Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Detroit: Become Human - new David Cage game

Deathsquid

Learned
Actually, how many movies have the big black man and one smaller woman and one kid that is typically not chinese? This got me thinking.

yw4hlST.png

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does anyone knows any decent game reviewer,i have runned out of them,some die from asscancer others just show how much of a sjw they are.

WorthABuy isn't bad. He reviewes mostly normie or boring indie games but at the time when everyone was screaming about Kingdom Come being racist for not including any blacks he posted a glowing review and, untypically, added an amazing rant against the triple A industry and the press. Again, he spends too much time on games I don't give a shit about but he's definitely a straight shooter and he probably despises SJWs.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
WorthABuy isn't bad. He reviewes mostly normie or boring indie games but at the time when everyone was screaming about Kingdom Come being racist for not including any blacks he posted a glowing review and, untypically, added an amazing rant against the triple A industry and the press. Again, he spends too much time on games I don't give a shit about but he's definitely a straight shooter and he probably despised SJWs.
Yeah,i watched him for some time. He is far too subjective,it could get very annoying some time. My problem is that he is not talking more in depth about the games and focuses on a single thing that nobody cares. Also he doesn't know shit about some game genres and yet it talks about them. Oh another thing,he likes the battlefield trailer :lol:

Xeon

Augur
I liked Cohh's thoughts or review of the game after he beat it.

He says its a good CYOA but its not a game or something.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah,i watched him for some time. He is far too subjective,it could get very annoying some time. My problem is that he is not talking more in depth about the games and focuses on a single thing that nobody cares. Also he doesn't know shit about some game genres and yet it talks about them.

Well a good reviewer HAS to be subjective and opinionated and your job then is to find those with tastes aligning with yours. Nobody wants pussy-ass milk'n'toast sunny happy reviewers who never say anything bad about anything.

And reviewers not knowing shit about some genres is precisely the reason "general purpose" reviewers are fucking useless. That's why I don't really watch WaB because if I wanna see a review of my favourite genre - like a new 4X or RPG - I go watch a specialized channel, preferably not a stupid 10 minutes review but an hour of commentated Let's Play.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well a good reviewer HAS to be subjective and opinionated and your job then is to find those with tastes aligning with yours. Nobody wants pussy-ass milk'n'toast sunny happy reviewers who never say anything bad about anything.

And reviewers not knowing shit about some genres is precisely the reason "general purpose" reviewers are fucking useless. That's why I don't really watch WaB because if I wanna see a review of my favourite genre - like a new 4X or RPG - I go watch a specialized channel, preferably not a stupid 10 minutes review but an hour of commentated Let's Play.
Yup,i agree with you,subjectivity is good,but his is pretty meh.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh the game is political,but future political. It raises the important question "Do murdering toasters have souls?" .

cvv,yeah karak is pretty much an sjw cuck....but more grounded one,and tries not to bring it in the games. Does anyone knows any decent game reviewer,i have runned out of them,some die from asscancer others just show how much of a sjw they are.
You look at IGN, or Polygon, find all games that got low score, then look at metacritic to confirm they are sufficiently great and did something that pissed of the reviewer to give great game bad review.

A decent site for RPGs is RPG fan.

Wait did cvv actually use youtube for reviews? That's like millenials do. You use youtube for noncommented gameplay videos, but of course that kinda spoils first few minutes of game, because you see tactics instead of inventing them yourself.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You look at IGN, or Polygon, find all games that got low score, then look at metacritic to confirm they are sufficiently great and did something that pissed of the reviewer to give great game bad review.

A decent site for RPGs is RPG fan.

Wait did cvv actually use youtube for reviews? That's like millenials do. You use youtube for noncommented gameplay videos, but of course that kinda spoils first few minutes of game, because you see tactics instead of inventing them yourself.
Oh i don't need it for information,i can recognise a shit game just by the trailer. I am looking more of something to watch while eating breakfast with a cup of black tea. Also is your picture a question mark,or am having some fucked up plugin?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So today I was buying Yakuza Kiwami off PSN, and then PSN tries to hawk me a David Cage game.

I don't think I have ever before been so viciously insulted in my entire life.

ArchAngel

Arcane
After watching on twitch/youtube both the peaceful and aggressive ending that has androids win (also I watched on multiple twitch channels most of the game) - this game is certainly political.
This has direct parallels with todays racism and immigration issues. And a lot of them like a black woman saying she is helping androids because her people were is similar position in the past.

At no point in the game did I see a good argument for eradication of androids. Nobody presents any arguments, only hate. Nobody even tried. It is hilariously one sided.
There was no arguments from humans for keeping them alive, only argument used is "public opinion". This game is so shallow it is incredible and I am pretty sure it was written by dangerhairs and their ilk.

And this criticism is coming from a left wing person (not in USA sense) that actually wants equality between human races and does not have a problem against logical and controlled immigration (even if they are muslims).

It is a bad bad story. British show Humans is a much better version of a very similar story and setup.

Last edited:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
At no point in the game did I see a good argument for eradication of androids. Nobody presents any arguments, only hate. Nobody even tried. It is hilariously one sided.
There was no arguments from humans for keeping them alive, only argument used is "public opinion". This game is so shallow it is incredible I am pretty sure it was written by dangerhairs and their ilk.

Little spoilers ahead, take care:
Probably the most retarded aspect of the game is reason why Androids feel emotions: There isn't any. Even creator of them says only some bullshit like "error in code". Yeah, beceause of an error Androids started to behave exactly like humans. Probability of your smartphone developing conciousness are as high.

There is literally no reason why people should think that android became self-aware, the possibility of hacking or breaking in to create some sort of botnet is much more possible. Holy shit, Androids during protests even act the same exact way.
Not even mentioning that when Marcus starts to gain followers from the streets it looks exactly like stealing. These Androids don't look as if they became alive. They look as if their owner changed. They still behave like robots, just someone else is directing them.
Marcus is not awakening them, he is creating his own botnet.

It's also important to mention that according to the story all not "awaken" Androids are NOT ALIVE, they dont feel any emotions, they are like walking fridges. That "emotional scene" when we have to decicide if we want to shot Chloe (that blonde robot that belongs to creator of Androids) has no fucking sense. She even behaves more robotic than every other Android seen in game. And we are getting judged by everyone for shooting her. It's like destroying fucking toaster, literally the same.

They are moments in this game when writting is nothing short of abysmal.

But there is one thing D:BH should be praised for: it's a movie where player creates story. There are tons of choices (some of them are stupid, some of them irrelevant, but still") and multiple endings. It's much more advanced than The Walking Dead or Beyond:Two Souls. The genre made progress with this game, and games as whole beceause of graphics.
I am happy this game exist, even if it's not very good.

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
This game is so shallow it is incredible and I am pretty sure it was written by dangerhairs and their ilk.
You underestimate the genius of David Cage. He shaves himself bald because he naturally sprouts rainbow locks. This is actually the kind of thought he puts into social issues he hears about.
Then he goes back to fully modeling women's pussies and hiding them in his games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The whole thing was created to create some emotional response in players that falls apart as soon as you spend 10s thinking critically about it.. but I guess todays kids are too retarded for that. I bet if you replaced their human looking heads with terminator robot head the players would all reject the game LOL

Drakron

Arcane
But there is one thing D:BH should be praised for: it's a movie where player creates story.

Yes but the story is bad as you pointed out makes little sense, in fact we have Kara that is entirely disconnected from the main plot and serves no real purpose, hell the only Human-Andoid relation in the game ends up being Connor and Hank as all others end up being underdeveloped or red herrings.

Also from what I see, its still have the trademarked David Cage terrible bad on purpose controls, QTE should had died with arcade machines, it ends up being a mediocre story with awful controls despite that yes, you can get different story progression based on actions and decisions made earlier on but you cannot have a radical different story, in a way Kara ends up being the one with most endings since her story can end before the final arc and there are at least 2 very different ending settings that also branch out.

But still, its like playing a choose your own adventure book ... with the pages being glued.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
in fact we have Kara that is entirely disconnected from the main plot and serves no real purpose, hell the only Human-Andoid relation in the game ends up being Connor and Hank as all others end up being underdeveloped or red herrings.
Actually, without Kara the story would feel more sterile, it was needed to show that Android are so "human" and got "muh feelings".
We don't get that from Connor, barely getin that from Marcus beceause he's generic hero af with mandatory romance.
That's why Kara was needed, for balance. She's like emotions only character. It should probably be more sticked with everyone's story (and better written), but I understand why they went for it and what they wanted to achieve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom