Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D 5E Discussion

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Fucking SJWs. Don't people realize that out of all the modern social "isms" movements, transgenderism is most likely to be based on mental illness than any of the others?

At most, 1% of the people who go through gender reassignment really actually suffer from the brain-body issue where the brain is one sex while the body is the other. The rest of it is all mental illness.
These people should be pitied, and if attractive, fucked. Majority are ugly as hell and do NOT find happiness in their new roles unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, I support doing whatever, but a lot of this isn't based on healthy and rational decisions, it's based on sickness.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Whatever. It's a fantasy game and the IP is theirs to rape in whichever way they feel like. It's not like it wasn't going to happen at some point anyway.

If you can't stand it, just don't give them any money. I know I haven't since the glory days of 3.5.

Lhynn

Arcane
If you think any hobbie can escape [current year] you are insane. 3.5 system was toxic garbage made by an incompetent cuck.

Archibald

Arcane
I don't know, don't really care about some shirt being released that you can buy... like why would you even buy DnD shirt in the first place?

Sacibengala

Prophet
If they really could understand the LGBTEverything community, their world and lore would not be so sterile and boring as it is. Diversity is much more than gay couple in some quests and illustrations with people with different kind of faces and skin color. Try to search diversity in the culture of the wizards staff, I bet you will see much less colors than in that shirt.

Sacibengala

Prophet
I got the opportunity to buy the limited reprint of the ADnD first edition from a dude on the internet. It is actually cheap in comparisson of what I saw from other vendors, but it is still money that I don't have much to spend. Do you guys think that is worth buying? I want it to play some OSR stuff (it can be done?) and to keep it in my collection as well. (I have the basic 3.5 and 5th editions)

nikolokolus

Arcane
I got the opportunity to buy the limited reprint of the ADnD first edition from a dude on the internet. It is actually cheap in comparisson of what I saw from other vendors, but it is still money that I don't have much to spend. Do you guys think that is worth buying? I want it to play some OSR stuff (it can be done?) and to keep it in my collection as well. (I have the basic 3.5 and 5th editions)
Are you a collector? That's the only reason I can think of to buy those AD&D books. Otherwise all of that stuff is available for cheap on RPGNow.com as a PDF.

If OSR adventures are your main focus, then D&D 5e is workable to play them, or you could get something like the B/X Essentials books, which are extremely well organized (and dirt-cheap), or any number of retroclones, most of which have low-cost/free PDFs.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
OSRIC is the original AD&D retroclone, if you want a hardcopy of 1e specifically while saving some bucks. That said, the 1e DMG has a lot of useful idea-generator type material in the appendices (and scattered throughout the rest of the text, because logical organisation wasn't invented until 1989) that may not be found in OSRIC.

Also, yes, it is a playable game, barring the obviously not playtested psionics and the weird initiative rules. I'm playing it now with a group composed entirely of people who have never played any RPG of any sort other than some JRPGs and things are going fine (although I must admit I'm using Basic's 'bell-curve' ability bonus arrays and reaction/morale rules, as well as 2e's initiative system).

Theldaran

Liturgist
OFFTOPIC: Any news on D&D promised computer games for the near future? I think it was said they were preparing like half a dozen of them.

catfood

AGAIN
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0786966599

61H-Pp6CM0L._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

DND + MTG = LOVE ?

I'm surprised it took them this long to do something like this. Fine by me, because some of the MTG universes would be awesome to play in as a P&P campaign.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The only DND edition I acknowledge is Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom