Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I clearly said that no one in real life will ever send a peasant to clear a camp of bandits/cumans by himself
The captain doesn't want to take things easy on you. It's his character, established in his first training scene and elsewhere. He also trained you himself and these bandits weren't exactly difficult.
Also by taking 6-7 enemies by yourself like that fella said in that video, that he took them down by one shoting everyone and he felt like a god and he was not even that far in the game
Again, they are easy. But the point is that his sense of accomplishment was great due to his initial struggle. He wasn't using "unorthodox strategies" (read: bitch moves) like kiting either. He worked within the rules and actually enjoyed the game because of it.
Does your little brain process what I said about this game, you know being too easy?
It's difficult to process how it's easy for you, yet you need to use cheap tricks to win.
thinking.png

Maybe that's just my brain failing to comprehend your brilliance tho. :M

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fucking 4channers, autistic clueless uber-edgelords the lot of them.

Half of them were spouting the same shit as Burning Bridges before the launch - stupid dumbed down normie popamole.

What's hilarious many of them are STILL saying it lol.

PorkBarrellGuy

Fucking 4channers, autistic clueless uber-edgelords the lot of them.

Half of them were spouting the same shit as Burning Bridges before the launch - stupid dumbed down normie popamole.

What's hilarious many of them are STILL saying it lol.

It's 8chan, actually. Take 4chan, double the edge and the autism. Presto, 8chan.

Divinity: Original Sin
I'm loving this game.

I have yet to find game breaking bugs. Only one I got was when the game saves before the dice match with nightingale in the patrol quest. I left the game and reloaded that save, and after the match, the game would present a cutscene of a time-lapse fast forward, then a dialogue and you would get a torch. the game would then go into a perpetual loading. I guess it was because it reloaded the dice game and didn't reload the whole city, because reloading a previous save worked, since it had the whole city loaded in the background.

What kind of bothers me is the "mafia" mission progress of it. You finish a quest, you're told to go next morning meet some one, leaving you no free time to do some mundane quests and activities. I finally reached a point where i can have a spare time to do other things. I don't know If I can miss quest or be punished by not going to quest triggers in time, but I finished a main quest in which the big bosses don't ask urgency.

I've also seen some dialogue inconsistencies: in the prologue, I fled the castle to go back to my village on foot. Later, in a dialogue, henry is informed that his horse is stolen by the bandits, only for henry to say he doesn't care, because he stealed the horse in first place. The thing is, I didn't steal any horse. this dialogue should be fixed.

But to the great part: I'm getting Ultima 7 vibes from this game. And I had a fun experience with some AI. I was looking for a fellow named Ginger, and he had a couple bandits asking around for him. Some guys asked me to kill these bandits and I accepted the job. the game saved, sio I could try and kill those guys. Turns out they were very strong for me. I tried a lot of strategies but always ended up dying. So I tried to sneak upon them, take down them while sleeping. The thing is that this always woke up the other guy. So, in order to see if they were sleeping, I tried to pickpocket them to get their weapons. As always, I failed so I ran away. then, when I was getting back, both guys were exchanging insults and started fight each other. After one was murdered by his friend, I choked the other and killed him while unconscious. I don't know how that happened, but when I tried pick-pocketing, the screen told me that the guy noticed me stealing him, but I fleed the scene before he got up, so I like to imagine he didn't actually see me and blamed his friend.

Dumbfuck
I see modders are already working at making the game look worst.

Every single mod I've seen so far (and I've seen all of them) makes the game worse. Yes, every single one.

The lock picking mechanic in this game is literally the worst the mini-game mechanic I've ever seen in an RPG. Trying to succeed at it with a controller is infuriating. The mod that removes that shit in situations where you skill level can clear the lock easily is a god send.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Trying to succeed at it with a controller is infuriating. The mod that removes that shit in situations where you skill level can clear the lock easily is a god send.
With mouse it's easy peasy, but using keyboard to do feints sucks on the other hand (probably, I just guess since I don't own a controller).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Riding my horse on the road
See a bunch of armored men at arms sitting by the road
Certainly not a ambush, sitting by the road in broad daylight
Ride through them until one of them says "this is an ambush, I'm going to fuck you up"
I laugh and dismount, his friends are still sitting
Kill the fucker with a mace to the head
Then proceed to kill every of lazy friends, all 6 of them, with an arrow to the face
None reacts as their friends slump dead right next to them

AI? What fucking AI?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Trying to succeed at it with a controller is infuriating. The mod that removes that shit in situations where you skill level can clear the lock easily is a god send.
With mouse it's easy peasy, but using keyboard to do feints sucks on the other hand (probably, I just guess since I don't own a controller).

You need a mouse and a controller to fully experience this game the way it’s meant to be played. :(

PorkBarrellGuy

You need a mouse and a controller to fully experience this game the way it’s meant to be played. :(
Huh. I wonder if the PS4 Dualshock would be optimal then?

KateMicucci

Arcane

Every single mod I've seen so far (and I've seen all of them) makes the game worse. Yes, every single one.

The lock picking mechanic in this game is literally the worst the mini-game mechanic I've ever seen in an RPG. Trying to succeed at it with a controller is infuriating. The mod that removes that shit in situations where you skill level can clear the lock easily is a god send.
Lock picking is pretty easy once you get 2 or 3 levels in it.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Ideas for episodes of a Kingdom Come sitcom:

- Not wanting to hurt any feelings, Henry accepts multiple invitations for Yuletide feasts across town. Can he attend them all in time and keep his stomach from exploding?

- Henry enlists in a tournament to impress a girl, but she asks him to prove his love by throwing the fight.

- After losing a dice game to some Cumans and incurring a debt he can't pay, Henry begs his uncle Filip to intervene.

- Henry is mistaken for a knight and is too embarrassed to come clean. Put on the spot, he invents a sexually suggestive coat of arms that starts a national scandal.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Riding my horse on the road
See a bunch of armored men at arms sitting by the road
Certainly not a ambush, sitting by the road in broad daylight
Ride through them until one of them says "this is an ambush, I'm going to fuck you up"
I laugh and dismount, his friends are still sitting
Kill the fucker with a mace to the head
Then proceed to kill every of lazy friends, all 6 of them, with an arrow to the face
None reacts as their friends slump dead right next to them

AI? What fucking AI?
There seems to be a big AI problem with roadside ambushes. They always have to think REALLY hard before they decide to either attack you or run away.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My final verdict for the game: I like it but it doesn't really feel like I'm playing an RPG. It feels more like ... a medieval STALKER game? I mean the combat in the end is full on popamole which is probably the main reason behind my feelings

Trias_Betrayed

Scholar
I'm enjoying it. Does it live up to the hype? No, but it probably wouldn't have been able to regardless. It's good enough if you enjoy it for what it is. I guess it could be compared to an elder scrolls game with better combat mechanics, in a way it sort of reminds me of the old daggerfall swordfighting though of course the worlds totally different.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Where the hell do I buy bows in Rattay?
From the armourer/stocks go uphill until you see a wooden bridge(inside the town not the one outside),pass him and the wall's gate,on the left after the gate. In the same neighbourhood there is a small church and the smith,down the road is the upper castle(not the one you see the lord in the beginning of the main quest) and the exit from the city.

On the other side i must say that the C&C is great in some of the quests. Some time ago i finished a bunch of fetch quest for an old whore,she told me to come back the next day and she never showed up. Decided that it is just another bugged quest and moved on. A week later i do some shit in the region an ended up in one of the houses i did steal the shit from,it was covered in blood and i was "What the fuck happened here? I am an honourable guy,i remember my victims." Later on i talked with an innkeaper and saw the question about her. Turned out that she decided to use the items to chop off some dudes balls and strangle his wife while gouging her eyes out.....yeah fun.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I clearly said that no one in real life will ever send a peasant to clear a camp of bandits/cumans by himself
The captain doesn't want to take things easy on you. It's his character, established in his first training scene and elsewhere. He also trained you himself and these bandits weren't exactly difficult.
Also by taking 6-7 enemies by yourself like that fella said in that video, that he took them down by one shoting everyone and he felt like a god and he was not even that far in the game
Again, they are easy. But the point is that his sense of accomplishment was great due to his initial struggle. He wasn't using "unorthodox strategies" (read: bitch moves) like kiting either. He worked within the rules and actually enjoyed the game because of it.
Does your little brain process what I said about this game, you know being too easy?
It's difficult to process how it's easy for you, yet you need to use cheap tricks to win.
thinking.png

Maybe that's just my brain failing to comprehend your brilliance tho. :M
Come on... where are the mods when you need them.dragonul09 is working hard for a tag! Please give him one.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Eh, it seems fine to me. It's pretty easy with a mouse. I don't think I've broken a single lockpick, I'm still using the one Peshek gave me.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My final verdict for the game: I like it but it doesn't really feel like I'm playing an RPG. It feels more like ... a medieval STALKER game? I mean the combat in the end is full on popamole which is probably the main reason behind my feelings

Like someone here on Codex said - the medieval Arma :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom