Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
Why

Jezal_k23

The city is not unplayable per se, but the performance drop is there. It's noticeable. Just like Defiance Bay in Pillars. Any time a map gets a little busier (any legitimate city), this happens. I thought they'd have at least improved this.

Granted, the maps in Deadfire seem much busier than those in Pillars, but still. Hoped for better.

Jezal_k23

I don't know, but I doubt specs enter into it. Defiance Bay in Pillars had FPS drops regardless of your specs. I'm imagining this will just unavoidably happen in Nekataka no matter what.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Whatever else you can say about Deadfire, it's attracting some quality fans. https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/1696046342853399556/
Please give him these links, and tell him his problem is completely understandable:

0Z8NkpB.png

aTH2Z0u.png

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I really liked the snapshot portraits from Bioware's hit game, Dragon Age: Origins. They made me feel like my character was the one in the portrait.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know, but I doubt specs enter into it. Defiance Bay in Pillars had FPS drops regardless of your specs. I'm imagining this will just unavoidably happen in Nekataka no matter what.

I had no slowdown in Defiance Bay -- i7 4790k, 8GB DDR4 RAM, GTX780.

Jezal_k23

How did you do that?

I've always had inevitable slowdowns in Defiance Bay and I've proved it before

My PC is the following: i7 4790k, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti.

Prime Junta

How did you do that?

640 x 480, 256 colours

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

How did you do that?

I forgot which one, but there is one specific in-game setting (feedback something or other) that seemed to cure slowdowns in Defiance Bay for most people.

Bocha

Novice
I had no slowdown in defiance bay my pc is> I5 6600k 16gddr4 gtx1080

Jezal_k23

You guys HAVE GOT to reveal your secrets to me - seriously. I really wanted Defiance Bay to play smoothly. I'll look in the graphical options for anything that might be relevant (feedback something? I guess I'll go check).

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
You guys HAVE GOT to reveal your secrets to me - seriously. I really wanted Defiance Bay to play smoothly. I'll look in the graphical options for anything that might be relevant (feedback something? I guess I'll go check).

I barely got any slowdowns either i7-4600k gtx1080.

I did not notice any slowdowns when I played but when I actually checked the frame rate it sometimes dropped to about 50-55~ when a lot of things were moving in defiance bay.

Fry

Arcane
Some people are just more sensitive to frame rate fluctuation than others. I wonder if the people claiming it's smooth have ever turned on a frame counter.

I have i7 4790k 16GB GTX1070 and play at 1200p. Frame dips are obvious, but not enough to kill my enjoyment of the game.

Bocha

Novice
I have checked again- 57-74 frames in defiance bay 79-119 frames in stalwart and others areas, so the drop rate in defiance bay is noticieable

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
So apparently you can flirt as a male with male companions.. I didn't know Obsidian turned into Bioware so fast...

If you can attempt to flirt and get rejected there's nothing wrong with that. In Bioware failure is not an option.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I would have guessed Mr. Avellone, but he has adopted the avatar of the Dark Lord, Darth Nihilus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom