Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Obsidian QA guy is quite possibly the worst dude they could ever decide to work with.
What's next, a writer from Bethesda ?
Makes one wonder how they managed to get him to endorse the black geyser...

- Hi Mr.Urquhart, you might not have heard of us but we're working on a crpg and - for our kickstarter stretch goals - we'd like to know if Mr.Avellone could give us a hand. If I'm not mistaken, he really likes to do that kind of st...

- Avellone is an ass and we won't be working with him ever again.

- huh.. ok. Well maybe Mr.Sawyer or Mr.Cain could possib...

- David Lockwood.

- .. David who ?

- Lockwood. A terrific guy. He's one of the boyz who make sure our games are bug-free.

- ... Alright. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much Mr.Urquhart, maybe we could consider fig for our littl...

- *hangs up*

The more I learn about this, the more I deeply love it.

Last edited:

Epsilon

Cipher
I'll be waiting for the post 14 months from now of how they've run out of cash, and they're really sorry, but they're in talks with an investor and things are looking up, promise.

frajaq

Erudite
Resistance to Arousal Effects: +15% base, +5% per 3 levels
+40% Resistance to Depressive Effects

....huh, looks like it has interesting mechanics at least?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I actually want this to come out. There's basically nothing on the horizon at the moment.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, I don't feel it really important but it is worth noticing how they do not seem to want to include transexual/homosexual romances. Aaaand noone is asking them to.

Mustawd

Thank you!
You have successfully backed Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness for €35.00. This project is one step closer to becoming a reality thanks to you. Help spread the word!

Also, just noticed this...

You will get all previous rewards + digital soundtrack + digital high-resolution wallpapers + ringtones + Tales of Isilmerald Lorebook (PDF). The Lorebook includes the player handbook, a digital art book, and a monster manual with a dedicated chapter for Restless Undead and Animated Undead.

ringtones

Hottie: Is that the Black Geyser ringtone?

Me: Yes

giphy.gif

:shredder: Thank you Black Geyser.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2174032

You are amazing, adventurers!

We are incredibly happy and excited by your contribution. We gathered our party and your amazing support helped us make the first steps. We left the tavern on day one, and now we are out of the castle—ready to venture forth into the wilderness!

We're adding a new, easily achievable stretch goal that includes a LANGUAGE PACK and ADVANCED MODDABILITY support. This pack includes French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian and Spanish. We're preparing a next update with details and will post it very soon.

Are you active in any groups, communities and forums with fellow gamers who love the genre as much as you do? Please tell them about the project. Wolves and goblins await us in the wilderness, and we need your support to reach the nearest town with a good inn and a decent blacksmith!

0cd521f4696bc2fa49c9531f4ad85485_original.gif

:hailcthulhu:

LubomiRTard

Literate
Hope so.

Their ks comment section had this, seems like you get some basic official toolset

@Riotinghamster: Yes, Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness will offer moddability by default (i.e. included in the base Kickstarter goal). Depending on how much we raise, additional options are possible as well. In details:
1) Basic moddability is guaranteed: the game aims to be as user-friendly as possible (you don't need to be a programmer to understand it), but at the same, there will be no powerful toolkits provided by default.
2) Advanced moddability: a new, easily reachable stretch goal that does not change on existing stretch goals, and will provide you a small useful toolkit. We will add this stretch goal soon, and mention it in the upcoming Update as well.
3) High-level moddability: this is a lot of work to implement, so it is planned to be a higher-level stretch goal that will be revealed after the existing goals are reached. It would too early to talk about it.

Fry

Arcane
Wow. The the design and visual style ripoff here is pretty astonishing.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Chris Avellone writing should become a stretch goal. I want an isometric, rtwp, party-based, fantasy rpg with Chris Avellone writing and direction! :)

It would be the ultimate trolling of Obsidian, a once in a lifetime chance!

Ok this has come to an end now; I've have forbidden ALL email notification from this website. Stop spamming my cellphone please.

My boy friend does not work at black Geyser corporation anymore. If Geyser hits a world record someday; though I'm ready to offer insider infos and offer my face. Not now. And need to ask him first though anyhows; an NDA may be in effect and I don't knowif it's applied still. I wish the best for Geyser and those who wish it to fail ----> I wish you all to get a life; you're in a Bubble of your own Fake Reality; the ability to Criticize hardwork of welltrained devs* makes you think you're important. There is news for you ---> the ability to criticize is like your arse. Your opinion's like your arse. Everyone has one, but no one else's interested in it. (No pun intended. ---> Homophobes please spare me with your jokes. Thankyou.)

*such as: my boy friend / Unity3D

Just in the case there're normal people who enjoy Geyser, I've texted my boy friend (he's at work now) on Whatsup; he said there should be a single user you can direct your Questions to: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/rothgor.20306/
your ready to offer your face to the black geyser? Interesting.

Mustawd

wow pillars of eter... nevermind.

Nice ripoff.

I asked them about it:

@Mustawd Sorry to take so long to reply. Part of the issue with games in the same genre in terms of similarity is that they all kind of draw on the same body of work. Black Geyser and other isometric cRPGs owe their existence in a large way to the games that came before them. For us, we draw most heavily on Baldur's Gate for inspiration, and several other current-gen titles do as well. So basically, some UI elements are going to look similar in all games in this genre. It's worth noting, too, that the gameplay video focused a lot on the character and inventory screen, which unfortunately is an area of UI where almost all RPGs share a lot of similarities.

How many different ways can you really show a character with a drag-and-drop inventory space to equip from? Reinventing the wheel here isn't a priority, because it's a formula that works. And the rest of the UI will be distinct enough from other games that the comparisons will be superficial rather than substantive. Players should intuitively know what to click because the interface feels similar (who wants to play a tutorial to figure out how to use menus?) but still have a fresh, new experience.

TBH I dgaf if it rips off PoE.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
wow pillars of eter... nevermind.

Nice ripoff.

I asked them about it:

@Mustawd Sorry to take so long to reply. Part of the issue with games in the same genre in terms of similarity is that they all kind of draw on the same body of work. Black Geyser and other isometric cRPGs owe their existence in a large way to the games that came before them. For us, we draw most heavily on Baldur's Gate for inspiration, and several other current-gen titles do as well. So basically, some UI elements are going to look similar in all games in this genre. It's worth noting, too, that the gameplay video focused a lot on the character and inventory screen, which unfortunately is an area of UI where almost all RPGs share a lot of similarities.

How many different ways can you really show a character with a drag-and-drop inventory space to equip from? Reinventing the wheel here isn't a priority, because it's a formula that works. And the rest of the UI will be distinct enough from other games that the comparisons will be superficial rather than substantive. Players should intuitively know what to click because the interface feels similar (who wants to play a tutorial to figure out how to use menus?) but still have a fresh, new experience.

TBH I dgaf if it rips off PoE.

Yeah allright, sure. But come on, the game looks like a 1:1 copy of pillars, like a weird expansion with downs DLC. How is obsidian okay with this game? I would suspect it infringes on several copyrights in some forms.

Mustawd

Wot? It's just brown and it copies some of the combat log; which PoE already copied from BG anyhow.

If it changed to a bluish black then it wouldn't look like a rip off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom