Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Dexter

Arcane
I simply can't comprehend the mindset in which one gets the best ingame armor and weapon as soon as possible because one saw Online how/where to get it
Did you even play the game? You can break the equipment balance without wanting or even trying to.
Not really, I deleted the game around 25 hours after I killed every NPC in the world, what was the point of fetching things for peasants that rewarded me with a dumb cutscene, when I could just beat the shit out of them. There's no incentitive to do anything when you are walking Churchill infrantry tank. The game is too easy and Henry being able to learn everything so fast is the biggest mistake they did and this will cost them in the long run.
This is how he's playing the game, he pirated it and most likely leveled up his skills at the trainer, got all the late-game gear early since people were posting the location of that chest and how to get it off of Wayfarer Knights, then went out and randomly killed NPCs before apparently deleting the game, how far he got in the story or if he even bothered with it you gotta ask him, then he spends the next several weeks or months autistically posting and reposting those two or three videos as if he has an argument for why "TEH GAME IS SHIT!".

He chooses to play the game this way and the game lets him, nobody is forcing him or holding a gun to his head, similarly to how you can choose to speedrun or cheese a Fallout run and similarly open-ended games, but it's not how it's meant to be played or how you'll get the most out of it.

I said 25 hours in I was still running around Rattay, talking to people, doing quests, thieving, exploring the landscape around, clearing the first bandit camps and didn't even have a chainmail armor but mostly stuff I looted off of bandits and some of the stuff I could buy. Who do you think will have the more enjoyable experience and who will whine for two months for no reason? This isn't a competitive FPS or an MMO where he's competing with people on who can get to the highest level or the best gear fastest.

Last edited:

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
e9P702k.jpg

wtf guys help
you found a giraffe in the asshole of 1300s bohemia, but no black man.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Didn't Vavra say in some interview how they are just trying to get the technology right before going into large scale battles?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yeah, that's something I was thinking of editing in later in my last post since Cryengine and large scale battles go together like fried pasta and milk with pepper.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
and the loot!! all my precious loot!!! why???? why i can’t loot at after the battle?
I liked all the loot disappearing. I got some loot, and the other soldiers presumably got some too. The real shame is the boss at the end of that quest drops about $3k of gear, but I could only loot him when the game bugged.

imweasel

No idea what you are all going on about. Large scale battles were already possible way back in 2013 with the Cryengine.

There is a reason why Warhorse chose the Cryengine and Ryse is one of them. This is something that should be blamed on the ineptitude of the developers and not the game engine.

The real shame is the boss at the end drops about $3k of gear, but I could only loot him when the game bugged.
Learn lock picking. Then you can rob the merchants for all of money that you will never ever need.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Do you really think a devout follower of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, would ever degrade himself by learning the petty arts of the thief?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
This is a pretty good video - explaining the game in detail.
Every time I look at this game I ask myself why I'm not Mount and Blading with mods instead.

Undelivered, Game is a buggy mess, tons of features half assed or missing. Ends on a cliff hanger. Another euro trash game in the bin.
For 60 bucks? Bleh

imweasel

Do you really think a devout follower of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, would ever degrade himself by learning the petty arts of the thief?
Roleplay if you want. But you should know that the game doesn't give a flying fuck if you are a bad Christian and rob everyone blind as well as desecrate every grave or not. At least I haven't run into any consequences for doing all of the activities the game has to offer.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
There is a reason why Warhorse chose the Cryengine and Ryse is one of them. This is something that should be blamed on the ineptitude of the developers and not the game engine.
Actually, now that I think about it you're right. Crysis 1 had relatively large setpieces with a lot of enemies.

imweasel

So you're telling me stealing is the fastest way to make money, God doesn't exist, and nothing I do matters?
God doesn't exist in KCD, but you can pretend he does if you want.

Satan however does exist in KCD and he enjoys torturing players with bugs and a dreadful inventory UI forged in the fires of Hell. Have fun collecting and selling gear.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lol,this thread become a sanctuary for the butthurt. 4-5 people just repost the same shit endlessly. Will be surprised if half of them even played the game. Anyway,the game is buggy mess with a lot of problems,still it is a great game oozing atmosphere and good writing. The world feels live and interesting,it is well worth the 60 euro.

Inziladun

Magister
PSA: Minor spoilers but i wish someone told me. Before you do the Monastery quest transfer all important items to your horse. Otherwise they will all be registered stolen. You can launder them back through a fence to mark them non stolen but it's a huge hassle..thankfully this offers a chance to dump any unwanted quest items but it' still poorly implemented. In fact the whole Monastery bit is a huge mess. Would be bad enough on its own if it was what it was, but you seem to constantly get in trouble unless you make a bee line from room to room which leads to frustratingly getting in trouble despite you being in the place you're supposed to be unless it's timed perfectly. Also you'e forced to use the wait function 4 times a day for like 4-5 days straight unless you wanna cheese the quest line. Dumb dumb dumb.

Seethe

Arbiter
This is a pretty good video - explaining the game in detail.
Every time I look at this game I ask myself why I'm not Mount and Blading with mods instead.

Undelivered, Game is a buggy mess, tons of features half assed or missing. Ends on a cliff hanger. Another euro trash game in the bin.
For 60 bucks? Bleh

I knew based crowbcat will expose this piece of shit for what it is. One of the few voices of reason, who lets the footage to speak for itself instead of a biased nerd trying to justify poor dellivery. It's irrelevant that the game was made by indie devs, who delivered an expected janky indie experience, as long as the game has a triple A price tag.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So the edgelords, upon playing the game for many hours after priating it (or not playing it at all), take to the forums in riteous fury. Why is the internets filled with people who seethe in the attempt to convince anonymous people that they are right on a subjective matter?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I simply can't comprehend the mindset in which one gets the best ingame armor and weapon as soon as possible because one saw Online how/where to get it, then proceeds to clean out villages by exploiting the AI and some OP items while declaring the game SHIT and yelling "HAHA, I BEAT TEH GAME
He is not limiting himself ingame because he has already been severely limited by Nature IRL.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
For some people 'besting' the game is important. They tend to use whatever meta info they can get to min max and dominate. I don't really understand the attraction but to each their own I guess.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No idea what you are all going on about. Large scale battles were already possible way back in 2013 with the Cryengine.

It’s funny that you bring up Ryse, the ultimate recent example of broken promises and shit gameplay in a AAA action game. Like Kingdom Come, Ryse promised a revolutionary melee combat system based on the motion sensors in Microsoft’s Kinnect. You would swing your imaginary sword, and Ryse would mimic your movements. It was supposed to be like the swordplay on the Wii Zeldas, only much much better.

But Ryse didn’t have the resources to deliver on all of its goals (sound familiar?). They chose to prioritize making gorgeous graphics. So they replaced the Kinnect combat with standard spam-RT, dodge, and then press awesome button to win. Like TW3 combat but somehow more monotonous.

Ryse could do big crowds, sure, but that’s because it was a linear, non open world game where enemy NPCs were mindless cannon fodder. Presumably it’s a lot harder to make large battles work with hundreds of soldiers all of whom have a bunch of different moves and stances, all while simulating the rest of KCD’s open world.

I’m not saying Warhorse nailed it; they obviously failed to deliver on a number of things. But this happens to ambitious AAA titles all the time. I think Warhorse made the right decision, focusing on creating good content and good gameplay, rather than making that one big siege scene look cooler.

Given that this is a first person ARPG, big battles would be kind of pointless. It’s not like mount and blade where you have some control over your units. In KCD you only control Henry, so what do you gain from any battle larger than a skirmish? It just looks more awesome.

Now, again, Warhorse should’ve come up with a workaround, or they shouldn’t have promised big battles in the first place. Maybe put a bunch of soldiers in the background who can’t be interacted with and are only part of the scenery. Maybe have the big battles take place in a separate area from the open world to free up resources. I’m not a tech guy and have no idea what would work, but with more time/money they could’ve come up with something.

Still, unlike something along the lines of Ryse, Warhorse made the right decision about where to focus their efforts and what to scale back on.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So the edgelords, upon playing the game for many hours after priating it (or not playing it at all), take to the forums in riteous fury. Why is the internets filled with people who seethe in the attempt to convince anonymous people that they are right on a subjective matter?

Look - it's just an overpriced piece of crap. Deal with it Shitbatso.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom