Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Colin McComb and Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie have left inXile

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
What can change the nature of a man? Making a sequel.

Darkzone

Arcane
I only remember the Rodia brothel where there was a hooker in the first room, a hooker in the second room, and in the last room there was a goat.
To this day I wonder if this was a bug or subtle shout-out to oppressed zoophilacs.
This was a tribute to Arcanum, silly.
So the oppressed zoophilacs were already at work in Arcanum?
Conductor, this person clearly needs a few educating months at the Watchwitz.
Hey. You made the claim that the zoophilacs are connected to Arcanum and not me. Because i cannot remember Goatfuckers in Arcanum. It can be that i have missed or that i have forgotten (willingly or unwillingly) some specific content, that has evoced your interest and that you have quite clear in your memory. And therefore i have asked this as a question.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I only remember the Rodia brothel where there was a hooker in the first room, a hooker in the second room, and in the last room there was a goat.
To this day I wonder if this was a bug or subtle shout-out to oppressed zoophilacs.
This was a tribute to Arcanum, silly.
So the oppressed zoophilacs were already at work in Arcanum?

Conductor, this person clearly needs a few educating months at the Watchwitz.

Where was the goat thing exactly? Arcanum was my gaming-on-speed days.

Darkzone

Arcane
Tarant. It was a sheep though.
Still no ringing bells, can you be more specific. I remember much from Tarant, like the Gentelmen's Club, Train Station, Docks, several Residences, the Museum (some dragon skull exhibit or so) and even the Sewerage, but no sheepfuckers. There was a brothel were i had to retrieve some medallion of sorts. Was it perhaps there? It seems that the sheepfuckers made quite the impression to remeber them.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tarant. It was a sheep though.
Still no ringing bells, can you be more specific. I remember much from Tarant, like the Gentelmen's Club, Train Station, Docks, several Residences, the Museum (some dragon skull exhibit or so) and even the Sewerage, but no sheepfuckers. There was a brothel were i had to retrieve some medallion of sorts. Was it perhaps there? It seems that the sheepfuckers made quite the impression to remeber them.

The brothel in Tarant—madame Lil’s? If you ask for something more exotic than the girls they bring out belle the sheep.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I maintain my viewpoint that employing disoriented social justice warriors as writers is a bad business move. And this statement will be proven true. We will do something to reform this aspect of the game industry.

At least someone out there in California realizes this and that something must be done about it. My personal solution would be along the lines of Lex Luthor's proposal in Superman I, but I suppose most people would consider that too extreme.

I can't help but think it likely you'll just be blackballed from the industry as a subversive wrongthinker, though. It really is still a mystery to me why people don't just use their backbones and tell SJWs to fuck off, but here we are.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I need to read everything before having an opinion on it. I did offer Chris a job in 2015 but he couldn't take it because of the then-current happenings, so obviously I think highly of Chris.
Since Chris Avellone currently seems to be looking for a change of pace professionally, is there any possibility of you, Chris, and the world-famous Cleve "Cleveland" Blakemore founding a new company to produce CRPGs?

Especially if you can snag the "Apocalypse Now" title for Cleve's new "Apocalypse Bug-Out" game (which looks interesting, but the title needs more pizazz).

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
I need to read everything before having an opinion on it. I did offer Chris a job in 2015 but he couldn't take it because of the then-current happenings, so obviously I think highly of Chris.
Since Chris Avellone currently seems to be looking for a change of pace professionally, is there any possibility of you, Chris, and the world-famous Cleve "Cleveland" Blakemore founding a new company to produce CRPGs?

Especially if you can snag the "Apocalypse Now" title for Cleve's new "Apocalypse Bug-Out" game (which looks interesting, but the title needs more pizazz).

I already unendorsed Apocalypse Now over half a year ago.

I believe you need to re-evaluate your pitch.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
king-cruiser-wreck1.jpg

I'm looking forward to WL3 though. Not expecting much - so if WL2+ level - i'm good.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I've really enjoyed Numnum, the vision behind it, what the devs attempted, was too majestic not to admire. Pity it didn't get there, but it was still miles better than PoE1 (but then again, what isn't? Maybe Lionheart).

Trashos

Arcane
The sheep in Tarant's brothel made perfect sense. The world started industrializing, people moved from the farms to the big cities to work in the factories, and some missed their sheep.

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
<Edginess of a melon>

But yeah. After such a promising entry, Colin kind of fizzled out. Not gonna lie, but his work and vision for Tworment were really terrible. But still, knowing how all the bigwigs have turned out to be hacks recently, except Avellone, I guess, it was not a surprise.

What do you mean "except"? Avellone hasn't done anything good since Torment (Kotor 2 is shit and so are you if you disagree). it's obv avellone is a one hit wonder. his particular obsession with subversion worked out for him then because of the weird setting. It doesn't work in anything else and he hasn't grown as a writer since.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
I didn't mind wasteland 2 although I didn't manage to finish it I still sunk like 40 hours into it. Wasn't anything special but was better then alot of the crap that's come out in the last decade to where I didn't regret buying it.

Just by looking at the previews and gameplay of Torment I could tell it wasn't for me and wisely passed. Good luck to inexile but realistically I think after Bards tale 4 tanks and Wasteland 3 disappoints they're gonna be cooked when it comes to making RPG's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom