Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.hitman.com

No, not Silent Assassin, this is the new game after the episodic Hitman game. Now it's all but officially announced: https://old.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/8olqwb/confirmed_the_announcement_is_hitman_2/

UAqaci7.jpg

There will be an official announcement in June 7th:

Apparently there was a Dutch article that leaked its existence before these tweets, and it says this will be released in November. No confirmation about release format (episodic or not) yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderbar

Arcane
SW Battlefront, SW Battlefront 2, SW Battlefront, SW Battlefront 2.
X-COM, X-Com Terror from the deep, X-Com... ... XCOM 2.

Hitman Codename 47, Hitman Silent Assassin, Hitman Contracts, Hitman Blood money, Hitman Absolution, Hitman... Hitman 2?
What a stupid trend. At least call it Hitman: Season 2 or something:M

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's a symptom of wanting to eat the cake (brand recognition) and keep it (don't confuse retards into thinking they 'have' to play the old games and 'get turned away' by 'obsolete' gameplay). Also helps in all of the google searches of the old game giving visibility to the new game.

Always at war with Euroasia.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh fuck, we are getting a countdown and teaser for the announcement? What is this, Avengers 6?

Ocelot

Learned
Another potentially good Hitman game, nice. Episodic content, not so nice.

SW Battlefront, SW Battlefront 2, SW Battlefront, SW Battlefront 2.
X-COM, X-Com Terror from the deep, X-Com... ... XCOM 2.

Hitman Codename 47, Hitman Silent Assassin, Hitman Contracts, Hitman Blood money, Hitman Absolution, Hitman... Hitman 2?
What a stupid trend. At least call it Hitman: Season 2 or something:M

It bugs me to no end. That and the whole "reboot" trend.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

A lot of butthurts in replies this is not the Superman game from Rocksteady.

(Of course the Superman game, if there is, is likely to be revealed in a big show like Sony or Microsoft conference. Probably Microsoft? Because Sony has Speiderman game.)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's live.

Trailer:

And Steam page is live:

PC_Silver_Gold.jpg

Travel the globe and track your targets across exotic sandbox locations in HITMAN 2. From sun-drenched streets to dark and dangerous rainforests, nowhere is safe from the world's most creative assassin, Agent 47.

Prepare to experience the ultimate spy thriller story; your mission is to eliminate the elusive Shadow Client and unravel his militia, but when 47 learns his target's true identity and the truth about his past, it changes everything.

HITMAN 2 introduces new ways to play, new game modes and new features, including the new Sniper Assassin mode with franchise first co-op play.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
PowerTorment , now is my chance to ask someone who might answer me this - why does everyone feel obliged to put shitty songs like that in their trailers of games? Is it just because movies also do it? Why imitate the shitty aspects of another branch of the entertainment industry?

Sentinel

Arcane
Cool.

But do guards notice blood trails this time around? Can you take people hostage?

Sentinel

Arcane
Has 47 successfully executed Denuvo or will it still creep around my machine spreading its HIV virus?

Vibalist

Arcane
So there is a normal edition (60 euro), a silver edition (80 euro) and a gold edition (90 euro). The Steam page doesn't say what the difference is between them, but I would assume something pretty substantial (or not, seeing as the industry is what it is).

Do IOI actually expect me to buy the Gold Edition before even knowing what I get for my money?

Sentinel

Arcane
So there is a normal edition (60 euro), a silver edition (80 euro) and a gold edition (90 euro). The Steam page doesn't say what the difference is between them, but I would assume something pretty substantial (or not, seeing as the industry is what it is).

Do IOI actually expect me to buy the Gold Edition before even knowing what I get for my money?
nCkkKqZ.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom