Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Those CR-Portraits are hideous. They all look like something from an gay 80s renaissance fair, if something like that ever existed.
they all look like this guy:

cK7HmyM.png

only gayer

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
znkhgv.jpg

Problem glasses
Danger hair
Godawful memes
"Fuck the patriarchy!" stare

Tatoos of verdure
Septum piercing of brass
Costa Mesa, California
Better check that privilege or you know she'll get intersectional on your ass

I'm just messin' around guys, we're gonna have the best cRPG of all time with top-tier writing on our hands here in just a matter days. It's gonna be great, and boy am I hyped.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
znkhgv.jpg

Problem glasses
Danger hair
Godawful memes
"Fuck the patriarchy!" stare

Tatoos of verdure
Septum piercing of brass
Costa Mesa, California
Better check that privilege or you know she'll get intersectional on your ass

I'm just messin' around guys, we're gonna have the best cRPG of all time with top-tier writing on our hands here in just a matter days. It's gonna be great, and boy am I hyped.

*puke*

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
i uninstalled deadfire at once when i heard that numales voice. the vision of the target audience in my minds eye was some white lunatic on twitch banging his head into the camera after a swift victory over a purple haired goblin with a crowd of skinny left wing unemployed americans cheering him on with a soylent in one hand, then a grognard commits suicide in his trailer out in the middle of nowhere and some fat worthless weak insecure executive at obsidian takes a few of his wifes antidepressants in a lonely house with all the lights off while shes recovering from her face lift

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
They pulled a rando woman from streets of SoCal and asked her to describe her weirdest fetish then hired as a writer subsequently, what's this studio anymore even? Dumpsterfire is done for, it was a shipwreck from start, destined to fail.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
that sword has same voice as verse from tyranny?

I think it’s the same voice as Maneha from White March; the knockoff Amy Sedaris voice. But I can’t find who voiced Maneha. Verse was voiced by Allegra Clark and I don’t think she was in WM, so I doubt the sword is her.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Ugh... why I am receiving spoilers for I could have a talking sword?
:negative:

Because being a nerdy chick is, like, awsum xD *adjusts non-prescription glasses* ¯\(◡‿◡✿) /¯

I'm allowed to get really, really enthusiastic about stuff and I had to tell someone. Give me attention.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Ugh... why I am receiving spoilers for I could have a talking sword?
:negative:

Because being a nerdy chick is, like, awsum xD *adjusts non-prescription glasses* ¯\(◡‿◡✿) /¯

I'm allowed to get really, really enthusiastic about stuff and I had to tell someone. Give me attention.

Both of them have prescription glasses though..

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Both of them have prescription glasses though..

Oh yeah? Have you seen the prescriptions? I buy Magnum XL condoms, by the way. Naturally, I wouldn't do that unless I needed them for my very large penis.

Horn-rimmed styled glasses frames are a statement, my dude. They aren't called the female fedora for nothing. We've had thin and light glasses frames since I got my first prescription glasses as a child in 1986.

In any event, wearing glasses and getting hired to write for a computer game doesn't make you a "nerd." That makes you a dweeb. Nerds actually have expertise in useful things like advanced mathematics, engineering, etc. This woman's bona fides are writing for no-name "magazines" that are one step above vanity publishing, and absolutely nothing else; I'm not sure where she went to university (if anywhere), but I'm guessing she probably didn't major in biochemistry. I've ferreted out many like her who've been hired to write for developers like inXile and Obsidian. BioWare pioneered the practice. These fanfiction-tier "writers" are a dime a dozen, and I strongly believe they contribute to the forgettable, tryhard and pretentious writing quality found in many crowdfunding-related games. T:ToN fell victim to it hard.

Why am I being mean to these women I don't even know? Must be because I hate women, right? Consider for a moment that it might be because they are walking stereotypes and, more importantly, no-talent hacks. Real mystery why the writing quality keeps not being up to par in these spiritual successors. We just can't figure it out!

Anyway, they should check their glasses privilege. I suffer from a disease called keratoconus, and I have to wear special contact lenses in order to see properly. I can't even wear glasses, not if I want to see without real-life chromatic aberration turned up to Ultra.

Elex

Arbiter
Too bad they ruined warhammer fantasy for me with Age of Sigmar. Honestly fuck games workshop.
so you don’t want an rpg with a party of 6 stormcast eternal?
If I wanted that I'd play fucking 40k. I DONT NEED SPACE MARINES IN FANTASY.
yes you want them! just wait 20-25 years so they can rewrite the entire background!!!!

meanwhile you can enjoi sexual aroused one handed sword.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not sure where she went to university (if anywhere), but I'm guessing she probably didn't major in biochemistry. I've ferreted out many like her who've been hired to write for developers like inXile and Obsidian. BioWare pioneered the practice. These fanfiction-tier "writers" are a dime a dozen, and I strongly believe they contribute to the forgettable, tryhard and pretentious writing quality found in many crowdfunding-related games. T:ToN fell victim to it hard.

She’s the editor in chief of Strange Horizons, which has been nominated for multiple Hugo awards.

TTON had a bunch of great writers involved and plenty of solid ones (MCA, MRY, Ziets, Heine, McComb—I know Colin has his flaws but he’s not some neophyte); what TTON needed was an editor, not a better class of prose stylist.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, "walking stereotypes" and "no-talent hacks" describes the majority of people you can meet, and not only on the Codex.

Now, "walking representations of stereotypes which I personally find disgusting", would be a different thing.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
She’s the editor in chief of Strange Horizons, which has been nominated for multiple Hugo awards.

No, she's the co-editor in chief. There are probably five or six of them, not unlike banks having fifteen VPs because VP sounds impressive to people who don't know that banks have fifteen VPs.

In today's science fiction industry, I don't doubt that they've been nominated for multiple Hugo awards. The list of Hugo finalists is absolutely huge, let alone nominees.

Science fiction is near and dear to me, and I've been devouring it for going on thirty years now. I'm extremely selective about any material published past the turn of the century, and especially any material published this decade, because the quality has gone WAY downhill since the glory days of Isaac Asimov, Ursula LeGuin, L. Sprague de Camp, Larry Niven, Arthur C. Clarke, Greg Bear et al. Sadly, even some of the old greats like Neal Stephenson have gone downhill in these latter days.

TTON had a bunch of great writers involved and plenty of solid ones (MCA, MRY, Ziets, Heine, McComb—I know Colin has his flaws but he’s not some neophyte); what TTON needed was an editor, not a better class of prose stylist.

No, what T:ToN needed was for those guys to do most or all of the writing rather than mainly being a dog and pony show for the name-drop prestige. Had they collectively done the bulk of the writing, it wouldn't have been so disgraceful, even if a baboon had been editor.

Rationalize all you like, but writing is a completely results-based profession and doesn't conform to the requirements of political correctness and affirmative action. Only talent can produce good writing, not wishes and feelings.

Or because you're sad and miserable.
:hug:

Bad writing will do that to a person, especially one who was as bright-eyed and hopeful about the Kickstarter revival as I was in 2012.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom