Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jeff Vogel goes to Kickstarter for his next game, Queen's Wish: The Conqueror

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Smart move by Jeff Vogel. Kickstarter and Patreon are the best ways to monetize small but dedicated fanbase - he will probably get a better ratio of $ per sold copy on this game, than any of the earlier ones.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh Sawyer is about to announce, any day now, that he is making IWD3, which will be even better than the best game in the world, IWD. Even Grimoire can not compete.

It's turn based. Count me in. It also looks to have a better story than Planescape Torment. I am looking forward to this.

Jeff Vogel is a living legend. Jeff Vogel makes Chris Avellone look like a puppy.

Jeff Vogel reminds me of Richard Garriot. Anyone else think so?

ISWYDT

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Not to point out the obvious here, but if anyone of you has something against Vogel's status as a living legend, there is something you could do about it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not to point out the obvious here, but if anyone of you has something against Vogel's status as a living legend, there is something you could do about it.
Assume his identity and milk the status for all it is worth?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You're going to make me say it, aren't you?

living legend

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You're going to make me say it, aren't you?

living legend
Okay, I get it now. Use voodoo to turn him into your own personal zombie. With luck you can then convince him to upgrade the graphics or something.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looking at the analytics of the campaign, it seems fairly obvious that pledging came to a halt. Not the biggest problem, since Vogel already met its goal, but he won't get more money. It seems it's true that only his long time fans pledged and supported his project.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Blame piracy.
Looking at the analytics of the campaign, it seems fairly obvious that pledging came to a halt. Not the biggest problem, since Vogel already met its goal, but he won't get more money. It seems it's true that only his long time fans pledged and supported his project.

gaussgunner

Arcane

If you read his blog at all (preferably in the Jeff Vogel Soapbox Thread) then you know he's so "old" and out-of-shape that all you have to do is wait.

gaussgunner

Arcane
The problem with this pitch for me is that premise isn't exciting for me.
I remember Avernum - wow! underground world, vast, sort of Australia in underworld with it's own eco-system, history...
Geneforge - just WOW, science, magic, cool.
This doesn't feel excating at all - queen? Welp...
Yeah, look bland like Avadon.

A Queen watching her empire falling into decline, raped and pillaged by orcs and elves - yes, elves - and just letting it happen like the cucks they are. Ex-CIT-ing!

Wait, wasn't that what happened in Avadon, under Redbeard instead of a Queen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom