Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - the final chapter from Eidos Montreal

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I see, if I want to say I work in video game industry yet I also want to show off a Mercedes-Benz, I need to be in the marketing dept.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
This is the gaem where Lara croft turns into the Tomb raider. That means she will stop killing people and will start to explore tombs an ancient civilizations while making crazy jumps and solving riddles. :kingcomrade:

Also there will be a collectible quest where the players must find treasures for money with the final objective of going through a breast implant surgery.

kalganoat

Savant
Puzzles are pretty much nonexistent in the new games. It's shame this will be another uncharted clone with a million collectibles.

Old One

Arcane
I still think it would be funny if they made Lara grossly obese. It should be impossible to climb up a rope or a ledge or make her run more than a few meters before she has to sit down and pant to catch her breath. On the positive side, she could float more easily. They could use the realistic physics as a selling point.

DemonKing

Arcane
I still think it would be funny if they made Lara grossly obese. It should be impossible to climb up a rope or a ledge or make her run more than a few meters before she has to sit down and pant to catch her breath. On the positive side, she could float more easily. They could use the realistic physics as a selling point.

I think even the marketing geniuses at AAA publishers would see that would only appeal to a very niche crowd...

Also you wouldn't be able to see much of the screen with a third-person view which would impact playability.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Making her arab or a nigger is more plausible. They will just say that she likes to go to the beach more frequently.:lol:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
DbuQN7gXkAAYRiq.jpg

DbuZZFYX4AE4kdQ.jpg

Tomorrow will be the official reveal.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I remember getting Tomb Raider 2013 and Bioshock Infinite as part of my bundle with my sapphire radeon 7850 back then.
Friend of mine told me "well at least you'll have a good game" referencing new hot game from papa levine.
Expected absolutely nothing from it. I never liked Uncharted and from what I understood back then, it was Uncharted with Lara Croft - big fucking deal.
Turned out, I had way more fun with TR than Bioshock Infinite.

Well, Tomb Raider 2013 is, indeed, Uncharted. But done right, with an actual level design and way way better gunfights. Needless to say, It's infinitely more pleasant to watch Lara's booty for ten hours than to have to listen to Drake crack sick jokes like "hey that rock is pretty mineral hehe".
Tomb Raider 2013 2 was quite good too. Also the artistic direction was subpar regarding the scenery. There was no level as gorgeous as the shipwrecks coast in the first one.
Good games overall, despite the horrendous "action sequences" which consist of pressing a single button while the camera frantically shakes... fucking degenerate.

Keppo

Arbiter
I remember getting Tomb Raider 2013 and Bioshock Infinite as part of my bundle with my sapphire radeon 7850 back then.
Friend of mine told me "well at least you'll have a good game" referencing new hot game from papa levine.
Expected absolutely nothing from it. I never liked Uncharted and from what I understood back then, it was Uncharted with Lara Croft - big fucking deal.
Turned out, I had way more fun with TR than Bioshock Infinite.

Well, Tomb Raider 2013 is, indeed, Uncharted. But done right, with an actual level design and way way better gunfights. Needless to say, It's infinitely more pleasant to watch Lara's booty for ten hours than to have to listen to Drake crack sick jokes like "hey that rock is pretty mineral hehe".
Tomb Raider 2013 2 was quite good too. Also the artistic direction was subpar regarding the scenery. There was no level as gorgeous as the shipwrecks coast in the first one.
Good games overall, despite the horrendous "action sequences" which consist of pressing a single button while the camera frantically shakes... fucking degenerate.

Tomb Raider from 2011 was indeed great, on the other hand in Tomb Raider 2 some questionable design decision were made. I liked more linear levels from TR1, than this "open world" shit from TR2. 1 was more tight, 2 had too much filler on these semi open worlds levels. TB 1 had better story, i didnt enjoyed story in Tomb Raider 2 i thought it was bloated and boring, part of why i didnt enjoyed it is probably filler which delayed me from doing main story, but i think writing was also worse.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Tomb Raider from 2011 was indeed great, on the other hand in Tomb Raider 2 some questionable design decision were made. I liked more linear levels from TR1, than this "open world" shit from TR2. 1 was more tight, 2 had too much filler on these semi open worlds levels. TB 1 had better story, i didnt enjoyed story in Tomb Raider 2 i thought it was bloated and boring, part of why i didnt enjoyed it is probably filler which delayed me from doing main story, but i think writing was also worse.
I fully agree with the filler in the sequel. Optional missions are boring, the fact they unlock extra stuff makes it extra annoying because it's just too tempting to comply to their fucking fetch quests just in case they'd give you something helpful.
I also like TR2013 more. I think it's 10 hours length was the sweet spot to make it as well paced as it is. I curse the plebs who put in publisher's minds that a good game can't be 20 hours long or less. Especially with games where pacing is so important.

I still enjoyed the sequel though, I like what they did with improvised weapons. Overall, there are a lot more ways to deal with enemies in the sequel, and I think that's where they really improved on the first one. I also liked how the same weapon slot could be filled by rather different weapons. Wielding the kalashnikov and wielding the longshot rifle is day and night.
We could add to its weaknesses that the progression feels just as - if not more - artificial. Crafting is more complicated for little gain in terms of gameplay.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I don't know what people see in the combat and I'm surprised you folks who are always going on about popamole have such nice things to say about it. You're just... auto-crouching the whole time. With this zoomed in forced over the shoulder aim that's better for horror games. It's slow and dumb. Lara Croft should be running and gunning.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I never use the cover. In both games, you can't actually use the cover in most situations near the end. Because, especially the first one, it properly spices things up with each fight. It's way more proactive than actual popamole.
Run n Gun isn't exactly awesome gameplay btw.
If we could have this new gunfight with older platforming instead of scripted, cam-shaking, intense® action sequences, that'd be a great fucking game actually.
I mean, popamole implies that the game forces its rythm on the player. NuTR isn't like that. It's quite the opposite, even more in the sequel.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom