Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favorite character class to play?

Jason Liang

Arcane
NO POLL?!?

Persephone-the-olympians-12475519-520-787.jpg

ello-optimized-2df73ae1.jpg

004.jpg

fairy-wallpaper-fantasy-forest-fairy-wallpaper-of-fairy-wallpaper-1024x640.jpg

women%20paintings%20silent%20digital%20art%20glow%20anime%20manga%20sakimichan%202000x1210%20wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_87.jpg

95b5ccca7c7e608d4a7720d0f2394a5a.jpg

Snap_KwN3UlJTPH624495269.jpg
Sneaky Druid for fantasy, usually based on Persephone (female, life/ death caster) usually Elf (long lifespan) but halfling for NWN.

Sniper Assassin for scifi/ WoD/ AoD - Qinalo (Alesio Qin, female, Latina/ Asian mixed ancestry, religious/ spiritual, drug addiction, Queen of Blood Diamonds, serpent themed). STRIKE HARD. STRIKE FAST. NO MERCY.
Geisha Assassin when available - Xi Ravenhair (female, human, oriental)

Also fond of:
Female Oriental Pirate Wizard Ninjas (Sawa Scarlet)
Female Necromancers
Gorgons
But games usually don't do these well (besides Path of Exile for Witch)

Last edited:

Citizen

Tricky powergaming multiclasses, that make no sense outside the game's system. Or paladins.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Monks. There’s something special about punching dragons, Gods and other creatures in the face.

Beastro

Arcane
Sneaky type though not rogues.

Snipers when it coms to guns.

Necromancers.

Often just pure melee builds because of the samey feeling most mages are to me except Necros, plus how mages are usually OP in fantasy settings, melee adds more of a challenge.

deuxhero

Arcane
In games without a party or without a party you can count on being of consistent composition: Moderately skilled fighter who can buff himself and heal himself as it's rarely a bad build in any game that allows it. Exceptions are made if a game has a good magic system (or at least interesting spells like in Original Sin) then pure wizard.

frajaq

Erudite
Fighters or Evil Paladins types (Bleak Walkers in PoE setting)
Heavy armor
Two-handed weapons

Don't know what I'll do for Pathfinder: Kingmaker though, I hear Fighters get kinda useless as the game goes on? Might have to change my usual class-to-go this time...

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Dwarf
Cleric (D&D style) or paladin, with the biggest hammer possible. Or an axe. Or both.
Coz kind word and a hammer always work better then just a kind word.

Freddie

Savant
Back in PnP days warrior classes and clerics were my favourites. in cRPG's... I don't really play D&D or even Swords and Sorcery type of games so I often go with sort rogueish character or character that has function in party. In battles it may be support but on other tasks something where he really shines. Sometimes though it's even a bit forced. Player char cha in Shadowrun series is only cha that counts, for example.

Edit: I found I get way more out of games when I use different classes / builds in different playthroughs.

Tigranes

Arcane
Does it please your groin to fawn over "oh I am big boobed frail waif looking wistfully at thee also totally mysterious and sexy strong" portraits when you should be playing a gruff mountain dwarf like god volourn intended

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Does it please your groin to fawn over "oh I am big boobed frail waif looking wistfully at thee also totally mysterious and sexy strong" portraits when you should be playing a gruff mountain dwarf like god volourn intended

We need posters like Jason Liang. Else this place would be too high brow.

Ocelot

Learned
Paladin. It combines melee combat with magic and I like the angry crusading/smiting/vengeful theme. Plus you get to smash things with a hammer, flail, morningstar or mace. Pure bliss.

Also any other class that is a battlemage. I finished oblivion with the custom "battlemage" class and it was pretty nice (the class, not the game).

Gulnar

Scholar
Drone controller > Necromancer > Summoner > Wizard/Cleric hybrid > Rogue/Wizard hybrid.

vazha

Arcane
Barbarian / Berserker, dwarf if possible, specialized in hammers or axes. I don't think I've ever played a rogue, I avoid them even in party-based rpgs. If its a must for thieving/lockpicking reasons, I usually make a crossbowman / swindler type character, never a two-dagger sneaky freaky assassin.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
23716.jpg

Like nicking shit and having actual skills!

PS:Shame on you for not adding a poll!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom