Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I can't wait them to tell again how all dialogue is voiced and you can indeed customise your ship.

Obsidian is over.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I’m typing this on a phone probably made by a 15-year-old girl working 16-hours a day, 6-days a week for weekly paycheck that is less than what I spend on lunch on an average day, plus I own stock in the company that makes it.

I think my soul will manage through the pain and besmirchment of playing a game made by a company who may or may not have asked a grown ass man to sign an overly restrictive NDA that he had every right and ability not to sign.

So you will do nothing? Apathy is Death.

What I will NOT do is act like a snowflake whose every deeply held conviction has been shattered by some twisted dark revelation.

The Codex acts all world-weary and cynical and the second that the best story-teller of our genre comes to us to a sob story that boils down to your typical company’s HR practices and we’re ready to burn our bras, dye our hair, and protest Obsidian like a bunch of Trigglypuffs

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Exact preload date:

OHMYGAWDOHMYGAWDOHMYGAWD!

THE DUMPSTERFIRE IS ACTUALLY REAL!!1!

REJOICE!

dumpsterfire_poster.png

lol, no it isn't, but this poster is a great summary of this thread for the past god knows how many pages
also, dumpsterfire meme is dead, but I don't care

Jezal_k23

Is it? What if the preload is just malware that will infect your computer and format your C:\ drive?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
UP IN FLAMES.

One of the reviews for the company:

Company has been around 15 years, run by people who've been around 10 more. You'd think they'd know how to run a business by now, but you'd be wrong. Leadership is completely entrenched in old ideas and micromanagement. Despite several close calls in the past, the company has not structured deals in a timely & effective manner to prevent massive layoffs. Any sense of "open" structure is an utter farce - leadership has no time for you on a personal level (despite the facade of an 'open-door policy) meanwhile getting involved on a microscopic level on projects and not allowing the talent they have to shine. Pay is below average, no bonuses. Zero career progression/promotions, spare in-the-trench or if you're a friend or family of an owner. Massive nepotism. HR is utterly incompetent. Owners have explicitly said they don't read reviews and decide raises based on their opinion of you. Due to micromanagement, leadership causes massive delays in projects due to midnight hour decisions or pivoting. Company strategy is to do the same thing for the next 5+ years with little innovation. Executive producer holds all the power.

- Sense owners have checked out. CEO and owners absent a lot (especially this year and last – they’re more concerned about their new houses or renovating their houses than work), two in particular fight a lot, cold war-style (CEO and Exec. Producer) and waste time for months

And many more.

Last edited:

Jezal_k23

Yes. It's genuinely cringey. I don't have another word to describe it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I turn it on and I see two gamergirlz chatting about nothing... and the intended topics are Deadfire and Labo... what the fuck? what a weird combination.

"stay tuned for our live exclusive reveal of Manhunt 3, but first let's have a look at the new Lego Avengers game!"

Jezal_k23

How long must we endure it before the interview begins? I'm not sure how much I can take. I feel my strength fading every second I'm in that place.

Quillon

Arcane
Overcooked!!? you guuuyz! this is my jam!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom