayhe trades only in Comet Shards!
  • New tunes!
    • The Farmstead boasts the longest, most involved combat score to date!
  • And a bunch of other...maddening...stuff we’re not ready to share!
We are not ready to announce a firm launch date for The Color of Madness because we want to see how things continue to develop and also leave ourselves a little wiggle room for last minute additions as we see fit. Rest assured, however, that we’re pushing forward at full steam!

The DLC will become available for all platforms on which DD can be found. Timing of releases per platform is still TBD.

Darkest Dungeon: Tablet Edition

We’ve been working with our partner Blitworks on porting the Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker DLC to iPad. We are happy to announce that this Thursday (March 15th), both DLCs will be released as in-app purchases for owners of the iPad version.

The Crimson Court DLC will cost $4.99 and the Shieldbreaker DLC will cost $1.99.

To celebrate the release of the DLC on iOS, we are doing a week long discount sale of the base game. From March 15th till March 22nd Darkest Dungeon will cost $0.99! If you own an iPad, now’s a great time to double-dip!

We are also pushing a new update to bring the DLCs to the Mac App Store as well so you can now purchase Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker DLC on that, too.

That’s all for now - remember to keep you torches bright, and avert your eyes from the stars. Sometimes they stare back at you.

- Red Hook Studios

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Rekt Hook
Actually, Red Hook is doing just fine. Darkest Dungeon continues to sell well on Steam and GoG, they've made one large DLC and one small one, and have another big one coming up this year. They've also continued to support this game and perfect its gameplay balance and GUI.

It is you who got rekt.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom