Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
http://www.shacknews.com/article/10...gations?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Billy Mitchell Issues Official Response to Twin Galaxies Donkey Kong Cheating Allegations
16 April 2018 9:15 am
CHATTY
Written By Brittany Vincent

The former King of Kong has released a new video statement that addresses the cheating accusations foisted upon him.

The disgraced King of Kong allegedly did wrong, and now he's working to restore his tarnished reputation. After a lengthy investigation into Mitchell's supposedly illegitimate Donkey Kong high scores came to a head, the arcade champion has released a statement about the situation. Speaking to Old School Gamer Magazine, for which Mitchell serves as an advisor, he asserts that all will come to light.

Previously, American organization Twin Galaxies had conducted an investigation into Mitchell's scores after allegations emerged that the subject of the King of Kong documentary had, in fact, been utilizing emulation software known as MAME to achieve the scores earned in that very documentary. After concluding its investigation, also utilizing additional information gleaned from a third-party source which Mitchell had cooperated with, Twin Galaxies responded by stripping Mitchell of his scores and titles. They then forwarded the decision to the Guinness World Records committee so they could follow suit. As such, Billy Mitchell was no longer considered the high score holder, with Steve Wiebe taking his place as the first official million point record holder.

Mitchell's video finds him a vision of solemnity, stating that he's been asked to address "things that are recently in the media." He reminds us that he and, presumably, his team will "show that everything was done professionally, according to the rules, according to the scoreboard, and the integrity that was set up."

"Everything will be transparent. Everything will be available," Mitchell states in the video. "I wish I had it in my hands right now. I wish I could hand it to you. But it's taken a considerable amount of time. Witnesses, documents, everything will be made available to you. Nothing will be withheld. You absolutely have my commitment to that. We've been at this since 1982, and it's not gonna stop now."

It remains to be seen what sort of evidence Mitchell has at his disposal to prove his innocence, but this will be the continuation of an already enthralling saga.

Top comment:

O4mrLbL.jpg

:lol:

I'm a bit confused by this. Is the allegation that he actually cheated, or just used an emulator? I guess the whole brouhaha seems weird to me relative to the western shmup scene, where barely anybody owns (often incredibly rare and expensive) arcade boards, and records achieved in MAME are perfectly acceptable for games where the accuracy is good enough.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
http://www.shacknews.com/article/10...gations?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

(...)
"Everything will be transparent. Everything will be available," Mitchell states in the video. "I wish I had it in my hands right now. I wish I could hand it to you. But it's taken a considerable amount of time. Witnesses, documents, everything will be made available to you. Nothing will be withheld. You absolutely have my commitment to that. We've been at this since 1982, and it's not gonna stop now."
:lol:

jg3797ef_g8sxqy_ol9un4.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://ultimacodex.com/2018/04/check-out-suomi-rpg-a-finnish-sendup-of-the-ultima-games/

Check Out Suomi RPG, A Finnish Sendup of the Ultima Games
BY WTF DRAGON · APRIL 18, 2018

TheSuomiRPG3-720x340.png

Suomi RPG, a single-player RPG created by Rayhouse Productions, is described by its developers as “a graphical role-playing adventure in the northern land of Fintannia. Your task in this realm is to collect the 5 pages of Sketch and save the world from boredom!”

As you might infer from that, the game is a mild spoof of the early Ultima games, with a bit of a Finnish twist to it. The game was composed during — and for — the Assembly Summer 2015 game development competition.

You can grab a copy of the game from its IndieDB page, or via the newly-created project entry for it here at the Codex.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://ultimacodex.com/2018/04/check-out-suomi-rpg-a-finnish-sendup-of-the-ultima-games/

Check Out Suomi RPG, A Finnish Sendup of the Ultima Games
BY WTF DRAGON · APRIL 18, 2018

TheSuomiRPG3-720x340.png

Suomi RPG, a single-player RPG created by Rayhouse Productions, is described by its developers as “a graphical role-playing adventure in the northern land of Fintannia. Your task in this realm is to collect the 5 pages of Sketch and save the world from boredom!”

As you might infer from that, the game is a mild spoof of the early Ultima games, with a bit of a Finnish twist to it. The game was composed during — and for — the Assembly Summer 2015 game development competition.

You can grab a copy of the game from its IndieDB page, or via the newly-created project entry for it here at the Codex.

I see that they got their inspiration from SpurguX, or just living in Finland.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LESS T_T Interplay lives!

You have been chosen to join the reckoning - to step into the World of Darkness where humanity is ravaged by vampires and marauding monsters. As a Hunter, you are immune to these beasts' illusions, but with your power comes a daunting destiny; to destroy these evil beings before mankind is massacred. Prey for your life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom