Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend some PS3 games pls kthxbai

Longshanks

Augur
I did not know a new Prince of Persia was in development. Did a quick search and see that they're promising "a renewed focus on platforming and physical challenges rather than fighting", that would be welcome. The new POPs were fun enough, if they can add something to the gameplay and the story isn't completely unbearable, I'll probably pick it up.

DefJam101

Arcane
Edward_R_Murrow said:
*snip*
I can understand if consoles aren't your bag. There's a lot of bullshit when you go from PC gaming to console gaming. I'm still a little miffed I have to jump through stupid hurdles to unlock all the characters, stages, and music in Brawl, instead of just editing an .ini file and playing the game the way I want to. I miss save states, mouselook, and greater config options. But seriously, stop thinking one console is a horrible PoS while the other one, which is pretty much identical in gaming terms, is a glorious salvation. Just be honest and say you hate Microsoft, because you obviously do. I realize the PS3 and 360 are really a matter of taste and a few game choices. That's it. I'm honest about how I personally don't care for the Japtacular PS3, I don't say they kill babies to make it. Why don't you be honest instead of inventing bullshit and arguing something you seemingly have very little knowledge of?

You're gonna have to forgive me for that post; I'm pretty sure I was drunk when writing it, and looking back.. I don't know what I was talking about in my initial post. I really don't think the XB360 is imitating a PC.. the PS3 is doing it better if it is trying to.

So yeah, sorry for the berserk rage; not sure what happened there. My hatred of Gears of War + XBox Live + Alcohol = That post, and the post before it.

Kinda embarassing.. :cry:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Breaking news: 30 minutes ago bluray drive of my PS3 gone bust. Basically PS3 is now dead, i will have to get a replacement, hope there will be no problems with this.

Turns out shit like this happens not only on Xbox 360.

Longshanks said:
I did not know a new Prince of Persia was in development. Did a quick search and see that they're promising "a renewed focus on platforming and physical challenges rather than fighting", that would be welcome. The new POPs were fun enough, if they can add something to the gameplay and the story isn't completely unbearable, I'll probably pick it up.

Yeah Ive always had a soft spot for the recent series, and as it happens, i think its the only series i own and have bought all of at separate times (ie not in a series box) (also hl episodes suck imo). anyways, i saw some good possibilities for platforming in assasin's creed, and i hope they are able to tweak that into being as enjoyable as the now "old" series. graphics style looks interesting, sort of a cell shaded look that could really grow on me i think. concept art is good as always.

they turned the prince into a ninja with a scarf ala ninja gaiden or shinobi, which im not sure i like yet. also not sure about your girl companion following you around all the time. they claim theyre improving the combat but we shall see. i thought some of the better sequences in the game involved running away from the time guarding in pop 2. i will definitely be keeping my eye on this one... for the 360. no way am i gonna get this on pc since its the same engine as assassin's creed and we all know how that turned out...

Destroid

Arcane
Just having looked up the systems reqs for it. Pretty funny that it needs a 12gb install (way more than a dvd holds) and 2gb of memory (about half a dvd) when all the xbox uses is 1 dvd lol. I guess it uses much higher resolution textures? I am sure you wouldnt need a very mighty card to play it at xbox graphics (probably 1366x768, upscaled).

EDIT: Although it could just be a shitty port, the fact that multi-platform games run better on xbox360 is that pretty much everything uses 360 as the development platform.

Ebonsword

Arcane
I have both the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

I honestly don't play the 360 that much, and the PS3 I purchased entirely for its Blu-Ray capability (well, that and the faint hope that worthwhile games might come out for it someday).

For the 360 I have:

Import Tuner Challenge. The reason that I bought the 360 (seriously). I love this game, but I realize that most people think it's crap.

Rainbow Six Vegas. Also available for the PS3. I don't think it's as good as Rainbow Six Three or R63: Black Arrow for the original Xbox, at least as far as the single player experience goes. It was still pretty fun to play, though (I like all of the added weapon customization options, as well as the ability to finally pick up weapons off of dead enemies), so I don't regret purchasing it.

Tomb Raider:Legend. Xbox exclusive (well, at least it's not available on the PS3, I think that it's available for, like, every other system in the world, though). I bought this one in a fit of nostalgia (I loved the first two Tomb Raider games). Sadly, it turns out that I no longer enjoy frustrating platformers, so this one sits on the shelf, mostly unplayed.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Also available for the PS3 (but I think there are more characters available for the 360 via downloads). I was on a huge comic book reading binge when I bought this, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it (I played through it twice). Might not be nearly as enjoyable to those who don't find it inherently cool to play as Moon Knight and kick the crap out of people with your nunchucks, though.

Mass Effect. Xbox exclusisve. Since this was touted as a tactial shooter meets an RPG, and I like both of those genres, this seemed worth a shot. Sadly, it disappointed in both its tactical combat and in its RPG qualities. I did manage to make it through the entire game, though, and mostly enjoyed it. The only thing I regret is paying full price for it.

Eternal Sonata. Xbox exclusive. A JRPG where you get to play as Frederic Chopin. This is one of those marvelously bizarre concepts that you can only find in a Japanese game. I purchased it recently because I was in the mood for a JRPG and this one certainly seemed to put the "J" in "JRPG". I'm still playing through it. It looks beautiful (its the closest I've seen to "playing an anime"), but I find I like it better in small doses due to the combat being kind of repetitive and boring.

Forza Motorsport 2. Xbox exclusive. I picked this one up because I was in the mood for a new racer after playing Import Tuner Challenge into the ground. Yeah, turns out that hyperrealistic racing games are not my thing. I played this for, like, an hour before throwing down my controller in frustration and I haven't tried it again.

aboyd

Liturgist
I liked your post Ebonsword. I would do something similar, although I'm not going to be as detailed.

I own a Dreamcast, PS2, PS3, and Wii. For the PS3 I own Rock Band. That's it. For the Wii, I own about 30 games, split evenly between virtual console games we bought online, Gamecube games, and Wii games. My kids love Wii fit, although I don't. I love the Kart racing games, and the Raving Rabbids games. My kids love the Mario games (Mario Sunshine is the current favorite, even over the newer stuff).

I would like to find a decent PS3 game, but I really don't have any interest in shooters (unless it's like Tribes on the PS2), and I don't like that racing game that came out at launch even though lots of other people think it's great. I just haven't seen anything for the PS3 that makes me think, "That's worth $60."

I'd buy a good RPG like The Witcher if such a thing existed for the PS3. I'd buy a good racing/demolition game like the PS2's Twisted Metal: Black. But so far, nothing seems as good as what I already have.

Lurkar

Scholar
Jesus there's sonyfags everywhere all of a sudden.

Ratchet and Clank is good if you liked the others in the series. As I liked the others in the series, I would personally recommend it.

MSG4 is absolute shit.

Final Fantasy is going to be absolute shit, as is it's side-game, in which you play as Japanese Backstreet Boys to save the world through gay sex.

All in all, PS3 isn't...BAD, I guess? I'd still hesitate to buy it though. And the shitty backwards compatibility is just retarded as all hell, as all the good Sony games are on the PSX and PS2.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Hamster said:
Breaking news: 30 minutes ago bluray drive of my PS3 gone bust. Basically PS3 is now dead, i will have to get a replacement, hope there will be no problems with this.

Turns out shit like this happens not only on Xbox 360.

Electronics ain't worth a shit these days, ps3 is one of the better manufactured consoles in recent memory. But yeah it happens.

Kraszu

Prophet
obediah said:
Hold on there buddy. If our hypothetical person is comparing consoles and PCs, they must play a lot of multi-platform crap fests. Those are all optimized for the consoles and passed on to the PC as bloatware. Your $800 PC is going to barf on them.

Nonsense, games will be optimized for consoles better but PC for 600$ is much more stronger in hardware x1800pro vs HD4850 plz nigga. Multi platform games works much better now on PC for 600$ then on consoles.
ME 1600x1200 AAx2 vs 1024x768 no AA on xbox360 console nuff said.

obediah said:
And by skating in at that price point, you aren't going to be playing much of anything AAA in a few years, while the poor console bastards will be running Halo 7 no problem.

Sure becouse you only buy console once and you can run everything, how can you feat ME into my Atari whit tapes, disc just don't feat plz help. Consoles live longer then PC (but only becouse they have worse grapchics to make them run (actually becouse of multi-platform that can be less the case now). My old PC borough in 2002 can run now more new games worth playing then PS2 from that time.

Astromarine

Erudite
you bitches seriously need to get Burnout Paradise, especially Ebonsword who likes racers but not the realistic kind.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Why didn't you reply to my message on Xbox Live yesterday, Astromarine? That hurt, man.

Astromarine

Erudite
I did, cuntwad. Just a day late. :)

How do you have so many achievements on burnout revenge and don't have paradise yet? Or did I miss it in your game list?

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I have 2-3 in Burnout: Revenge, you were probably looking at my Burnout: Paradise achievements. D:

Astromarine

Erudite
note to self: stop sitting in front of the X360 with a huge glass of 18-yr-old single malt.

Nico, get the Battlefield: Bad Company demo and come play.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I just picked it up for the PS3 today. B)

But I can probably rape you in the 360 demo tonight, since you have to get to rank 4 in the demo in order to unlock some gun in full game.

Astromarine

Erudite
yeah. I actually got it today for the 360, but I'll play the demo till I level up. I'm only like 300 points away from it anyway

Data4

Arcane
So how is it? I thought the premise seemed kind of neat. Sort of The Italian Job meets The Dirty Dozen, and the characters seem amusing from what I've seen in the previews.

-D4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom