Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God, how I missed Oblivion

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
When we all grow up (cause we are still kids compared to him) we can only hope to have uncle anvi's ability to make quick mature, deep jokes.
Glad you are finally starting to get it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I woke up in prison,
not having a name.
What was the reason
and who, was to blame?

Doors were opened
and I was released.
Not knowing my story,
not feeling at ease.

They took me to caverns,
but nothing went right.
I said all my prayers,
but got in a fight.

Fate was appearing
and saved none but me.
What was my reason,
who was I to be?

my story was starting
and I had not, a clue.
That I beared the markings,
of one hero, true.

The land was on fire,
when portals were seen.
Came out monsters dire,
like none could believe.

My job was so simple,
to save all of man.
I guess I'm a hero,
to all in the land.

I remember those moments,
those caverns and towns.
This land was my totem,
greatest thing that i'we found.

When battles were over
and days turned to months.
I needed to shower
and put on some pants.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I just loaded up Oblivion to remember what I thought was good, and I realized there was something that was fun and unique: breaking into houses. Folks had houses that were equal to their status, reflected their personalities, and seemed unique in their own way. So, a mage with a dark secret, well, their house would reflect it even if you weren't in that part of the story. if the lock was difficult, there was good shit there. Compare with Skyrim, which had just fucking boring houses and boring items, and boring environments. The houses reflected nothing. They were all nice or whatever.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Weeaboo Cyrodiil.

ZTcuu07.jpg

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Never finished it before. Installed it couple of times but uninstalled after prison break. Always compared it to Gothic 3, thought it is shitty clone.
Recently tried it again and i am having fun:lol: I am playing without mods and not doing main quest. Just doing Daedric, guild quests, laughing at ridiculous NPC reactions. Is it bad?

Okagron

Prophet
I like the Dark Brotherhood questline and Shivering Isles. Thieves Guild questline was decent. The rest was at best mediocre.

Level scaling enemies is pretty much my main issue with this game. It actively discourages the player from leveling past a certain level because you can no longer get stronger due to having the best gear. But enemies will just keep getting stronger if you level up beyond that and they become damage sponges that are too tedious to kill.

A strategy i do is make the skills i'm gonna use into minor skills and skills i'm not gonna use into major skills. This way i get max stat boosts every level.

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

I miss Oblivion, but my aim's getting gradually better.

(This joke doesn't work as well as I thought it would.)

Inziladun

Magister
Oblivion was the game that "woke" me. I had so many fond memories of Morrowind as a kid and was pretty stoked when Oblivion was released. The intro music got me so hyped. And then I struggled to make a character not look like a white/blue retarded mess for 30 minutes before just giving up. It was all a drastic downhill from there. I do remember being impressed by the bump maps on the rocks and stone walls though.

I actually ended up getting banned from the elder scrolls forums for trying to convince people that the game was a broken piece of shit. I heard about the RPG Codex on their forums. It was forbidden to link to this site and if you did you'd get banned. Hilarious looking back on it.

Never looked back. As the fur fag, waifu fuckers took over the elder scrolls fandom I found a different kind of degenerate community to partake in.

Okagron

Prophet
Given what i said above, i can no longer play Oblivion, modded or not. I got the taste of much better RPGs.

Plisken

Learned
Some Oblivion screenshots for comparison:
46959-5-1463507031.jpg

46959-67-1463508029.jpg

46959-13-1463990780.jpg

46959-20-1463507483.jpg

This looks lovely and i would like to know what and where to get all this to make oblivion not look an eyesore, but Id bet my last dollar that it runs like shit in comparison to skyrim, even heavily modded skyrim. Thats the other half of the problem with trying to upgrade old games - the engine limitations outpace the hardware advancements.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
This looks lovely and i would like to know what and where to get all this to make oblivion not look an eyesore, but Id bet my last dollar that it runs like shit in comparison to skyrim, even heavily modded skyrim. Thats the other half of the problem with trying to upgrade old games - the engine limitations outpace the hardware advancements.
Not really. That modding isn't even that extreme. It would perform decently but might crash often.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom