Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyanide is working on a Paranoia RPG

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The writing will make or break this, no matter what the combat mechanism will be.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The writing will make or break this, no matter what the combat mechanism will be.
If it's faithful to the rpg the first question after starting a new game should be "did you read the manua?". If you answer yes, the game goes blam! and exits immediately.

In other words, you should not be told anything about the mechanics and if you display suspicious knowledge, get punished.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
The paranoid state is normality for the modern man. Every corner is a new opportunity for self-destruction. I cannot wait to dual-wield in Paranoia : the Official Video Game.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If it's faithful to the rpg the first question after starting a new game should be "did you read the manua?". If you answer yes, the game goes blam! and exits immediately.

In other words, you should not be told anything about the mechanics and if you display suspicious knowledge, get punished.
I'd expect a lot of forms to fill in the game, no less.

Paul_cz

Arcane
As one of the five people who enjoyed Cyanide Game of Thrones game I am looking forward to everything they make.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
yFtBWyb.png

majestik12

Arcane
Cyanide's GoT showed that they can get the source material right and make an entertaining lore-friendly story in a given universe. However, the scope of the game will inevitably be very limited, so massive incline is unlikely. Fingers crossed for moderate incline.

Prime Junta

Cyanide's GoT showed that they can get the source material right and make an entertaining lore-friendly story in a given universe. However, the scope of the game will inevitably be very limited, so massive incline is unlikely. Fingers crossed for moderate incline.

Paranoia could work well for a short, tightly-scoped game. What with the mortality rates, campaigns tend not to last very long in PnP either. Plus the joke gets old, eventually.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Given the state of the french video game industry the surprise is its not shittier than it is already. God kings CEO receiving massive public money subsidies . Startups with feodal management and many cases of harassment . They are employing massive numbers of trainee , talented young coders out from school paid half the minimum wage . Those young people should not ever dare to complain and rather they should praise god,be thankful they are allowed to work on video games.
Its not specific to any studio but if you look at cyanide employment offers its for 8-12 months and they dont even specify the wages anymore. Probably for an amount i wont even bother to get out of bed.
Wow, everything is shit.

Could be worse thought, they could have been modders and earn 0$ and not know programming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom