Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
I think we should have free choice , we should be able to play alone or with 100 or more companions [ leading true Black Company from G. Cook ], with max 6 members restriction in all Bioware games, becouse leading army of 99 gays will be beyond my tolerance and open mind SJW abilities.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Can you give me a little suggestion?

I finished PoE 1 with 2 huge tanks, Eder and the Pc paladin and they were a nice frontline.

I wanna do the same in PoE 2 but taking a chanter instead of a Paladin as a main pc. Is that viable? Can i make a supertank chanter?
Multiclassed paladin/chanter is a strong combo

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Roxor writes excellent reviews, but I wouldn't lay troubles on the rodent if he, understandably, doesn't feel like spending dozens of hours into the sequel of a game that disappointed him that much.
I sure hope he does though.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I finished PoE 1 with 2 huge tanks, Eder and the Pc paladin and they were a nice frontline.

I wanna do the same in PoE 2 but taking a chanter instead of a Paladin as a main pc. Is that viable? Can i make a supertank chanter?

Chanters are like best tanks lol

bataille

Arcane
I'm only interested to listen about the transgressive plotlines, neutral evil party members, and other tastefully edgy stuff...

Give.

Mazisky

Magister

Multiclassed paladin/chanter is a strong combo

I can't because this way u have no access to the big dragon summon.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Thing I liked when I watched the livestream was that it seems inter-companions relationships seem to be a thing. I don't mean romantic relationship, mind you. Although the screens I've seen above make me fear it'll be a kind of "player-choice-heavy" type of outcome, which have more chance to feel gamey and forced than actually interesting unfortunately.

I did like it when Mazzy and Valygar or Mazzy and Keldorn got along through banters in BG2, or how the black mage and steiner stroke a strong friendship in ff9.
I dig this kind of stuff, I think it's a simple yet very effective way to characterize people, while avoiding to add layers over layers of backstory.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I think we should have free choice , we should be able to play alone or with 100 or more companions [ leading true Black Company from G. Cook ], with max 6 members restriction in all Bioware games, becouse leading army of 99 gays will be beyond my tolerance and open mind SJW abilities.
Absolutely agree about free choice of party size (or at least max 20 companions), I had huge fun playing in Arcanum and using dominate will + reflection shield, having half of in-game NPC under your command was hilarious.
becouse leading army of 99 gays will be beyond my tolerance and open mind SJW abilities.
Hey, it can be fun, but if only you can make these guys (by using surgery and implants):
iu

Just imagine face of "main bad guy", when he find out that he surrounded by thousands of screaming headless suicide bombers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As I dropped anchor into the shimmering waters of Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, I found there was far more that felt familiar from having played the first Pillars game than there was different.
Profound. Why don't the Codex's reviews have such great hooks?
It is one of those universal mysteries. Still i look forward to Roxor's review.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom