Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2017: Results & Cool Graphs

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
If anyone is interested, here is the ResetEra thread.

It's so weird to see an introductory phase of "What's an RPG?" and community going through RPG awakenings of sort as that thread goes on.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Dunno how anyone can defend the retarded combat of DOS2. If anyone wants to see TB combat done right in a modern crpg, go play ToEE or underrail. Larian's aproach is to keep adding shit to the combat so they can claim its deep. Just the armor system itself and the hp bloat are enough convince anyone sane how much they fucked up.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
What if I told you that ANY game in documents have trade mark, since almost ALL games belong to one or another company( so all them have tm near title) ? Oh, wait, I shal not ruin your magical land of "ideal games" (and without copyright) with my logic and reason.
Fucking retarded november newfag.

Sorry to disappoint you, but time on codex does not define intelligence of anyone. And your example show it clearly as white topazes in St Edward's crown - you didn't had any argument in first place and instead of stopping act like virgin during menstrual cycle, you decided come with weak insults of my registration date. Not to mention that you again started repeat yourself like parrot by using same insults.

Also what's going on with "go away" people, how old are you? Instead of enjoying games which you truly like, you started hysteria about poll and how it's "unfair". What's wrong with you? You really so fucking insecure enough, that so care about votes on poll?

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

wtf?

omg this is so 2016 games of the year all over again wi th that Wither 3 and okay it probably is not nice to say because I did not play the Divinity 2 game but I did play the first one and it is not like Ultima 7 or any of the Ultimas and then I watch a yt video of some guy talking like he is in the room in the corner on a stool explaining the ... . are they making love? omg! :argh:who makes nookie like that and wtf is is voiced okay? It is soooo creepy just listening to that voice. "and his rough scales peppered her squishy thighs like sandpaper as he grinded in 180 degree rotations, sending flashes of light sher could see with her eyes closed of distant stars and planetary systems with each rumbling grunt made by his reptilian tongue" :hahano: omg why is it voiced who lol it is beyond . this is not Ultima series at all and to say it is made by fans of Ultima know nothing the first game was not Ultima and that yt video of the bed love making is n ot Ultima no one knows Ultima anymore!! This compnay would have been better off cutting out these narrivative making scenes and added npc schedules like Ultima would have been better now I cannot get that yt video out of my head it is . y Y Y!?

Gosh was this voited number one because it is multiplayer and you could cyber your friend right? Probs it is and makes it more fun for everyone but that is not Ultima either and is an insult to every Ultima fan! PC1- "I gently rub the back of your neck with my finger, tracing your tattoo". PC2- "nuzzles back at the touch." PC1-"At the response my nose tickles your neck and my hands begin to explore the soft curves of your beasts" PC2 - "noNONO!"

*rock/paper/scissors* PC1=WIN! *explore the voluptuous design of your body* omg there is over 30 minutes of all love scenes on yt of this game! this is Codex wants? :argh:

Well thank-you again for all your hard work felipepepe
heart.png
for putting poll together and I am sure you are eagerly awaiting next year with DEADFIRE, Pathfinder and that Druid game being able to take top 3.

Thanks,
Sherry

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Divinity: Original Sin 2's the new Baldur's Gate 2, right down to the minority of people who are very passionate about the predecessor being better and grumbling grognards who utterly hate how this is now considered the ultimate computer role playing game instead of their precious Fallout/Torment/Underrail/AoD/what-have-you.

I have heard TOEE gets shit after you leave the first area. Is this true? I can’t bring myself to face such disappointment again after seeing the same thing in Lionheart (although Barcelona lasted a good few hours).

I wrote an extremely comprehensive assessment of ToEE's encounters http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9553

It isn't all bad, but it isn't all good either.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The 'dex loved DOS:2 so much that nobody has bothered to review it after 4 months...

And the thing is it's not something that's consistent across all games - Torment got a terrible result. So you can't blame it on casual votes from Twitter or whatever. There are a lot of D:OS 2 fans around here whose voices aren't being heard.
DOS:2 fans brigading in favour of it wouldn't necessarily affect TToN's position, and felipepepe's twitter chumminess with Larian staff and their orbiters isn't a secret. Who was the first person to respond on twitter, 12 minutes after the results were posted?

Just a coincidence, of course. I agree with Lady Error's observations in this thread, but applaud felipepepe's dedication to ensuring Grimoire's humiliation efforts nonetheless.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2's the new Baldur's Gate 2, right down to the minority of people who are very passionate about the predecessor being better and grumbling grognards who utterly hate how this is now considered the ultimate computer role playing game instead of their precious Fallout/Torment/Underrail/AoD/what-have-you.

I wrote an extremely comprehensive assessment of ToEE's encounters http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9553

It isn't all bad, but it isn't all good either.
If only the writing, the setting, the plot and the characters were even remotely close to baldurs gate 2, a lot more people would retain interest in DOS2 after wasting money on it only to play the first chapter.

LizardWizard

Cipher
I have heard TOEE gets shit after you leave the first area. Is this true? I can’t bring myself to face such disappointment again after seeing the same thing in Lionheart (although Barcelona lasted a good few hours).

Hommlet does indeed suck and is the consensus worst part of the game. At the very least play up to the Moathouse, which has pretty good encounter design.

Deleted member 7219

Hommlet does indeed suck and is the consensus worst part of the game. At the very least play up to the Moathouse, which has pretty good encounter design.

The inverse of Lionheart then. Weird how memory plays these tricks. I am getting to be an old man. So this game improves after the first area? Good to know.

Sherry

Arcane
Sherry, that was pure poetry.

Hi!

gosh. tu. GOSH!

Have you seen that stupid commericla from apple computers with that girl sitting on a tree branch doing stuff on her tablet and riding her bike in glasses and taking picutres of things she comes across and at at the very end of the commercial she in her backyard om her stomach typing away and there is a neighbour who comes out to hang clothes on the clothes line? She asks the girl "oh what are you doing on your computer?" and the girl glances over and asks "what is a computer?" right? have you seen it? It is so over dumb I hate when it comes on but it is just like goty for 2017 right? Okay go watch the romance video for 30 minutes and see goty 2017

"Oh what RPG are you playing?"

"What is an RPG?"

That is got 2017. On Codex. wtf is happening right?

Thanks,
Sherry

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This thread is going places...

In 2014 PST is elected the best """RPG""" of the last 34 years. No one bats an eye.

In 2016, The Witcher 3 is chosen as the best "RPG" of 2015. A few people say it's bullshit but that's about it.

Now DOS 2 is voted as the best RPG of 2017 in both polls. And almost everyone loses their minds. :lol::lol::lol:

Fairfax

Arcane
In terms of Codex reception, I think it's opposite. BG2, despite not being turn-based, is loved here because of its content. D:OS2 gets away with bad content and poor design because it's turn-based. Also, if you ask casuals what the new ultimate RPG is, most will say TW3 rather than D:OS2.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, neither of those other games let you live out your desires to fuck lizardmen and skeletons.

Codex GOTY

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
We already had that and the result actually makes more sense:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-of-the-year.119561/

1. DOS2
2. ELEX
3. Grimoire
Yeah i know,after all i made the thread. It is really sad to see that shit splattered on the codex when the actual codex poll is forgotten. At least in my thread only codexers could vote,not every retarded twatter that saw the link. Anyway, i see it as a sigh for infinitron's rule. In 5 years this forum will be a neogaf level of sjw cesspit,hope i am alive to see it and die on this hill.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
In terms of Codex reception, I think it's opposite. BG2, despite not being turn-based, is loved here because of its content. D:OS2 gets away with bad content and poor design because it's turn-based. Also, if you ask casuals what the new ultimate RPG is, most will say TW3 rather than D:OS2.
bad content and poor design
And here we go again, define "good" content and "rich" design. Honestly I forgot about poll after voting, but such comments increased my interest. I mean, I want to know what kind of ultimate game design have people in mind when they hate DOS 2. Because before poll same people was busy shiting on each other in other places of forum. I understand when people saying that game was bad in their opinion, but in this post people act like religious fanatics and claim that their opinon is ultimate truth. Some individuals started complain about system of vote counting (which a bit pointless after poll was done) and some "special" people start accuse author in corruption although Illuminati did this poll. Stop act like insane monkeys, this poll don't change a fucking thing, you still can playing in what-ever-you-want even if it is not in top.

Delterius

Arcane
From this thread I have learned:

RPGs are shit.

Turn based games like D:OS2 are a sham.

ELEX is another bad PB game nobody likes.

Prey was probably the best RPG of the year but nobody wanted to admit it.

Nier: Automata for best OST.

Battle brothers for best Lplay potential.

Delterius

Arcane
Hommlet is the circle of Hell that Dante thought too horrible to describe.

And you think the shit comes after.

Huh.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom