Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Beowulf

Arcane
[...] Here's a better plot hook: the nobles are fucking each other,[...]

You got that fucking right.

Smejki, I have encountered an infinite loading screen after the
interrogation of the prisoner in Merhojed. I did this in this order: I went to the monastery, helped Johanna, gave the antidote to the locals in Merhojed, investigated on the incident for Ser Divish (btw, there's a bug there where neither Zmola nor Leshek appear in the mill) and returned to Merhojed and interrogated the criminal. After the interrogation there's an infinite loading screen.

Did you try using combinations of Alt + Enter, and Alt + Tab when you encounter the infinite loading screen?
The game can switch from fullscreen to borderless for cutscenes and that might be causing your problem.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Not even Oblivion was this bad.
Really, I get what you're saying and you make some valid points, but these kind of stupid exaggerations will just make your whole argument look dumber.
The quest where you have to get out of the castle is crap.
You can literally just step off the drawbridge. Fort Knox this is not.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

- I just spend an hour metagaming the skills and ruined my game.
In fairness, a lot of people are giving tips to train with swords beforehand, so I can see how he might over compensate.

Skills might ought to be capped in the prologue. Meh.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
In fairness, a lot of people are giving tips to train with swords beforehand, so I can see how he might over compensate.

Skills might ought to be capped in the prologue. Meh.

I mean, it's basically a feature of learn-by-doing skill system that extreme metagaming can ruin the entire playthrough. I didn't think that'd require explaining on the Codex of all places.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
WTF!?

I trained with wooden swords for about 45 min in the arena at the beginning of the story (after the prologue) and I have already lvl. 14 in Defence, 7 in Warfare, 9 Sword, 8 Strength??
What is the level cap for skills?
Yeah, you done fucked up.

If the lvl cap is 20, the game is fucked up.

- Guise, the leveling system sucks.
- Why.
:what:

While there is a fair argument to be made about meta-gaming many of the game's systems, it's hardly fair or sensible to be applied when you're trying to get hang of the combat system through training (which the game itself encourages) and that zooms you into OP skill levels in a short time.

Inziladun

Magister
I really want to like this game but it's making it very difficult right now. Aside from the fact that I can't make it through two consecutive quests without crashing I've uncovered a litany of bugs near the end of the game. Seriously the bugs in this game top the likes of Troika and Obsidian.

During the night raid quest after Capon got hit with an arrow, side note this game railroads you so much for something that was touted as a game with supposed choices. Anyway after Capon gets hit and I'm supposed to carry his ass 10 soldiers spawn, literally right on top of you. Have to absolutely cheese the hell out of the tight spaces and mow them down one by one. Meanwhile the combat in this area is completely unresponsive. To the games credit, there are workarounds, for example failing this quest earlier is a proper workaround to failing it 1 minute later... these issues combine with constant crashes have completely killed the game for me. I'm just trying to power through it so I can watch Henry's father die... AGAIN

Beowulf

Arcane
Stupid exaggerations are my specialty, now kindly fuck off, my good sir.:P

Didn't say the quest is hard, just found it half stupid, half funny that one way to get out of the castle is to piss off the guards who, technically, should not allow you out of the castle.

I wouldn't trust the regular, wall leaning guards, to make the most informed decisions:

GrainWetski

Arcane
While there is a fair argument to be made about meta-gaming many of the game's systems, it's hardly fair or sensible to be applied when you're trying to get hang of the combat system through training (which the game itself encourages) and that zooms you into OP skill levels in a short time.
Essentially grinding a tutorial for 45 minutes is not "a short time".

Elex

Arbiter
WTF!?

I trained with wooden swords for about 45 min in the arena at the beginning of the story (after the prologue) and I have already lvl. 14 in Defence, 7 in Warfare, 9 Sword, 8 Strength??

game progression and economics are fucked up.

a better explanation: OPEN WORLD progression and economics are fucked up.

if someone play the game like a linear game and only play the main mission is all fine. but if you start the secondary quest or exploring around (in particular treasure hunting and stealing stuff) or any extra activity balance is instantly fucked up.

Elex

Arbiter
Not even Oblivion was this bad.
Really, I get what you're saying and you make some valid points, but these kind of stupid exaggerations will just make your whole argument look dumber.
The quest where you have to get out of the castle is crap.
you can also get drunk and reapper outside the castle.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
interrogation of the prisoner in Merhojed. I did this in this order: I went to the monastery, helped Johanna, gave the antidote to the locals in Merhojed, investigated on the incident for Ser Divish (btw, there's a bug there where neither Zmola nor Leshek appear in the mill) and returned to Merhojed and interrogated the criminal. After the interrogation there's an infinite loading screen.

Did you try using combinations of Alt + Enter, and Alt + Tab when you encounter the infinite loading screen?
The game can switch from fullscreen to borderless for cutscenes and that might be causing your problem.

I'm on PS4.

Last edited:

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Overly long prologues don't help replayability. In a game that prides itself on different outcomes that's a poor fit. Granted the opposite is the end up like pillars of eternity where it was difficult to care about the central story because it was so poorly introduced.
Well, I wagered on of the first mods would be about skipping the prologue. Guess I'm losing.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The prologue is fantastic. It feeds the plot hook well, explains the setting, teaches you the mechanics, introduces all of the main actors, and it does it all on a fun-sized part of the map that's actually fairly open. "Oh but I don't care about revenge" - nobody cares when they start the game, that's why there's all the cut scenes to make you care.

WTF!?

- Guise, the leveling system sucks.
- Why.
:what:

Yeah bitch! It's wonderful now when all the bandits fall from one swoop of the sword. It does wonders to the gameplay.
Moreover, the game it's retarded even from the logical standpoint, where you receive the same amount of XP while training with wooden fuckin swords the same as in "real" life threatening combat.
What the fuck is metagaming?
I was just trying figuring it out the riposte mechanics and other shits because the controls are pretty jerky.

Besides you being an obnoxious apologist that also wants to be funny, do you have something else on the menu?
God forbid you bring valid criticism on this fanboi infested thread!

PS: The game is also unpolished as fuck!
Artwise, the UI is really nice though.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Overly long prologues don't help replayability. In a game that prides itself on different outcomes that's a poor fit. Granted the opposite is the end up like pillars of eternity where it was difficult to care about the central story because it was so poorly introduced.
Well, I wagered on of the first mods would be about skipping the prologue. Guess I'm losing.

Not a mod, but I think I've seen a "perfect" save file post prologue on the Nexus.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Finally got lockpicking nailed down on PS4.

The trick is pretty simple: find a sweet spot as close to the center as possible. Exit and re-enter the lock as needed.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There are some minor limitations in order to prevent obvious exploits. Exploits will be possible though if you resort to abuse.

Was it ever considered during the development the option to choose in the beginning between Easy, Normal and Hard difficulty? Seems to me this would squash most of the complaints about saving, archery, alchemy, the survival elements etc. Or did Dan and Viktor always wanted to create a hardcore game exclusively for hardcore players? Disregard if confidential.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Stupid exaggerations are my specialty, now kindly fuck off, my good sir.:P
Didn't say the quest is hard, just found it half stupid, half funny that one way to get out of the castle is to piss off the guards who, technically, should not allow you out of the castle.
Can you do that without having been in jail debuff?
Another way is to
Jump down from the bridge then run into the hills to avoid guards that can capture you by seeing you even when you are on the horse and can outride them.

mildTea

Learned
I thought I wouldn't write another interview summary, but this one isn't with Vávra
https://wave.rozhlas.cz/quest-ceska...ady-jak-vnimaji-roky-vyvoje-6705638?player=on

A few tidbits from Interview with Lead Environment Artist and one of the Writers/Quest Designers (J. Holík and O. Bittner)
- there was a minigame planned, where the farms are raided by the bandits and you then investigate and hunt the bandits
- assets for this were made, but the script/programming is missing, so it didn't make it
- will be most likely in a DLC or sequel
- dog companion coming in a DLC
- DLC is already in the preproduction (part of the team worked on it before the release already)
- Bittner doesn't like first-person RPGs, was skeptical, but once the game starting coming together, he found out he actually likes it
- Holík is not a fan of big open-world RPGs in general but likes the game for its settings, etc.

Elex

Arbiter
“god bless you henry!”-“hello henry!”

“hello my name is karl!”

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

Tried again today with no luck, there's still the infinite loading screen at the same spot. When can we expect a patch?

And seriously, these kind of issues in the main quest are not acceptable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom