Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Is there a mod for Call of Pripyat that keeps the story, but increases the difficulty and isn't a buggy slog to play through like Misery? Call of Misery and Last Day seem more open ended, and I don't really like sand box games.

Earlier versions of misery? Less item bloat at least. Custom SGM game? I mean SGM with alpha teams enabled is pretty damn hard, they are hardcore terminators.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That or Redux, where enemies drop one bullet (compared to Misery mods where they drop 3-10) while everything else stay almost the same like vanilla...
At least Misery 1.2 is not bloated with new trash, damage system and else, it's just vanilla with cuts.
Or you might try I Work Alone. http://www.moddb.com/mods/i-work-alone

edit
checked some Last Day screenshots and
screen_02_ui.png

noice, that's the crafting feature I would use, not that piece of shit from Misery 2.2

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So this Echo of Misery, does it require you to own one of the Stalker games?
I only own CoP, don't plan to buy anymore for now.
Also from what I understand, CoP is running on improved engine than first Stalker.
Is this Echo of Misery based on that engine or what?

So for someone looking for a more realistic FPS (where you die or kill with one shot to the head unless you wear a good helmet), which one of these mods would you recommend?

I don't want an FPS where difficulty comes from bullet sponge enemies.

Enemies are not bulletsponges here, no worries. Headshots helps with saving ammunition tho.
EoM engine is heavily updated and based on Call of Chernobyl engine, which is already updated version of CoP engine. Mostly cleaning in code, support for more than 1 CPU core and 3GB RAM.
EoM and Call of Misery are standalone project, you can grab packages that does not need Call of Chernobyl.
Nothing require Call of Pripyat.

I would recommend Last Day for the start.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-last-day/downloads/last-day-1-3
some people say there is far less bullshit situations (ie. deaths) than Misery.
So there is a standalone Call of Misery pack? I thought I had to do a stand-alone Call of Pripyat install, add Call of Chernobyl and then Call of Misery but this sounds very good let me check ot out

Dayyālu

Arcane
Thanks for the retarded rating, anvi . Next time bother to reply the question is someone isn't willing to read a 90+ pages thread?

Thanks.
Wat. I labelled it retadred cuz it sounded retarded, guessing that is partly a second language issue. But wanting to play Stalker while "looking for something relaxing" is pretty retadred in any language.

Any stalker installment was always a tense and exhausting game.

Ok, you are all retards and your opinion can be safely discared then. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the basic of gaming is to relax. But I guess your elite gaming skillz can't help you even to reply to a simple question (what's a good baseline SoC Mod). Keep on, elite gamers that play only "tense and difficult games".

:roll::roll::roll:

I swear, sometimes the Codex....

Thanks for the other posters, at least they game me an idea to what to look for.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Thanks for the retarded rating, anvi . Next time bother to reply the question is someone isn't willing to read a 90+ pages thread?

Thanks.
Wat. I labelled it retadred cuz it sounded retarded, guessing that is partly a second language issue. But wanting to play Stalker while "looking for something relaxing" is pretty retadred in any language.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the basic of gaming is to relax.

People repeatedly told you in this thread that this is not a relaxing game, and AFAIK there's no relaxing mod for it.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Is there a mod for Call of Pripyat that keeps the story, but increases the difficulty and isn't a buggy slog to play through like Misery? Call of Misery and Last Day seem more open ended, and I don't really like sand box games.

Misery 1.2

done and done

I explicitly said not misery though. Is misery the only mod for CoP that doesn't turn it into an aimless sandbox or something?

Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected

Thanks.

Ok, you are all retards and your opinion can be safely discared then. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the basic of gaming is to relax. But I guess your elite gaming skillz can't help you even to reply to a simple question (what's a good baseline SoC Mod). Keep on, elite gamers that play only "tense and difficult games".

:roll::roll::roll:

I swear, sometimes the Codex....

Thanks for the other posters, at least they game me an idea to what to look for.
BAWWW.jpg

LA DC 1.4005 does improve a bit with the weapon pack and gameplay addon. I'd say its even mandatory. Still not enough grenade spam from NPC and shit content at times.
Spoilers:
But connected Agroprom and its underground without a loading screen is nice. Though 3 burers instead of bloodsucker and controller are lame. The extended dungeon is great but completely empty... It does work as an empty set piece for pure discovery but would be better with something to spice it up.
Soldier AI is better, they see you now much better while leaning. Still not as good as OGSE but much better than 1.4004. Spent an evening killing the soldiers at Agroprom in different ways.
I think one can even stop larping Misery to a degree to prolong economy and pick up guns of dead enemies (because they dont seem to carry lategame guns yet) but one should not go out of his way to kill NPCs for gear.

Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected
I also discovered by chance that anomalies actually produce artifacts ingame...
After having played through Shoc and CoP...
Mission in LA DC was to clear dogs out. Bunch of them landed in vortexes and voila, 2 artifacts born. I wtf'ed, reloaded and lured them in and there seems to be a random spawn chance if you lead enemies inside.
Does this happen in vanilla?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
No, I think the artifact creation mechanic was introduced in CoP. In SoC it was a set amount, but artifacts were found in anomolies or near them at certain times. They just didn't randomly spawn.
Maybe Clear Sky did something similar, but idk. I hardly played it.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I also discovered by chance that anomalies actually produce artifacts ingame...
After having played through Shoc and CoP...
Mission in LA DC was to clear dogs out. Bunch of them landed in vortexes and voila, 2 artifacts born. I wtf'ed, reloaded and lured them in and there seems to be a random spawn chance if you lead enemies inside.
Does this happen in vanilla?
No, although the lore in SoC states that some anomalies create artefacts from organic matter, it doesn't actually happen in the vanilla game. In CoP anomalies may spawn artefacts after an emission. Luring enemies in to an anomaly can be very satisfying though, sitting on top of the Oakpine in Zaton is an excellent spot for some retadred AI abuse.

Dayyālu said:
Ok, you are all retards and your opinion can be safely discared then. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the basic of gaming is to relax.
Well to be fair, a horror survival game that heavily uses jump scares can hardly be described as "relaxing". That doesn't necessarily mean it can't be played to relax, i.e. get your mind off your work or doing something fun in your free time.

Play Stalker complete for SoC or just play CoP vanilla.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ok, yadda yadda yadda
I never finished the original SoC and never touched the other games in the series. I need something relaxing. What's the best selection of mods for SoC?
Then Complete Mod is the perfect choice. Enemies are dumbed down, carry weight limit increased, bandages heal up... everyone recommend it for the first playthrough, they can't be wrong eh?

Now with less snarky tone - game can be relaxin as long as you can aim, use a bit of common sense and have average reaction time (don't mind people itt, they consumed too much Stalker memes, you play games in your own way, for example - I play to satiate my hoarding addiction).
With that you can pick something like AMK Autumn edition (and any mod that took inspiration/resources from AMK).
Mind you - these mods (except Complete mod) does not contain bulletspongy enemies (and player).

But seriously - most STALKER mods can be finished with any AK gun if you provide enough ammunition, plus a pack of medkits and bandages.

From other mods that stick with vanilla storyline - OGSE 0692 (don't pick 0693, it's for veterans) and Amnesia.
Rest of the mods is a mess, trash or suited for veterans.
If you want to play Solyanka mods - only NS2016 is playable, rest is insane and difficult to absurd level.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
It truly guess it's a matter of language: after trying the baseline (it's dreadful, who would have guessed) and followed your advice before even reading it:

Now with less snarky tone - game can be relaxin as long as you can aim, use a bit of common sense and have average reaction time (don't mind people itt, they consumed too much Stalker memes, you play games in your own way, for example - I play to satiate my hoarding addiction).
With that you can pick something like AMK Autumn edition (and any mod that took inspiration/resources from AMK).
Mind you - these mods (except Complete mod) does not contain bulletspongy enemies (and player).

I got some cranked AMK version from my national community and started playing it on Master. Seriously, I played Arma for almost a decade, bullet sponge enemies are not amusing.

Well to be fair, a horror survival game that heavily uses jump scares can hardly be described as "relaxing". That doesn't necessarily mean it can't be played to relax, i.e. get your mind off your work or doing something fun in your free time.

Play Stalker complete for SoC or just play CoP vanilla.

I'm seriously starting to wonder what kind of dreadfully boring lifes people live if they don't understand that games, even supposedly "ELITE SCARY MASTER EXPERIENCES" like Stalker, are an amusing romp at best. It's like I triggered people by asking "hey, how to get a stable and fun experience"

"NO U CANT HAVE FUN WERE PROFESSIONALS HERE"

Baron Dupek

Arcane
In Stalkers only Labs are filled with scary paranormal stuff. Other than that - there is not much of scary stuff if you don't count surprise attacks by mutants or bloodsuckers turning off their invisibility cloaks when they jump at you.
Some mods make them silent, which make the surprise even stronger.

Forgot to mention other mod - Lurk 1.2, less bullet sponges, toned graphic and more guns.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Dayyālu said:
I'm seriously starting to wonder what kind of dreadfully boring lifes people live if they don't understand that games, even supposedly "ELITE SCARY MASTER EXPERIENCES" like Stalker, are an amusing romp at best. It's like I triggered people by asking "hey, how to get a stable and fun experience"

"NO U CANT HAVE FUN WERE PROFESSIONALS HERE"
No, not quite. nobody in this thread made these statements or even implied it. You come off rather hysterical, did you take over Dayyālu's account? I liked the old Dayyālu better, you know, the one that made an excellent Rule the Waves let's play.

Dayyālu

Arcane
No, not quite. nobody in this thread made these statements or even implied it. You come off rather hysterical, did you take over Dayyālu's account? I liked the old Dayyālu better, you know, the one that made an excellent Rule the Waves let's play.

Being labelled as retarded because I dared to ask in the Stalker mod thread about Stalker mods, only because my choice of language triggered someone is rather off putting, you know. MotherMachinae replied properly and kindly, dumb and useless replies are worthy to be called so.

I will be careful about my language here then, god forbid we play games for fun or something. Whatever.

Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected
some la pics
gnome lost a knife fight, stumbling away to die
y4NSmQf.jpg

nimble is fucking ghosting through anomalies
6skbt8R.jpg

ws4K3M3.jpg

En5DL7z.jpg

this is dumb, killing 7 poltergeist as your second fight... or something
RXuZI1B.jpg

ratty
33HPhkj.jpg

army dudes just drop dead when psi storms approach... xD
vFneefp.jpg

chill, i need you clothes
7wsX7qL.jpg

i though i was on drugs, wind moves trees in lost alpha, even if they are on the floor...
these 2 pics, i havent moved my mouse, teh fucking roots are moving, it feels like you are drunk
Rs6FUGQ.jpg

ZqhQ2wE.jpg

retarded bloodsucker, he is rubberbanded to a place too, so he never follows you too far
yXRUdsi.jpg

good looking shit, i wish i could afford 4x msaa
TCOHJKD.jpg

though water sometimes is too blue
I5tF9Ft.jpg

very nice moment in lost alpha, was just runnig back to rook village, saw small distortion in air above grass, no anomaly, searched and found an art
0zidFyG.jpg

good morning
CQB4CAl.jpg

you can see the mines, stole case from army in complete darkness without knowing the LA layout, only the vanilla one =D
YMJGewY.jpg

was orienting myself by looking at the sky and going towards trees and bushes which you see against the sky
YSlJ4Ut.jpg

gfx
3dXoShN.jpg

retarded ai, if you shoot them, they dont shoot back, its that viewport problem in stalker, they shoot you only if they see your chest
m9NgJAd.jpg

idiotic quest drops endgame gun on you...... i through it away
BHwfAww.jpg

retarded, blockpost to bar has an immortal duty soldier...
NlVfPIx.jpg

spooky quest, kliing zombies in irradiated vehicle graveyard, i was there by night, surrounded by moaning zombies and radiation is fun if you can see 5 meters far
CV6FEV6.jpg

moar spooky nights
RWoIkup.jpg

now agroprom second wave specops actually attack mole and friend xD, you have to kill them or they put him donw
IV8papY.jpg

dont konw if bug or not, dude is scaling hte ladder!!
thmM3KE.jpg

and this one sees enemies underground...
UvYSTjr.jpg

spoiler, agroprom undergound
Uv0cJ7A.jpg

ED1Finq.jpg

double barrle
ufBvOcq.jpg

burer clipping through door
e2YrScw.jpg

slav squat
hUMEyAZ.jpg

gfx
pfhSbNV.jpg

lake at agroprom looks like utter trash... why?
4VH9Sr5.jpg

gfx
JXVKmPn.jpg

MJ34Vzi.jpg

hidden art
YjbVktJ.jpg

retarded ai playing sitting duck
bf4uIJ2.jpg

light gfx
93w6toF.jpg

PNnAEQj.jpg

pwwMiQO.jpg

modder priorities................................
TlqM0BK.jpg

stalker is an RPG
40Xex3Z.jpg

invisible walls prevent explorashun
8aGIcVa.jpg

fucking retarded rubberbanding........
gfGIi4W.jpg

climbed wiring, game doesnt evne acknowledge, with an ammo box or something... sad
gyQWdxI.jpg

gear balance is still whak, first time i see a bizon and it is completely and utterly pointless
HAl3uTd.jpg

random loner carries a 6k art, must not kill kill kill.........................
sZ4S5vH.jpg

i would not sleep here....
wH8ddqI.jpg

stark morning light
qCru47F.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
People for years considered STALKER as an FPS+RPG hybrid yet the only RPG elements were introduced in LA DC edition.
I saw changelog and there was "Sin faction quests are now optional" which means there will be less running around the empty maps...

You know what's funny? People recommend Complete mods, Stalker veterans bash that crap because it make gameplay too easy with their changes.
But I always forget to mention most important problem with Complete mods.

They keep bulletspongy enemies.

Funny, isn't it? Make gameplay easy except this tiny part. Heh...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
People for years considered STALKER as an FPS+RPG hybrid yet the only RPG elements were introduced in LA DC edition.

I'd argue STALKER has character progression via gear. You usually become a walking tank by the end of every STALKER game and mod, even on the highest difficulty settings.

SGM also had those skill books that improved your damage with groups of firearms, they were rewards from side quests. Pretty fun mechanic, though it made many of the unique firearms even more overpowered than they already were.

Hines

Savant
I've been playing through Shadow of Chernobyl with the AMK 1.4 mod and LURK animations on master difficultly and I'm having an absolute blast. The a-life simulation is limited, but it's worth experiencing at least once. Watching NPCs wander around and loot dead corpses, fight packs of dogs, and get torn apart by anomalies never gets old. I always feel so guilty killing rogue traders for Sidorovich, especially when they're sitting at a campfire, trading stories and enjoying music, but the Dark Valley is going to be dangerous, so I need as many resources as possible!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom