Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

FeelTheRads

Arcane
lol yeah, now the good old "i have nothing to say, so i'm just gonna say i'm leaving to pretend i won".
So long, retard.

I read your posts. All of them were "but your arguments are not good cuz it didn't happen to me". Where did I hear that before? Oh yeah, there's that "this bug doesn't exist because it didn't happen to me".
And then you cry that there are no arguments?

What exactly do you want? You obviously know you're right, you know everything about DRM so why ask for arguments against your rightness? Just say "you're wrong, I'm right".
But sorry if just herpding derping some "but muuuh aryugments???" doesn't instantly just make people ask for your forgiveness and accept your words as the truth.

P.S. Also, sorry ratings make you so butthurt.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We don't have to justify why we don't like DRM. It's the other way around, companies have to justify why they include DRM in their products.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Calling it now.

Games will be installed with a mandatory bitcoin miner, not for piracy reason, but, you know, it's the only way to make a living these days.

T. Reich

Arcane
Some shovelware/malware already does that, just covertly.

Given that most modern games already qualify for being identified as such anyway, shoehorning mining software into them is but a small step.

...Inb4 websites start doing that instead of relying on ad revenue. I wonder if it's technically possible.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Some shovelware/malware already does that, just covertly.

Given that most modern games already qualify for being identified as such anyway, shoehorning mining software into them is but a small step.

...Inb4 websites start doing that instead of relying on ad revenue. I wonder if it's technically possible.
Well, some add serving service placed bit coin miner into adds on our favorite pirate site. Piratebay had bitcoin miner when you used wrong browser. Just you wait when your cell phone, or tablet would have a bit coin miner, it wont waste your battery, it's active during overnight charging...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
When you get the better version!
tumblr_m7isvt2N171ranhnao1_500.gif

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
It appears...
According to reports...
a lot of reports suggest...

Are those the same reports that claimed Denuvo destroys your SSD and obscenely burdens your CPU?

According to reports Putin hacked the elections, is now running White House and jizzed in your soup.

Dear cvv,

Why are you supporting anti-consumer practices?
Weren't you the one who wanted to join ISIS?
Ask him personally before beheading. ;)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
There was a version of Denuvo that destroyed SSD, it was removed in update withing half month. A known cracker run analysis and said what he found. If people wanna reliable data, nothing prevents them to run in spare time a game, do benchmark. Keep reliable CPU time analysis until someone force publisher to remove DRM, and then run the exactly same tests on the same version of the program. The only case I know where exactly the same version of program was used in comparison was infamous Witcher I release.

So both cases provably happened, but because the game was released with n-core 3.5GHz minimal requirment, not with n-core 1.5 GHz (or n/2 - core 3.5GHz) minimal requirement that would be likely doable without DRM, end user could play game with DRM that used 40 percent of CPU time.

Actually I remember cvv talking about vegetarianism or something like that. Remember people when you are eating bakery in czech republic or western countries, you are likely eating larva of various bugs.

I'm always imagining the connection to Denuvo servers would be interrupted by some weird EU law, and before they would be able to change it, there would be half year of massive butthurt of all paying users.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dear cvv,

See, that's what they call sheep mentality. Ya'll are so brainwashed and steeped in your virtue signalling you can't see I'm not supporting Denuvo or DRM or any of that shit, even after a 3 page long drama ITT. I don't give a fuck about Denuvo.

But whenever I see a river of bullshit and I can't help but remark it fucking stinks. It's just who I am.

It's like with Trump. I actually don't give a shit about that dunce. But when I see all that bullshit that journalists, actors, intellektuals and other luminaries are spewing about him and the Russians I can't help but argue with an entire bar full of my brainwashed friends who believe all this shit.

Ya'll bullshitting yourself and each other. One huge poseur "anti-DRM" circlejerk. Muh coproations and their anti-konsumer practicez. Lol.

There was a version of Denuvo that destroyed SSD, it was removed in update withing half month. A known cracker run analysis and said what he found.

:lol:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Czech Republic is not in the west Europa.
I said czech republic or western countries.

(Oasis even when you are not eating bakeries, and merely eating stuff they are making, you still get a lot of unintended meat...)
Yes it was a typo, but I remembered an article which said "a typical person living in first world countries eats about pound of larva and eggs of insects per year, as part of his bread and other baked food". Or was it half pound?

Last edited:

Drax

Arcane
Dear cvv,

See, that's what they call sheep mentality. Ya'll are so brainwashed and steeped in your virtue signalling you can't see I'm not supporting Denuvo or DRM or any of that shit, even after a 3 page long drama ITT. I don't give a fuck about Denuvo.

But whenever I see a river of bullshit and I can't help but remark it fucking stinks. It's just who I am.

It's like with Trump. I actually don't give a shit about that dunce. But when I see all that bullshit that journalists, actors, intellektuals and other luminaries are spewing about him and the Russians I can't help but argue with an entire bar full of my brainwashed friends who believe all this shit.

Ya'll bullshitting yourself and each other. One huge poseur "anti-DRM" circlejerk. Muh coproations and their anti-konsumer practicez. Lol.

There was a version of Denuvo that destroyed SSD, it was removed in update withing half month. A known cracker run analysis and said what he found.

Why do you like DRM so much, stop supporting denuvo man!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually I heard some people love to support Africa immigration, they are talking about immigrants as about something great, while they are trying discredit theirs own poor, pensioners, and unemployed. Perhaps he thinks he's doing is as a rebel stuff.
Or perhaps stuff like this somehow connected: Rich are paying for SW - poor don't. They are saying DRM don't affect rich, it affects poor. Thus supporting DRM...

I remember what a person who paid for games 15 years ago was saying. A lot of young people needs to experience being screwed up by DRM to understand why DRM is bad.

valcik

Arcane
Muh coproations and their anti-konsumer practicez. Lol.
What else it is? When you pay for DRM protected software you don't pay for your own security, your payment doesn't protect your own property at all. The code you've paid for is protecting the developer's/publisher's property, they've basically build their own wall in order to secure their investment and made you pay for the wall.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Actually I heard some people love to support Africa immigration, they are talking about immigrants as about something great, while they are trying discredit theirs own poor, pensioners, and unemployed. Perhaps he thinks he's doing is as a rebel stuff.
Or perhaps stuff like this somehow connected: Rich are paying for SW - poor don't. They are saying DRM don't affect rich, it affects poor. Thus supporting DRM...

I remember what a person who paid for games 15 years ago was saying. A lot of young people needs to experience being screwed up by DRM to understand why DRM is bad.
Well as a poor fuck DRM did affect me. I learned to use the internet better and using my PC as a whole. Also i learned that you can ride a yacht on the internet.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Well yeah, but, but, but that's OK because being against it makes cvv upset. And he's going to leave this thread forever, again.

Yes, because it's a cracker it must not be true. Because if it was, surely Denuvo would have made it public. You absolutely can truest companies. 100%. They want all the best for you, which is why you should accept DRM, having 0 rights as a consumer and not owning what you buy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Get proper job and buy DRM free software from gog.com fantadomat you punk!
I always thought that fucking you mom when your dad is working is a nice job,it seems not...:mixedemotions:.
On the second front i do buy gog games,just not every game i like or play. Also i do try to buy the new games on release to support the devs,when i can that is. Won't buy any bioware game because everything is going to EA and bunch of blue haired soyboys kuks.

valcik

Arcane
Unemployed poor gypsy fuck haunted by necrophiliac sexual phantasies? Hm..

:updatedmytxt:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
A Dutch digital security company Irdeto acquires Denuvo: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...bid-to-beef-up-security-in-the-games-industry

Irdeto acquires Denuvo in bid to beef up security for the games industry
"The success of any game title is dependent upon the ability of the title to operate as the publisher intended," says Irdeto CEO

Top gaming security firm Denuvo has been acquired by software giant Irdeto as part of a deal provide anti-piracy and and anti-cheat solutions for PC, mobile, console, and VR devices.

Denuvo provides technology and services for game publishers and platforms, with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., and Lionsgate Entertainment among its current list of clients.

With the global gaming market estimated to be worth $128.5 billion by 2020, the new deal looks to halt the proliferation of cheating that will accompany such vast growth in the industry. Such problems are evidenced by PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds which has been plagued by cheating following its rise to market dominance.

"The success of any game title is dependent upon the ability of the title to operate as the publisher intended," said Doug Lowther, CEO, Irdeto. "As a result, protection of both the game itself and the gaming experience for end users is critical. Our partnership brings together decades of security expertise under one roof to better address new and evolving security threats."

Denuvo's anti-tamper technology prevents hackers from copying and reverse engineering games to redistribute the content, using Irdeto's experience and resources to bolster its own technology.

In particular, Devuno is turning its attention to protecting the virtual in-game economies of online multiplayer titles. Denuvo's anti-cheat technology prevents hackers in multiplayer games from manipulating and distorting data and code to gain an advantage over other players or bypass in-game microtransactions.

"Hackers and cybercriminals in the gaming space are savvy, and always have been," said Reinhard Blaukovitsch, managing director of Denuvo, Irdeto. "It is critical to implement robust security strategies to combat the latest gaming threats and protect the investment in games. Much like the movie industry, it's the only way to ensure that great games continue to get made.

"In joining with Irdeto, we are bringing together a unique combination of security expertise, technology and enhanced piracy services to aggressively address security challenges that customers and gamers face from hackers."

So somehow they've been successfully protected recent game including AssCreed: Origins for months. Well, until few days ago, Sanic Furs' DRM circumvented. But I guess that months of protection served their purpose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom