Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well I was a bit busy so it's been a while. And I've got near 100 pages to wade through. So get ready for some blasts from the past

Don’t attempt the Nightingale quest from the hunter in Rattay. It is buggy as shit right now. Spent 2 hours just getting the traps not to bug out while capturing the birds and now the game hangs when trying to turn them in to complete the quest. After looking it up, apparently this is a common problem with this quest.
a fix is due in patch 1.3

Is the fix retroactive? Like, I have settled down the traps and one has disappeared, should it pop up now or will it only work after new game?

Elex

Arbiter
Btw Smejki are you happy with the economy balance?

I feel it's way too easy to break it. Often the "stolen" tag disappears way to fast and even if it doesn't fences are too willing to buy it off. Maybe they should have some daily limit or drastically reduced resources or something. And looted armor should be "stolen" too. Plus vendors in general should be much poorer.

Something is just off if you can be sitting on tens of thousands of groschen half-way through the game, without even trying to much.
lord give me an house: stuff i take from inside my house count as stolen.
lord make me the hunt master: meat is stolen.

mildTea

Learned
Btw Smejki are you happy with the economy balance?

I feel it's way too easy to break it. Often the "stolen" tag disappears way to fast and even if it doesn't fences are too willing to buy it off. Maybe they should have some daily limit or drastically reduced resources or something. And looted armor should be "stolen" too. Plus vendors in general should be much poorer.

Something is just off if you can be sitting on tens of thousands of groschen half-way through the game, without even trying to much.

I have a few ideas that could improve this:
- suspicion – When you try to buy or sell something expensive the merchant should try to refuse the deal. When you just arrive from Skalitz and the next day you are buyng plate armour with stolen money, the merchant should say I think you stole this. Now, if you have high enough speech skill (or similar) you should be able to persuade him/threaten him. There should be progression to this based on the number of quest or some other status measure.
- delayed alert – For example if you sell someone in Rattay something you stole in Sasau the message of the theft could reach Rattay after few days and the goods could be removed from the merchant who bought it. The next time you would try to sell the merchant some other good, he would either decline or demand some compensation before he would do business with you again.
- armour fitting – Somebody mentioned this before and I support this idea of having penalty to the defense stats until you get the armour refitted to your size
- food econonmy - broken by the ability to enter people's houses and eating from their pots. They should notice you much sooner and ask for money or call the guards who would fine you.
- cooked venison/game – The merchant who buys venison should report you if you try to sell him large amounts. Or after selling too much game in the city, the guards should start frisking you looking for game trophies similarly to the stealing mechanics.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think I'm going to play through again once 1.3 is out. This time I'm going for Merciful and Virgin. Can maces be used to reliably knock people out or do I need to trust only my fists?

Is the door bug fixed yet?

He should've ignored them, that's what he should've done. Ignoring SJWs and keep doing what you're doing is the right thing to do. Playing the back-and-forth with them on Twitter is not.

Don't forget most of them are just attention whores, they latch on something famous and popular and kick its ankles until someone reacts...and then they've won. Not paying them any attention is the only thing that drives them batshit crazy.

I still don't understand why no one has yet complained about the lack of POC in Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood.
The people complaining about this were probably still in high school when those came out.

Those are set in Italy. Everyone is a POC.

:troll:

Last edited:
Smejki Can you please answer this: Was the melee combat system "watered down" / simplified during development? The reason I ask is this, it seems like the underlying simulation of melee combat is much deeper than the actual actions available to the player. You have directional combat implemented but it does not seem to matter in the final product: parries are one button affairs, as are master strikes, you do not seem to get any advantage (from my testing) from directional attacks in terms of getting by NPC's parries, only stats seem to matter in that. Feints do not seem to actually be effective any more than regular strikes. Combos are interrupted by decent level foes. So all this underlying complexity seems to boil down to something that is not much more complex than the typical RPG out there (Gothic, Risen, Witcher 3), in that you press one button in a timed manner, and win. I am hoping mods will fix this eventually, but why was the underlying model not fully utilized?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Smejki in the gallows brothers quest (or maybe rock and a hard place) I can't find where the gold for the quarry is to pin it on andrew.. I can't find anyone to drop a hint where it is, and someone told me it was in hard-locked chest.. I lockpicked it and there was nothing there either..

WHERE IS THIS DAMNED GOLD

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Smejki do you know if the game's gamma permanently affecting the system is fixed in 1.3? The only solution to get rid of it is to reboot.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Smejki, what's the deal with the
queen of sheba's sword quest? If you don't assign Pickman to water and ask for reward, you lose his piece and can't complete the quest. It's a big problem because the player cannot possibly know that the piece can only be obtained in that unrelated quest with the bailiff in Rattay and there isn't another way to ge it. Also the player has only been informed about asking to blacksmiths.

Inziladun

Magister
Smejki welcome back.

Are the frequent crashes going to be remedied with 1.3 for us console peasants. Seems to be getting worse the longer the game goes on. I actually rage quit tonight after crashing three times trying to clear out a bandit camp + a few random encounters en route. Crashes seem random so it wasn't one particular area that seems to be causing it. But I definitely have noticed it's gotten worse as the game has gone on. Not sure if it's related to v1.2 but I imagine it's more likely due to the length of my play thru as this seems to be a common theme in open world games.

Ruchy

Scholar
In the Miracles While You Wait quest it seems impossible to get the death shroud by non violent means, even after convincing the snivelling peasant to part with his dead fathers shroud he just wanders off. Has that been looked at?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
~20 hours in. There's definitely far more bugs, I had a couple of quest get completely borked and there's more glitches around. Still love the game though. The main questline is fantastic and there's just something wonderfully atmospheric about the whole experience. It's like no-magic world and lack of supernatural monsters somehow makes it a lot more fun to explore. Most of the animals run when they see you, so you can just enjoy the hiking and sightseeing without constantly having to interrupt your travels or your quests to smash some ghouls for extra XP or whatever.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Smejki, what's the deal with the
queen of sheba's sword quest? If you don't assign Pickman to water and ask for reward, you lose his piece and can't complete the quest. It's a big problem because the player cannot possibly know that the piece can only be obtained in that unrelated quest with the bailiff in Rattay and there isn't another way to ge it. Also the player has only been informed about asking to blacksmiths.
have you tried just pickpocketing him?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Guys,you know the camera is edgy when your dude is drunk? Well it does look a lot more normal when you are on few litters of alcohol .It is a most certain a slav game,it is a nigh unplayable when your character is not drunk!!!! My cammera is always going sideways when i am not drunk in the game.It is a mystery goys, Please fix!

Last edited:

norolim

Arcane
I give it :5/5::1/5: and a negative rating on Steam.

It's beyond me how 7/10 warrants a negative rating.
I think you need to relearn how to count?
To be fair, 6/10 is not generally used on the standard review scale.
1/10 - atrocious - Move this to retardo land.
2/10 - very bad - Fallout III
3/10 - bad - stinking turd
4/10 - below average - unpolished gem
5/10 - average - How to balance a game?
6/10 - above average - shit
7/10 - good - good for what it is
8/10 - very good - at least seven playthroughs
9/10 - great - instant Codex classic
10/10 - impossible - What is an RPG?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think I'm going to play through again once 1.3 is out. This time I'm going for Merciful and Virgin. Can maces be used to reliably knock people out or do I need to trust only my fists?
There are no weapons in this game that knock out enemies other than fists. Maces (including the Bludgeon weapon which is in that category) always kill.
Speaking of the Bludgeon, the Bernard training is a bit fucked since mace is replaced with bludgeon in mace training, and bludgeon is an actual weapon that deals a ton more damage than any other training weapon.

Balor

Arcane
Speaking of the Bludgeon, the Bernard training is a bit fucked since mace is replaced with bludgeon in mace training, and bludgeon is an actual weapon that deals a ton more damage than any other training weapon.

And this is pretty damn realistic. In historical reconstruction fights blunt weapons are usually banned outright because, well, you cannot blunt a mace and expect it to become somewhat safe :).
But for training it could we wrapped in layers of felt or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom