Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
That ui is some oblivion level shit. Disgusting.

HPRJqnd.jpg
Can we have current UI?

Also it's bit unfair to compare it to Oblivion, Oblivion had matching font and background on right side, and Oblivion didn't have XBOX controller buttons on bottom of the screen.

From the December video:

It looks pretty much the same as the old UI tbh.

which leads to the 1,000,000 $ question:

oblivion06_DarNified%20UI.jpg

"Which is better and why!"
That UI is modded you faggot. Nice pic.
You can see that in the most recent video, KCD had its font size reduced.

Smejki Since you have been so nice as to answer questions, I have a few gameplay related ones.

1. In terms of melee combat, since a properly timed parry opens up your opponent to a counter-attack in "bullet-time", what's the incentive for the player to attack, and not always use the previously mentioned defensive move?

2. The game seems to have a quest compass, which is an unfortunate concession to the mainstream casuals, any way we could convince you to make that optional? A related question, is it possible to figure out where to go from the dialogue itself so that the quest compass could be disabled?

3. Early interviews described hunting as being a side-activity in the game. Is that still in? Is it an in-depth system? What I mean is, is it something where animals have complex behavior, need to be tracked/stalked, special weapons/tools, or is it just you running into the forest and whacking a bear with your sword?

Appreciate your time and responses.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Burning Bridges you used to not turn every single thread you posted in to utter shit. What happened?

Good people left the codex and 1000s of millenials registered.

In the old days codex would have ripped that KCD a new asshole. Now Infinitron has reprogrammed the majority so much that they actually go up in arms for it. Also, as long as people call me back like you just did, I am never stingy with an answer. Does that satisfy your curiosity or do you now want to call me a retard like 10 people before you? What do you have??

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait until they release it. It's better to complain about lack of hanged gypsies, and no pick pockets in Prague, than talking about flaws of unreleased game. It's not theirs first one, thus rip it with no restrictions.

valcik

Arcane
In the old days codex would have ripped that KCD a new asshole.
Fuck off with this crap already, kiddo. You are not one of the monocled old Codexers, you are useless poseur and clueless annoying pest, spewing inane memes in a lame attempt to look hardcore as feck, while deleting your own eight years old retarded posts full of popamolery and idiocy. Keep pretending if that's what you're here for, it ain't working though.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Second coming of Christ?

Seems most people are just excited for a new "Gothic" kind of game.

Burning Bridges

Second coming of Christ?

Seems most people are just excited for a new "Gothic" kind of game.

Look at the idiot above you. His hatred almost emanates from my screen.

That is the kind of Codex trash I am talking about, otherwise this would have never happened. I have backed this game and will try it when it comes out. But I have already played it. It is like a baby of Oblivion and Mount & Blade, and without the interactivity and open-ness of Oblivion. So it actually just taking the good things of Mount & Blade and mixes it with the bad things of Oblivion. It will be a glorious failure in epic HD.

---

Arcane
Fuck off with this crap already, kiddo. You are not one of the monocled old Codexers, you are useless poseur and clueless annoying pest, spewing inane memes in a lame attempt to look hardcore as feck, while deleting your own eight years old retarded posts full of popamolery and idiocy. Keep pretending if that's what you're here for, it ain't working though.
How rude:rpgcodex:

Burning Bridges

You have still not replied if you will work for me btw. I have some people at hand who pay very well for digging up 10 year old threads.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

In the old days codex would have ripped that KCD a new asshole. Now Infinitron has reprogrammed the majority so much that they actually go up in arms for it. Also, as long as people call me back like you just did, I am never stingy with an answer. Does that satisfy your curiosity or do you now want to call me a retard like 10 people before you? What do you have??
Nah it was a rhetorical question, I didn't expect you to honestly answer and sure enough you didn't. Have a nice day and remember to take your meds :hug:

Burning Bridges

Nah it was a rhetorical question, I didn't expect you to honestly answer and sure enough you didn't. Have a nice day and remember to take your meds :hug:

LOL, what a lame reposte. A rhetorical question like "why are you such a retard?" Go into the next pub and do that there, big man.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This is deeply unfair to the many crazy codexers who are still capable of making a cogent argument, on or off their meds. As far as I know, they don't make a pill that can cure stupid.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

For what? Not being able to pick up apples?

• Non-linear story lets you choose between being a villain or a savior. Every quest can be solved in multiple ways.
  • A revolutionary combat system based on inverse kinematics, the only one of its kind to offer a rich, authentic yet easy-to-control, first-person melee experience. Based on actual 15th century fighting techniques and designed in cooperation with medieval martial arts experts.
  • Improve your character. Different play styles - warrior, rogue or bard - can be mixed and matched as you see fit. You can develop your skills, earn new perks, and fine-tune your equipment.
  • Large realistic, medieval-themed, open world landscape covering 3.5 square miles and 30 hours of gameplay (in first act, out of 3 total).
  • Lead the charge in enormous, open field battles and sieges. You are no superhero. If you’re going to take on an army of enemies, you better find one of your own to back you up.
  • Take a trip through the Middle Ages: Traverse sprawling cities, magnificent castles, towering, dark forests, and muck-strewn villages.
  • Discover this huge world from horseback or on foot. If you can see it, you can visit it.
  • A dynamic world comes alive. Every inhabitant plays a role in their communities, and as night follows day, you can watch people work, help them when needed, or try to interfere in their routine and see what happens.
  • Build relationships with characters, become a criminal or a local hero, seduce local women, threaten your enemies or pardon vanquished opponents.
  • Create your own weapons, cook, brew up potions, or dig around for silver. All crafting occurs in-game, using clever mini-games, rather than boring, soulless menus.

It is what is. From what I've seen, pretty accurate to the original promises.

If you had other expectations then the issue is with you. You're like a guy who buys a tractor and then goes to the showroom to complain about it failing at being a bicycle. Probably while being covered in shit.

So yeah, no. Old days Codex would not have ripped KCD a new anything. Old days Codex would have ripped you a new asshole and would've probably gifted you with a few tags while at it.

But nowadays people are just content spamming the butthurt rating. Fucking decline, men.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm surprised Roqua hasn't chimed in yet. Or whatever he calls himself these days.

Wait until they release it. It's better to complain about lack of hanged gypsies, and no pick pockets in Prague, than talking about flaws of unreleased game. It's not theirs first one, thus rip it with no restrictions.
Hmm, lack of hanged gypsies, combined with a lack of pickpockets, sounds like nothing short of dumbing down gameplay :lol:

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

LOL, what a lame reposte. A rhetorical question like "why are you such a retard?" Go into the next pub and do that there, big man.
If I was having a perfectly pleasant conversation in a pub and some retard came in and loudly interrupted everyone and made the entire conversation about their retardation, I would certainly ask them why he is such a retard. Most people would I imagine, so Internet Tough Guy doesn't apply here.

Burning Bridges

More like, I made ca 3-4 posts saying that the English translation sucks in combination with what is on the screen - and it's a console game - then the entire pub was against me but I use to fight it out like a man.

Pussies like Valcik came who always shows up when I have arguments, dug up a retarded thread from 10 years ago, and I could never resist leading him by the nose.

Your question was rhetorical in a way that the answer is a fist in the teeth, but on the internet we fight with words kay. I think I gave you a rather measured response, because by your join date you could deserve some respect (though I still don't remember a single thing about you)

Now fuck off or join in the queue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom