Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't understand what Mount & Blade, VtMB and "picking up apples and making fires" have in common. I get that you don't have patience for "Witcher 3-likes" but you seem confused about what you actually like.

Have you even played the demo you idiot? The onions were the only interactive element in the entire village.

Oh wait, maybe you just don't know what you're talking about.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
This is going to be fun, Knedlik and Infinitron are butthurt :lol: and some guy with "_cz" in his nick who considers this a declaration of war.

Just look at their register date, those millenial twats have discovered RPGs a half decade after Troika went bancrupt :lol::lol:

Mark Richard

Arcane
The fact you can't save whenever you want, you have to eat and sleep
How is the saving the system in this game going to be? Do we at least going to be able to save if we quit the game? Don't want to keep playing for 15-30min more just reach a bed or something dumb like that to be able to save.

Not having manual save whenever is not really "hardcore" just busywork for the most part.
There seems to be three types of saving - two manual and one automatic. The automatic saving kicks in during important events. The manual saving involves either sleeping in a bed, or drinking a limited resource called Saviour Schnapps.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The fact you can't save whenever you want, you have to eat and sleep
How is the saving the system in this game going to be? Do we at least going to be able to save if we quit the game? Don't want to keep playing for 15-30min more just reach a bed or something dumb like that to be able to save.

Not having manual save whenever is not really "hardcore" just busywork for the most part.
There seems to be three types of saving - two manual and one automatic. The automatic saving kicks in during important events. The manual saving involves either sleeping in a bed, or drinking a limited resource called Saviour Schnapps.

Yep, the only question is how limited the Schnapps is. Too few and it's bad since this is not Dark Souls, it's open-world and going back 30 minutes is not fun. And too many and you might as well implement your standard F5 quick save.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
When I backed the project I had expected something like Mount&Blade with Mafia level graphics and athmosphere, and was excited because I knew what those guys had done in the past. And the graphics were indeed nice. Had I been able to pick up an apple, make fire and stuff like that I might have kept hope

Help me Codex, how does this work?

8RFQVdA.jpg

Burning Bridges

1072e80de016f83d92abb3c110b032e48006dda7.jpg

maximilian-schell-abridgetoofar-3.jpg

"if only I could pick up one of those apples, just once .." :argh:

1479067569.jpg

"Those are not apples. Those are just things the enemy put there to make us believe there are apples!"

aufm02_zoom.jpg

"Hail Mary Full of Grace!"

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

kingdom-come-deliverance-6-100726449-large.jpg

"Aye mate. I bought that shirt for 2000 ducats"

"You have been ripped off! Yesterday I was in a shop where it cost 3000!" "Nice haircut though, you look like the guy from Rammstein"

"Thanks"

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Is there evidence that this will have a significant amount of c&c? More than a few dialogue lines per conversation? Skill use in dialogue?

Im not one to complain about cinematic action rpgs, I love the Witcher 3 after all, but from what I'm reading from codexers, people are aparently expecting this to be some kind of hardcore rpg.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is there evidence that this will have a significant amount of c&c? More than a few dialogue lines per conversation? Skill use in dialogue?
people are aparently expecting this to be some kind of hardcore rpg.

Sure, because they have been publishing video and info for years showing exactly that. I watched and read most of it. It absolutely will be infinitely more hardcore than Witcher 3. Not that it's that hard to be more hardcore than an interactive movie.

It might even be the most complex and hardcore AAA RPG of the entire decline era (since the end of the 1990s). Although...that wouldn't be that hard either.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
lol no. How could anyone expect that?

It will be a story-driven open world game with multiple solutions to quests and limited degree of freedom.

I don't consider that to be very hardcore. You are the one who swings the sword, which automatically pushes it into the action RPG category.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would normally google for such information but I suspect I'll get wrong or exaggerated answers, so - what is the expectation for the main story and for the main story + sidequests, in hours to complete? Also what's the proportion between sidequests to critical path content?

Beowulf

Arcane

[...]there's a ton of talking and different dialogue options, a ton of profound C&C [...]

There you have it. The C&C is going to be so profound, that you should spell it with capital letters.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
what is the expectation for the main story and for the main story + sidequests, in hours to complete? Also what's the proportion between sidequests to critical path content?

Warhorse sez 50 hours main quest, 100+ hours completionist run.

Slightly above standard for modern big RPGs imo.

Ash

Arcane

Be wary of the latter. It is open to scummy abuse the other two are not, assuming it's a portable resource. e.g saving before luck-based tasks. Without it, luck-based interactions can shine. Just one example.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well then... Gothic 3 with the community patch is great. I love it. You managed to further encourage me to buy ELEX.

With all the patches Gothic 3 one of the best RPGs ever made. Too bad its reputation was completely destroyed on launch and hardly anybody bothered checking it again years later. In the mind of the collective it's now a shitty game forever. Jesus please don't let the same thing happen to KCD.

WHAT?!!
maxresdefault.jpg

Xeon

Augur
Oh noes, someone save scums in a single player game so we should punish everyone by limiting options more?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom