Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Hines

Savant
Isnt AMK just a gunz mod?
What does it do well?

so I need as many resources as possible!
no you dont...
No. It adds tons of features. http://www.amk-team.ru/forum/topic/480-amk-mod-general-info/

Yes, I do need many, or more accurately, the best resources possible because I'm getting my ass kicked. Crossing the last outpost in Cordon to Garbage was fucking brutal. Not only are there random anomalies to deal with, which limits where you can go on the map, even after finding some relatively decent weapons and armor, I died nearly a dozen times on master, because it only takes one or two shots to take me out. I had to clear out the army assholes guarding the bridge to stand a chance.

Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected
You obviously just suck.
This works in all the mods I tried. AAurora2 chucks so many grenades at you taht you have to move but you move and then repeat QE trashoes.
3nDe2gI.png

Hines

Savant
xipenec, please understand, I'm not interested in hearing about your exploits in AAurora2. :cool:

ciox

Liturgist
I've been playing through Shadow of Chernobyl with the AMK 1.4 mod and LURK animations on master difficultly and I'm having an absolute blast. The a-life simulation is limited, but it's worth experiencing at least once. Watching NPCs wander around and loot dead corpses, fight packs of dogs, and get torn apart by anomalies never gets old. I always feel so guilty killing rogue traders for Sidorovich, especially when they're sitting at a campfire, trading stories and enjoying music, but the Dark Valley is going to be dangerous, so I need as many resources as possible!
AMK 1.4 seems to have lost popularity but to me it's still the best mod I've ever played and I don't see many contenders. What do the LURK animations do?

Hines

Savant
I've been playing through Shadow of Chernobyl with the AMK 1.4 mod and LURK animations on master difficultly and I'm having an absolute blast. The a-life simulation is limited, but it's worth experiencing at least once. Watching NPCs wander around and loot dead corpses, fight packs of dogs, and get torn apart by anomalies never gets old. I always feel so guilty killing rogue traders for Sidorovich, especially when they're sitting at a campfire, trading stories and enjoying music, but the Dark Valley is going to be dangerous, so I need as many resources as possible!
AMK 1.4 seems to have lost popularity but to me it's still the best mod I've ever played and I don't see many contenders. What do the LURK animations do?
I agree! Now it's even rather tricky to find AMK 1.4 as a standalone download, without it being coupled some unwanted extra textures or feature overhauls. I had to use a nearly decade old mod compilation to install it, which is quite a shame.

The L.U.R.K. animations adds a number of subtle idle animations, makes all weapons equipped via the shoulder holster, addresses the clipping issues present in the base game, adds some light inertia, while feeling consistent with the original tone of SoC. It's the only part of the L.U.R.K. that I really like, as it doesn't change the fundamental gameplay experience.

ciox

Liturgist
Cool, I might use those in another AMK replay, since I've been trying to get into one of these megamods for a while but it seems really awkward to deal with bad translation and giant downloads even now, although the main problem is that you rarely even know what's in them, like if your favorite alpha/beta/cs/cop levels were included or not.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Decade old? There is already new version
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition
AutumnA2 + AMK, and it's playable with not much bullshit in. Also - better guns.

edit - oh, they bring new patched last month, how nice
Changelog mention new feature - you can put any weapon in sidearm slot, which give you something like CoP/CoCh in that department.
Neat, but it's not like pistols were garbage in AMK Autumn, they can pack a punch so dual Beretta build is valid.

ciox

Liturgist
Sounds good but I'm not sure if there's that many new things in AMK 1.4.1 which is apparently what's in there combined with autumn graphics, will have to see.

About sidearm slot, you could already put shotguns there in the old AMK from the 2000s, even a SPAS.

Ivan

Arcane
Thinking about trying out Call of Chernobyl but fear without any real objective I feel like it's just dicking around. Is there something to add more direction to the experience? Or is that the whole point of the mod, to just be?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It's up to you to have any activity. Like - try to dominate the Zone with your faction (Monolith rlz) collect all artifacts, make mutant hunts, explore further parts of the Zone...
Or play numerous versions of Call of Misery (like Last Day) and struggle with money and poverity.

Ivan

Arcane
itching to replay STALKER after I tired out Call of Chernobyl and found the lack objectives deflating. I've done Oblivion Lost, Lurk, Aurora, probably some of the other classics. Is there anything else that's new and hawt?

If not I was thinking of doing Autumn AMK

Baron Dupek

Arcane
itching to replay STALKER after I tired out Call of Chernobyl and found the lack objectives deflating. I've done Oblivion Lost, Lurk, Aurora, probably some of the other classics. Is there anything else that's new and hawt?

Golden Ball is the best for 2017
Narodnaya Solyanka 2016 for earlier year
Maybe New Arsenal 4.4, Secret Path, Dark Brotherhood.... or go for NLC 7.0 if you have patience and balls.

mbv123

Arbiter
Replaying SoC after last playing it years and years ago (even before CoP came out) came out and holy fuck, it's aged like wine. Just did the Yantar/X-16 mission and now I'm just going to take some time and do bunch of side quests before I tackle the Scorcher.
Anyway, as I was walking back to bar, I noticed 3 bandits sitting in a campfire at Wild Territory, playing guitar and telling dirty jokes. I almost felt sorry for them before I blew their brains out cause they're people like me - just trying to survive.
Also, can I safely stash my equipment somewhere without fearing that some random asshole will take my stuff when I'm not around? I need to stash my NATO gear for a while since I'm going back to Agroprom/Dark Valley to clear out the stashes there and look for artifacts that I can sell to the scientists for money.

TripJack

Hedonist
i think you can store stuff in the footlockers in SoC, most areas have one IIRC

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Replaying SoC after last playing it years and years ago (even before CoP came out) came out and holy fuck, it's aged like wine. Just did the Yantar/X-16 mission and now I'm just going to take some time and do bunch of side quests before I tackle the Scorcher.
Anyway, as I was walking back to bar, I noticed 3 bandits sitting in a campfire at Wild Territory, playing guitar and telling dirty jokes. I almost felt sorry for them before I blew their brains out cause they're people like me - just trying to survive.
Also, can I safely stash my equipment somewhere without fearing that some random asshole will take my stuff when I'm not around? I need to stash my NATO gear for a while since I'm going back to Agroprom/Dark Valley to clear out the stashes there and look for artifacts that I can sell to the scientists for money.

There should be one in the bar, one at sidovich, I think one in rookie village.
I think most foot lockers are considered safe, but I'm not sure though. I know the ones I mentioned should be fine though.
I don't think thievery is a mechanic in SoC, unless you just drop it at their feet. There is a scripted event in CoP where your shit gets stolen, but you can easily get it back.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
IIRC only Solyanka and NLC mods (and other russian mods forgotten with time) are the exceptions, in NS you got to buy lock to had your stash not missing any content.

mbv123

Arbiter
Just finished the SoC and the game surely wasn't shy of throwing shitloads of enemies at me towards the end. I thought X-19 lab at Red Forest was bad, but NPP Sarcophagus just fucked my shit up. I ended up using all of my medkits and bandages (I had like 30 of each) just by clearing one floor since there were like 25 fanatics armed to the teeth with exoskeletons and Groza's/F2000's.

mbv123

Arbiter
Just started playing Clear Sky and holy shit, the combat feels so much better. I don't know if it's the mod I'm using (SRP) but it's much more fluid and deadly. No more bullet spongy enemies like in SoC where you need to pray for headshots to get results of any kind. A short burst with AK slaughters cheeki breekis like I always wanted it. Also the faction wars mechanic seems pretty cool, though it seems that even without my help, my guys seem to hold their own and go on missions to capture places and I'm only there to help tip the balance instead of being the rambo dude that carries everything. Also it's pretty fun to hear a battle taking place, then hiding in some bush, watching it with binoculars, then mopping up survivors (if there's any) and looting all their shit.

Plisken

Learned

Im playing OGSE 0692 "anon edition". Basically OGSE0692 but with better graphics and some much needed tweaks/edits by some 4chan stalker nerd.

Why this and not OGSE0693? 0693 added in a lot of poorly implemented graphical additions that run poorly and look odd, and its gunplay is ass (super bullet sponge). the anon edition of 692 is basically everything good about OGSE with none of the suck.

If you're not familiar with OGSE at all, its pretty widely regarded as one of the best SOC mods, being one of the few that actually adds new content instead of being a glorified gun pack or changing the weather parameters for the millionth time.

you can grab the anon edition here, install with the high quality weapon textures option unless you're one of those weirdos who really likes the mirrored vanilla models: https://mega.nz/#F!ZENwkJCA!lY30uYbjzgvbNsDIFh9pdA

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wondering. Is there a way to reduce stuttering in the Call of Chernobyl mod? The game runs fine and smooth overall, but it seems stuff is loading in every 20 meter or so. Annoying as hell. I'm using the Warfare mod, is it because of that one?

mbv123

Arbiter
Wondering. Is there a way to reduce stuttering in the Call of Chernobyl mod? The game runs fine and smooth overall, but it seems stuff is loading in every 20 meter or so. Annoying as hell. I'm using the Warfare mod, is it because of that one?
could be since I assume the game is taking lot of calculations in the background, what with the faction wars and A-life happening 24/7

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm afraid it's poorly optimized mod.
Stuttering were haunting in vanilla too but they were vastly reduced thanks to the SSD drives. But even they are not enough for badly optimized mods and stuttering will haunt us again :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom