Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oh wow, I never heard of this before! Reluctant Hero!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Reluctant Hero
An innovative RPG that follows entire career of your character, till his very death from old age. By makers of Kult:Heretic Kingdoms (74% at Gamerankings)

When I read that I can't help but get interested!

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?ar ... f=0&id=111

spiwak

Novice
Sounds interesting. I first thought the thread title was supposed to be a joke - "reluctant hero" has to be one of the biggest RPG cliches. I hope they change the title, but other than that, sounds like it's worth following.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
A game that lets you play non-warrior character and doesn't bore you to death at the same time? Sounds excellent! I especially like the idea of certain problems you have to solve in chapters and how you can do that in many different ways. And if they were randomly picked from a huge list of pre-generated quests, it'd have almost infinite playability.

Too bad it probably won't find any publishers. And if it does, they'll mess with the developing process to maximize profits.

Dhruin

Liturgist
It didn't find a publisher. iHobo is now attempting to pitch it for the third time with revisions, although Chris is still trying to include a "major game system" for a non-combat path through the game that "goes beyond some dialogue scripting".

Sounds pretty good, I like the Chapter system, and I've always been a fan of being able to grow older in games, hence my interest in the Fable games.

Dhruin said:
It didn't find a publisher. iHobo is now attempting to pitch it for the third time with revisions, although Chris is still trying to include a "major game system" for a non-combat path through the game that "goes beyond some dialogue scripting".

That's what I figured when I read the article. Chances are, it will be rejected again and again, until they are forced to basically strip away most all of the elements that make it seem interesting. Seems like the same thing that happened/is happening to Afterfall.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Sounds like they need to stop stripping and start learning how to pitch something then. Get in some sales weasels if necessary.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Seems like the same thing that happened/is happening to Afterfall.

When did that happen to Afterfall? They actually did say that they only accepted a publisher if that publisher gave them freedom to do most of the stuff they want. And Nicolas Games did accept that. The only reason they might cut features is because of the huge feature-list that can't be fully integrated into the game without reaching Duke Nukem Forever development times.

Badgermaster

Educated
Reading that article actually made me quite interested in this title. I hope it doesn't get completely neutered during development.

deuxhero

Arcane
spiwak said:
Sounds interesting. I first thought the thread title was supposed to be a joke - "reluctant hero" has to be one of the biggest RPG cliches. I hope they change the title, but other than that, sounds like it's worth following.

Not that big, most video game characters jump at the call (and right threw it) nowdays.

Murk

Arcane
Yeah any reluctant options are there as token dialog choices if any - most heroes are pretty much determined in their heronicity

i think the title in that game refers to you not needing to be a hero, in that you can just be a dude running a guild and having to deal with shit only cuz its barking at your front door

sabishii said:
I think the game's been suspended but will be restarted in a different form, though.
That doesn't sound good at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom