Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Radical Heights - Cliff Bleszinski chases the next fad...and goes bankrupt, RIP

mbv123

Arbiter
F276F56544E2A1086BE479397C130BE96A9AB298

:rpgcodex:
I hope this causes a SJW outrage somehow. Cliffy needs a taste of his own medicine.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This game is absolute:prosper:.

Just played a few matches. The first one I dropped into a gigantic untextured building and found literally zero items (weapons seem to be very, very sparsely placed because they want you to have to use the money system to buy them in vending machines), ended up dying after running to the next building over. The second one I dropped in some other untextured building, opened a box and it spat out an M14 and some ammo, I picked up the M14 but all of the ammo was stuck inside the wall and I couldn't pick it up, ended up dying after running to the next building over.

The third game was like 35 minutes long and I saw 1 guy every 10 minutes (while not even ratting), i was just running around looking for people the entire time. The map is way too big, the circle-zoning system that they felt the need to innovate with is just fucking terrible compared to what every other BR uses. Killed a few guys and got top3.

The combat is fucking garbage, weapons feel like shit, you have to tap right mouse button to go into toggled ironsights mode which is really clunky, the movement and jumping is floaty slowmotion shit. Best of all it plays at 30fps 99.9% of the time even on Low settings, it performs like total garbage. Meanwhile in Fortnite I get capped 144fps.

Why anyone would play this over its competitors is a mystery, this game will be dead in a week just like LawBreakers was.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man, gender DLCs is an untapped market. If only Cliff could get the game off the ground he would make a killing just from that.

:cool:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Based on these screenshots, I can safely assume that more effort was put into Goat Simulator than this game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
They should just make LawBreakers f2p with paid cosmetics and lootboxes. And also with LAN, Self-hosting, server browser and bots. Instead they completly abondoned the game after that first shitty week, witch goes to show how much of a cash grab ''passion project'' it really was.
Also also, they should fire Cliff. B. given the fact one of the main reasons LB flopped was due to the man's gravity defying marketing.

Astral Rag

Arcane
f2p
paid cosmetics
lootboxes

Those things are never positive in my book.

Release a good, complete game, and preferable also a playable demo, and sell the game for a reasonable price and then maybe release quality DLC (modern version of the old Expansion Packs) later down the line.

Sell the OST and art book if you want but don't ruin games with nickel and dime trash.

/Old man rant

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
f2p
paid cosmetics
lootboxes

Release a good, complete game and sell it for a reasonable price and then maybe release quality DLC (modern version of the old Expansion Packs) later down the line.
Like they were doing? Plus free DLC/Udates instead. Didn't work out so well.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Because that game was shit too or poorly marketed or ... ? I honestly don't know. I didn't really follow it because I don't care about hero shooters. It does have a much nicer art style and good graphics and it seems to have some soul at least. The same can't be said about this new abomination.

Last edited:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
3,99$ for girl with a dick.
25$ for special access to guy with a vagina.

I mean, it only make sense from a business perspective that the gender that would represent the biggest part of the userbase is priced as the most expensive.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

Release a good, complete game, and preferable also a playable demo, and sell the game for a reasonable price and then maybe release quality DLC (modern version of the old Expansion Packs) later down the line.

Sell the OST and art book if you want but don't ruin games with nickle and dime trash.

/Old man rant
Sorry to say old man but times 'a changing. Lawbreakers was intending to break into the hero shooter market but it didn't work out because anyone that had money was already playing something else and everyone that didn't moved to Paladins. The game was intended to be F2P at first and if it did launch as F2P or at a low price (sub 20$) it could have been successful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom