Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's good to hear Justin is busy birthing the baby, it must've been difficult being pregnant for 9 months and trying to compose for the game.
Be quiet you slavic drug using bi.

Infinitron harvesting racist rating. Even though i have some slavic ancestry.

Last edited:

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That first city with bogs and niggers has a very Louisiana vibe. The dungeon in the same island is pretty cool too. I like what i'm seeing.

Also, Npcs go in and out from the buildings\ inns, that didn't happen in Poe1

Deadfire will be awesome if you ignore writing. Nothing stopped DOS 2 being codex GOTY.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
After watching for a bit I feel like the combat music has taken a massive step back. It has become really simplistic and boring, It feels like a placeholder. I kinda liked the music in PoE 1 but this is just terrible tbh.

Parabalus

Arcane
Video which goes over the class abilities (no spoilers):

The high level stuff doesn't look half bad.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's good to hear Justin is busy birthing the baby, it must've been difficult being pregnant for 9 months and trying to compose for the game.
Be quiet you slavic drug using bi.

Infinitron harvesting racist rating. Even though i have some slavic ancestry.
dude just ignore everything you read LOL

Yes like i did in IWD 1 and IWD 2. Darth roxor will give negative review cuz CA drama + some autistic nithpicking like pen system sucks omg...

Quillon

Arcane
After watching for a bit I feel like the combat music has taken a massive step back. It has become really simplistic and boring, It feels like a placeholder. I kinda liked the music in PoE 1 but this is just terrible tbh.

Since the beta, combat tracks are what I like the most. Pillars 1's tracks are too jarring and got old pretty fast with dat many encounters.

Elex

Arbiter
the ship vs ship combat look like something getting really boring really fast.

Mazisky

Magister

Agreed. I tought they were placeholders since the beta but now it seems they are just that.

Parabalus

Arcane
How do straight +Attribute and +ACC interact with the new buff/debuff system? Are they just their own categories?

The priest Devotions of the Faithful is the same as in PoE1, I thought it and similar spells would have been converted.

Mazisky

Magister
Now he is in a place that is Raedric hold 2.0, that castle look so good

i am spoilering myself the whole 1st part of the game, i hate me but i was so tired of Tikawara beta village that i have to see new places

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Agreed. I tought they were placeholders since the beta but now it seems they are just that.
One lesson I learned from PoE's beta is that if I hope something is placeholder, chances are high that it will not be fixed before ver 2.0.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I don't know if "one of the core game mechanics is bad" would qualify as a nitpick
It would because it's not stoping anyone from enjoying game (autists excluded) and it certanly not stoping anyone from finishing game. I linked video from beta when fury druid over penetrate it scored hit of 113 shock damage.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Why in god's name are you morons watching a stream 3 days before launch. You already know you're playing and buying this, dont' you? All that accomplishes is you're ruining the game for yourself.

Parabalus

Arcane
http://prntscr.com/jducxz

http://prntscr.com/jdudxa

http://prntscr.com/jdueog

Hig level cipher ability just look at this shit?????

Thirds one is beyond good ofc

Haunting chains look pretty bad, the other two great. Too bad the +Pen likely can't be self-cast.

They nerfed Amplified Wave on Ciphers to Normal cast speed, not sure whether :incline: or :decline:.

So if I get the system right, you get +2 points at lvl 19, +1 at lvl 20, meaning you can take 3/6 of the power level 9 skills as a Cipher? Damn, the passives are great too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom