Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline of 'Decline of the Codex'

caliban

Scholar
I've seen the Decline on other forums I've been frequenting for years. It's simple - forums grow old and die, people who know each other and still have something to say go elsewhere to do the talking. They sometimes go back to the old place to throw some one-liners around, but that's it. This is a universal phenomenon. It's got something to do with life, change, the endless Tao and number 42, I think.

No reason to whine and bitch about such obvious things.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Matt7895 said:
STEHE AUF!

The proper expression would be

Codex, Erwache!

1. Codex erwache aus deinem bösen Traum!
Gib fremden Juden in deinem Reich nicht Raum!
|: Wir wollen kämpfen für dein Auferstehn!
Arisches Blut soll nicht untergehn!

2. All diese Heuchler, wir werfen sie hinaus,
Juda entweiche aus unserm Codex Haus!
|: Ist erst die Scholle gesäubert und rein,
Werden wir einig und glücklich sein!

3. Wir sind die Kämpfer der RPG.S.D.A.P.:
Treudeutsch im Herzen, im Kampfe fest und zäh.
|: Dem :codexdevil: ergeben sind wir.
Heil unserm Führer, Heil Vault Dweller dir!

I tried to be one with the Codex but I tried too hard and failed, so now I lurk more. There is a decline of the world, it's running out of happy, it's not just the Codex.

Chefe

Erudite
MLMarkland said:
:SurgeOfTheCodex:

surge_logo.gif

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Decline of the Codex? More like decline of the whole fucking gaming industry and especially roleplaying games. Over the years that I've been a member of the Codex, title after title of disappointing excuses for CRPG have been released, with the gems becoming rarer and rarer. After a while, discussing the same topics over and over again becomes boring since no matter what interesting ideas gets thrown around, the games keep getting shittier and shittier. Of course, the real decline of this place began with Rex's meltdown and the whole Oblivion farce and Fallout 3 will only make things worse.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
StraitLacedDeviant said:
I tried to be one with the Codex but I tried too hard and failed, so now I lurk more. There is a decline of the world, it's running out of happy, it's not just the Codex.
You're not allowed to post anymore SLD, I still use you and your beer & buttsecks meeting with that guy in Germany as an anecdote about why codexers must never meet in real life, and you still being alive hurts the credibility of the story

Joe Krow

Erudite
The moderators are douche bags. Being stupid, it is impossible for them to see (much less challenge) the stupidity of others. The Codex cannot be reformed under their management.

Texas Red

Whiner
Move the FPS discussion to some section in Retardo. I go to General Games only to find 4 threads about this shit genre. Makes me violently ill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom