Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Modest Fundraiser Proposal

Should Codex Hold a Fundraiser to Buy Felipepepe A Gaming Laptop?

• Yes, he is a true Mensch

• No, he hurt Tim Schafer's feelings

Results are only viewable after voting.

slowtard

Educated
Slowtard would like to suggest that the Codex band together to accomplish something for to benefit one of its members, who doesn't know about this idea.

It would benefit this individual member, of course, but you could argue it's in the interest of the Codex generally.

The thing is, Mr. Pepe needs a gaming laptop. We all know about his book, but how's he supposed to do the best possible job on the book when he can't play some of the games the book is about? Huh? Answer me that.

Slowtard would add, also, that Mr. Pepe *deserves* a gaming laptop. He could have set up a Gofundme or Patreon to try to make income from what he is doing, but he hasn't. It's unusual these days for people not to ask for financial help toward their web-based hobby projects. Mr. Pepe is one of the good ones, but he has a crappy computer.

We can fix that!

slowtard

Educated
Desktops are more cost-effective, but Mr. Pepe is apparently some sort of peasant who moves around a lot. Which reminds me, we would have to do something to the laptop to make it hard for him to resell it, so he can't try to trade it for food and shelter. Ideas?

And, Mr. Goat, we prefer to be called "slowtarded." Wasn't tarded in any wise before this, so there's nothing "re-" about it.

:notsureifserious:

Incomplete book is already available for free online, so commercial prospects not looking too bright.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
If felipepepe released his book I'm sure sales alone would fund a new laptop.
51QgwSq4MOL.jpg

Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected
Communist Cuck :ehue: should ask his Kolhoz about getting a shared model.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'd rather chip in to get him an extra square meter or two in his living space, last time I heard he's living in a flat so tiny there isn't even room for the roaches.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Instead of relying on other people due to your lack of fiscal responsibility why don't you get a job and fucking buy your shit.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Sup' Felipe Pepe, why are you using your slowtard nick?

But seriously, where has this idea come from? Who are you to him?

slowtard

Educated
I need a decent computer too, but no one organized a fundraiser for me :negative:

Just put together a large book anything that people like and they might want to do something nice for you. Slowtard is not involved in book project, but it might work better to present this idea to book project people. Not sure who "people" are.

I have more than 10 charities that do actual good work I care about begging for money this time of year. No way am I going to give money to a leftist bum to buy a luxury product.

Even Slowtard understand the difference between charity and patronage. Do you apply altruistic logic to all expenditures? Very doubtful.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Even if I felt charitable - which I do not - I would still not get someone a 'gaming laptop' which is a luxury one has to earn. He can play old RPGs and write on any old toaster.
Just cut the moderntard games, not much is lost.

Gary Indiana

Cipher
Wasn't there like a quadriplegic game designer on here a few years back begging for a gaming laptop to finish his magnum opus? How did that turn out, I forget?

Mortmal

Arcane
Even if I felt charitable - which I do not - I would still not get someone a 'gaming laptop' which is a luxury one has to earn. He can play old RPGs and write on any old toaster.
Just cut the moderntard games, not much is lost.
Yeah he just have to write the neutral positive review of pillar of inanity 2, he needs to earn the cash.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I take it this is the famous SJW tactic where they make alts and do stupid shit like begging,giving positive and negative ratings or attack themself to look like a victim. hey pepe couldn't you just ask people to subscribe to your patreon? It would have had the same effect,but it would't have been that sad.

The answer to the question is no! For liberals only lead!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Every time I donate money to something it either becomes underwhelming or turns into a disaster.

The last time I donated money was to Bernie Sanders. About $250.

I await your insults.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Ok, what the fuck is going on here?

The man in question, felipepepe, has had nothing to say in this thread, as far as we know - although an alt is a possibility.

Is it a troll post? Is it genuine friendship and brotherly love? Is it a gay stalker?

Tim Shafer never gave a fuck about some nerd with tappy fingers. Nobody with a brain really does. Einstein said something about ignoring...

The binary poll option is especially irritating, for me. The negative choice has AIDS, fuck you for your NO qualifier.

Overall, OP, climb back into your father's warm colon, you need to be reborn. Let felipepepe ask us for help, or he can fuck off too.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I suggest we raise funds to buy felipepepe this fraud a hotdog stand so he can make money with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom