Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Streamer doesn’t use fast mode

Autistically checks inventory every 5 fucking seconds

Takes about an hour to move through a single room in a dungeon

Reads at the speed of a 5th grader

Plays on hardest difficulty cuz ‘bro i’m epic pro gam3r MLG’, dies constantly

Attacks a vase that’s immune to all damage for 5 minutes before realizing it’s not taking any damage

Engages with retard twitch chat

‘HOLD UP LEMME TAKE A QUICK 15 MINUTE BREAK TO THANK ALL THE SUBS AND DONOS’

:badnews:

Game looks like shit btw

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't get how they could turn a likeable and easy-going character such as Eder into a racist and apparently casual rapist. I haven't played yet, so I can't judge at how convincing this transformation is, but it sounds nothing like the PoE Eder.

I haven't watched the streams, so I'm one step further removed than you are. In the old days, a character having a few lines about not liking orlans wouldn't be translated by the developers into said character being RACIST, but once JES made that declaration (and pushed it in multiple interviews), I guess they decided it was fair play to double down and further ruin the character?

Uh he didn't rape her, they were lovers. He had to cover her mouth so they wouldn't wake up the neighbors.
Have we heard her side of the story? Maybe he did rape her

Yeah, Infinitron. We should interview all parties involved to get at the truth behind this terrible incident.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If anybody has spotted Eder saying anything about orlans in the PoE2 streams, do tell.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't get how they could turn a likeable and easy-going character such as Eder into a racist and apparently casual rapist. I haven't played yet, so I can't judge at how convincing this transformation is, but it sounds nothing like the PoE Eder.

I haven't watched the streams, so I'm one step further removed than you are. In the old days, a character having a few lines about not liking orlans wouldn't be translated by the developers into said character being RACIST, but once JES made that declaration (and pushed it in multiple interviews), I guess they decided it was fair play to double down and further ruin the character?

Ruin? or :incline:

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
He didn't rape her, they were lovers.
Indeed.
Seemed pretty clear to me that he was talking about a little adventure of his.
This whole bit is just here to make the female player soaking wet at the idea that, in addition to his beautiful square face, his fondness for animals and his light-hearted temper, Edér indeed does have a big white cock.

You gotta set these romances up, hey.

Also, yeah, he was racist in poe1. The kind of racist who's not ill-intended at all and just has some reflexes from home that are poorly received abroad. Hiravias does lose his shit in a banter with Edér, after the latter tells the former that he's not all that bad for a furry face despite what he's been told or something. He's still a bro, from what I've spoiled myself.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I think no human woman -black, brown, white, yellow, or red- could possibly resist the allure of the BWC (big white cock). No matter what racial politics they flaunt, once you bring that cobra out, the women go weak at the knees.

Elves, of course, have much purer sexual relations.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Also, yeah, he was racist in poe1. The kind of racist who's not ill-intended at all and just has some reflexes from home that are poorly received abroad. Hiravias does lose his shit in a banter with Edér, after the latter tells the former that he's not all that bad for a furry face despite what he's been told or something. He's still a bro, from what I've spoiled myself.

I had a long chunk of text written in reply, but I think the issue may just be that I'm old and my perspective isn't really relevant in today's society. I'll just say that I think everything exists in degrees, and yet our language and terminology often ignores those subtleties, so someone like Eder (or Gimli in Tolkien) who has some racist views is lumped together with people who kill or abuse or harass based on far stronger (and more hate-filled) rhetoric.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Of course someone from California would describe Eders worldview as slightly racist. Because everything is racist. In reality he's just a farm boy from a frontier village. "Ain't seeing much strangers around here, gotta be cautious", as he would say.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Some of the names and terms in PoE's universe makes me feel like I'm the only white guy on a Samoan/African boat cruise.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron

I had a long chunk of text written in reply, but I think the issue may just be that I'm old and my perspective isn't really relevant in today's society. I'll just say that I think everything exists in degrees, and yet our language and terminology often ignores those subtleties, so someone like Eder (or Gimli in Tolkien) who has some racist views is lumped together with people who kill or abuse or harass based on far stronger (and more hate-filled) rhetoric.
There's no issue with you, mate. I yet again poorly chose my words. He's not a racist. I meant to say, that's probably what Sawyer meant by Edér is your racist uncle. Like, he can pull out some reflexions that trigger you (given you're sensible or smthg), but you know he's not Hitler.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
If you put it that way it's a rather bold move to give some light racist viewpoints to the most liked down to earth NPCs in the franchise. So subversive.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Of course someone from California would describe Eders worldview as slightly racist. Because everything is racist. In reality he's just a farm boy from a frontier village. "Ain't seeing much strangers around here, gotta be cautious", as he would say.

Eder makes a mockery out of racists, if anything. All of his comments are in the vein of "I know you're supposed to suck just coz you're an Orlan, but you're kinda cool" . He's either oblivious to a comical degree or slowly coming around. That fits that "funny "racist" uncle type". The crucible knight who first greets you in the keep in First Fires is a real racist IIRC.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I think I wrote this in the thread already. But they got farmboys in California just fine. The coastal cities are degenerate, filled with tech-soyboys, but California itself has large regions which produce an enormous amount of agriculture.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
I think I wrote this in the thread already. But they got farmboys in California just fine. The coastal cities are degenerate, filled with tech-soyboys but California produces an enormous amount of agriculture.

Definitely. You can also go ~40 miles northeast of downtown San Diego and run into racist assholes all over the place. Plenty of nice people too, but way more racism than I'd have expected.

Source: Lives ~40 miles northeast of downtown San Diego.

Hellion

Arcane
BLGrDyJ.jpg

yzWvhEn.jpg

bCYE4R3.jpg

OATmXwO.jpg

Game's ok, I guess.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
:hmmm: He didn't rape her, they were lovers. He had to cover her mouth so they wouldn't wake up the neighbors.

I haven't watched the streams, so I'm one step further removed than you are
Ok, that clarifies it. I guess they haven't changed him radically, from what you're saying.

I haven't watched anything of the streams either.

To those who watch (watchers), have they improved the selection and command responses from party members?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why so many africans and their accent in this game. Spanish accent or african/JAIMAICAN accents all over. OR PIRATEYSSSSSSSSSSS

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I think I wrote this in the thread already. But they got farmboys in California just fine. The coastal cities are degenerate, filled with tech-soyboys but California produces an enormous amount of agriculture.

Definitely. You can also go ~40 miles northeast of downtown San Diego and run into racist assholes all over the place. Plenty of nice people too, but way more racism than I'd have expected.

Source: Lives ~40 miles northeast of downtown San Diego.
Yeah my family has farmed in a region since before it turned 70% Hispanic. Now the whites there can't be too racist or they'd starve.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BLGrDyJ.jpg

yzWvhEn.jpg

bCYE4R3.jpg

OATmXwO.jpg

Game's ok, I guess.
I would pay big bucks in Fig/Kickstarter to have a feature implemented in the game, which allows me to set my character as straight at the beginning of the game, and this hides all the gay dialogue. It's actually already there, it can be made by hacking character reputations. Like adding a reputation: "Likes it straight up: 0", which will eliminate those lines, so I can't see them. It would be heaven.

Uh he didn't rape her, they were lovers. He had to cover her mouth so they wouldn't wake up the neighbors.
Have we heard her side of the story? Maybe he did rape her
You haven't had a woman that likes to put your hand on her throat during sex and squeeze it like you're choking her?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom