Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans is out now. It also reminded me that Bud is dead. :negative:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans is out now. It also reminded me that Bud is dead. :negative:

Holy shit, I loved their movies when I was young. My uncle had a sat dish (remember those?) and used to tape them for me from German TV on VHS. I enjoyed them greatly, even tough I couldn't speak a word in that awful language.

Will buy for the nostalgia trip alone.

Latelistener

Arcane
peLc.png

qeLc.png

Codex recommends it, so I bought it.

seLc.jpg

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Been a while since decent stuff came out
Soon to be called good for what it is, Battletech gets released.

Frostpunk

Thar be prospers ahead.

A codexian game if I ever saw one

Just what I've always needed

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Codex recommends it, so I bought it.

seLc.jpg

That recommendation was actually made by Angthoron, not me! After it turned out Darkest Dungeon was kind of forgettable I was considering removing it, but it's funny to keep it to trigger Celerity.

It would be pretty easy to make it accurate though. Just trim two or three zeros off the time it takes to get repetitive.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The 7th Circle, "a First Person Dungeon Crawler RPG for hardcore players. Inspired by classic games from the 90s":

ss_932397bb0c47f6322afbde6fe0a1343c26f00154.600x338.jpg

ss_99bb0594a802dc409a636e85e522d1c2dd510c59.600x338.jpg

THE 7TH CIRCLE is a First Person Dungeon Crawler RPG for hardcore players. Inspired by classic games from the 90s, THE 7TH CIRCLE adds new features to renew a classic genre of role playing games.

THE 7TH CIRCLE is a journey into your subconscious; each character, each Alter Ego, represents a different personality, but they all share the same goal: to discover what is hidden in the darkest part of your mind and free it from its demons.

KEY FEATURES
  • Create your Alter Ego customizing attributes, skills, personality, traits and perks.
  • Perma-Death: use only one character at a time. If he dies, you have to create a new one.
  • Unlock new items, resources and power-ups to help future Alter Ego in their journey.
  • 20 huge levels + randomly generated dungeons for tons of hours of gameplay.
  • More than 60 spells.
  • You can craft items, create medicines and upgrade weapons: collect resources and share them between your characters.
  • Turn-based combat. Use different equipment, spells, skills, medicines, throwing weapons and other items to fight your enemy.
  • Secrets, hidden walls and buttons, timed events and a lot of stuff to discover.

Modron

Arcane
Hate to double post but they threw a lot of stuff at us yesterday

Apocryph gets released.

Looks nice but multiplayer only so will probably be dead in 3 weeks

Thought this would be a low effort meme game when I clicked it but watching the trailer made it seem like there might be an okay 3d platformer in there. Granted I suppose that will boil down to level design which is hard to gauge by trailers.

Dark Wish hits early access.

And another dose of prosperous content to cleanse the palette.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Digital version of the popular board game Clue (or Cluedo):

Originally released on mobile.

And ripe for DLC exploitation as this is only the base game - the myriad of Cluedo releases through the years have added several new characters, murder weapons and extra locations.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
El Hijo, "a spaghetti-western stealth game, where you guide a 6 year old boy on his quest to find his mother":

ss_93f6723485a0abfb708cb0b81f876e88985cb567.600x338.jpg

ss_c1a90a9fb70feb93cb5baa14460aca35c48d03ed.600x338.jpg

El Hijo is a spaghetti-western stealth game, where you guide a 6 year old boy on his quest to find his mother.

The game is set in a mythical place of the 19th century that very much resembles the American west, as we know it from Sergio Leone‘s westerns, taking some of its most popular characteristics of outlaw gangs, saloons, cunning, sarcasm, and irony. There is no indication of a specific time, or place. It could be everywhere and anywhere. A shabby old cowboy on a horse leaves her six-year-old son “El Hijo” in front of a monastery in the middle of the desert, with the intention that the monks would bring him up and give him an education. However, the child's one and only goal is, to get back outside and dig out the toy his mother made him bury before entering the monastery.

The player sneaks through three different environments - the monastery, the desert and the villain town.

In every level “El Hijo” is facing different opponents that will require the player to come up with a mischievous master plan to proceed within the game by passing different checkpoints, combining problem-solving (player needs to find the opponent's weaknesses) and memory (the player needs to remember the pattern of how his opponents move).

The further she proceeds in the game the more complex the combinations get.

“El Hijo” is a non-violent stealth game. The violence is exchanged with the mischievous, playfulness of a young child. All bandits, villains, monks and gangs have a cunning way of solving problems and finding law and order.
In the game you:
+ hide in shadows to avoid monks and bandits
+ use toys to distract them
+ travel through three environments: the monastery, the desert, the bandit town
+ navigate within ten levels per environment
+ help El Hijo find his mother

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Star Valor, another one of those top-down space exploration/trade/combat/mining game set in procedurally generated galaxy:

ss_05c76aac87f7e75dd73099e6a03b2a4aff1344d8.600x338.jpg

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom