Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Aaand the ResetEra thread is closed :D

The SJW turbo-retards started to lose big time, making complete fools of themselves. So the mod closed the thread with some trademark bullshit reason.

"Uhh...we're passing through the toad chakra which exudes negative energies therefore thread closed."

Why did I learn of this retardo forum only now, it's comedy gold rush.

Darkzone

Arcane
So the peasantry is finally jumping on board. [Hail to the king Vaclav!] a noble man.
When will i receive my CE? And will i meet Jan Sokol or Zizka in the first chapter?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is nothing extremist about him, he's just very pro GamerGate and very anti-SJW. Which is literally Hitler for the SJWs, obviously.

I think normally he is a pretty standard libertarian, hating both conservatards and libruls equally. Just like me :smug:

Most of the people "on the Internet" going under either of these labels have pretty shallow understanding of political ideas, even less of the historical context in which these three schools emerged, and couldn't for the life of them imagine how they have evolved over the years since they were concieved. They know the words, but not the meanings. Which is a long way of saying they are socially awkward kids trying to fit in by joining a subculture, existing mostly on the web, that way it's always easier to fit in when you are socially awkward. It's full of them on the Codex too, sadly. "Gender", political affiliations have joined music and videogames as platforms for teens' or simply lonely people's socialization.

If I have to give any description of myself, I'd say I am a conservative, inasmuch as I believe that security takes precedence, in order to allow for liberty to exist. Also that respect in primacy of law and respect for private property stem from respect for tradition, family values of obedience to one's elders, and belief in the tenets of Christianity. Of course, taken to the extreme, any of these beliefs becomes a caricature, and caricatures and parodies are something that young energetic and light hearted people excel at. Hence the reality of "libruls", "conservatards", ron swanson "meme-libertarians", etc.

So, I doubt Vavra's views would be quite as easy to define in one word, or at least I hope they won't be.

Sentinel

Arcane
Aaand the ResetEra thread is closed :D

The SJW turbo-retards started to lose big time, making complete fools of themselves. So the mod closed the thread with some trademark bullshit reason.

"Uhh...we're passing through the toad chakra which exudes negative energies therefore thread closed."

Why did I learn of this retardo forum only now, it's comedy gold rush.
that BernardoOne guy is everywhere crying about muh nazis
http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/general-news-thread-2-0/15464/1315

Codex Year of the Donut
Fuck I started playing Elex today finally and it is fucking great :(
I am probably not gonna finish it before KCD is released :(
But then again at least there might be more patches by the time I get to it, so yay

I mean look at this beaut, gothic is strong with this one

C3FB775C609973ECB7165EB40A4F9F3E32D4D828
too bad the gameplay is unbelievably shit
at least it was at release
that's part of the charm
eurojank is becoming my favorite RPG subgenre

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
C'mon, it was typical Gothic I gameplay. Three factions. Tiers of armor. And stuff like that. You can have even berserker similar to that hunter from Gothic I. Would you prefer Risen 3?

And when you look at story premise. It's about a white overpowered supremacist who lost chemical that was making him white, he's not overpowered anymore, and needs to decide on few things without being told by his leader.

What not to like on racist story like that?

Sentinel

Arcane
C'mon, it was typical Gothic I gameplay. Three factions. Tiers of armor. And stuff like that. You can have even berserker similar to that hunter from Gothic I. Would you prefer Risen 3?

And when you look at story premise. It's about a white overpowered supremacist who lost chemical that was making him white, he's not overpowered anymore, and needs to decide on few things without being told by his leader.

What not to like on racist story like that?
I was actually talking more specifically about the combat itself. I'm convinced they absolutely do it on purpose. There's no way someone plays that and goes "this is ok".

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Melee is massive improvement over Risen 3 combat. And shooting is average FPS.

Seconded. I think some people don’t even try to fiddle with the default settings, which is a shame because melee is a lot better when you disable auto-locking.

And, of course, Elex plays way smoother with a controller. I know that’s a capital crime hereabouts but I forgive them. A small studio needs all the sales it can get—if console oriented design is the price of Elex getting picked up by a publisher, I say so be it. Same goes for KCD, although I haven’t seen much bitching about controls from people who’ve played the beta.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Yeah I am playing PC version with controller (because big ass TV and sofa beats monitor and chair for my ass) and I am actually surprised how well it plays considering what I read about it. There is a bit of a momentum to Jax's movement like in unpatched Witcher 3 but I got used to it quickly. Combat seems significantly better than in Risen 2 and 3. But anyway more Elex talk from me will go into elex thread.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes very well said AwesomeButton

He does not belong into a certain political camp. He seems just a very self assured, very respected 40-something game developer who likes things like middle ages, weapons, war, beer and free speech.

Burning Bridges

I should also explain why I think KCD is popamole but this is not his fault.

It does not meet my astronomic expectations which already became clear when I saw the first alpha. When I backed the project I had expected something like Mount&Blade with Mafia level graphics and athmosphere, and was excited because I knew what those guys had done in the past. And the graphics were indeed nice. Had I been able to pick up an apple, make fire and stuff like that I might have kept hope, but realized that the entire gameplay was: "find peasant XY and select Z so the next story module triggers".

Alas, that was not possible, because I did not realize how many millions this game would cost to make. Vavra not only had to get a billionaire excited, but also thousands of people over kickstarter and had to find hundreds of people with the required talent (the area where Brian Fargo completely fails). I think in the end they did a good job, I am just no longer interested in this AAA thing at all, a great game of this type has not come out since VtmB (12 years ago) and maybe like minded people would be better off making smaller games. A good PC game nowadays can only to be expected from indie level teams. Just like Hollywood would never bring a documentary movie for 100 million into the cinemas, the AAA game industry will never fund a challenging middle ages simulation with 1000s of hours of gameplay (that's reserved for games like M&B).

As it is, I expect KCD to get lots of positive reviews of people who all have 20-30 hours game time and rave that it was the greatest game they ever played, just like Witcher III and the other crap games of the last 10 years.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't wanna jump the shark here but I bet you'll be surprised. Sure, this game will be very "cinematic", maybe even more than TW3. But unlike TW3 I bet it won't be just pretty cutscenes with second-rate gameplay.

It's already clear there are signs of hardcoredness AAA games haven't dared to touch since the early 2000s. The fact you can't save whenever you want, you have to eat and sleep, there's a ton of talking and different dialogue options, a ton of profound C&C and the combat is so complicated it's actually scaring even prestigious hardcore gamers in these hallowed halls tells you this is NOT going to be an open-world interactive movie like TW3.

Burning Bridges

It's already clear there are signs of hardcoredness AAA games haven't dared to touch since the early 2000s. The fact you can't save whenever you want, you have to eat and sleep, there's a ton of talking and different dialogue options, a ton of profound C&C and the combat is so complicated it's actually scaring even prestigious hardcore gamers in these hallowed halls tells you this is NOT going to be an open-world interactive movie like TW3.

you want to take a piss amirite :lol:

Then tell us exactly what you did in the game that was so awesome. I bet you walked, stole carrots and beet until your inventory was full, looked for some item next to the manure heap and talked, watched, talked, watched. ..

Doktor Best

Arcane

you want to take a piss amirite :lol:

Then tell us exactly what you did in the game that was so awesome. I bet you walked, stole carrots and beet until your inventory was full, looked for some item next to the manure heap and talked, watched, talked, watched. ..

Every rpg ever comes down to running, talking, looting, fighting. Its the mechanics that play into doing all those things that distinguish good rpgs from bad ones.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

If you don't like talking in your RPGs then KCD is 100 percent not for you.

Also maybe RPGs in general are 100 percent not for you. Just a thought.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

But good writing is also essential, otherwise talking is extremely boring. Like in Pillars of Eternity.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

But good writing is also essential, otherwise talking is extremely boring. Like in Pillars of Eternity.

Wait, there was talking in Pillars of Wikipedia ? I thought NPC were just articles that tell you what a beautiful world that faggot with tattos Sawyer created.

Burning Bridges

May I ask how old you are, approximately? Over 35 or one of those millenials who think RPGs fell from the sky when Oblivion came to the X-Box??

Btw you didn't answer my other question, and thereby admitted that you did exactly the same as everyone else, walk around, watch the bullshit dialogs and look under the manure heap. This kind of gameplay is typical for an adventure game, or an interactive movie. But not for an RPG.

Xeon

Augur
The fact you can't save whenever you want, you have to eat and sleep
How is the saving the system in this game going to be? Do we at least going to be able to save if we quit the game? Don't want to keep playing for 15-30min more just reach a bed or something dumb like that to be able to save.

Not having manual save whenever is not really "hardcore" just busywork for the most part.

Burning Bridges

I bet you walked, stole carrots and beet until your inventory was full ..
Not possible in KCD, since organic stuff is decaying and rotting in your pockets alright.

Have you even played the demo you idiot? The onions were the only interactive element in the entire village.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom