Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sizzle

Arcane
My God! Two games that both feature maps, sailing, and the color brown!

You're completely right, this is a clear case of copyright infringement! :lol:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
They all fucked up.

Romanceable companion my ass, I'd say : harrassing companions, lurking in the open to throw their Harlequin romance shit at you the moment you make a pause to check your inventory.
And they are all so soppy, none of them would go :

"hey watcher, yeah, I know you've been watching for a while. Well, today is your lucky day : I feel a bit tense, and my power levels are down, come on, le'ts fuck for this +0,5 perception and
-10% hits converted to graze bonus. And after that we just go our way like two responsible adults adventurers."

I wish there was a mod to throw them to the crew. Tekehu would certainly enjoy that and for Xoti it might work as a shock therapy to get her out of her visions loop (I recruited an ogre cook, an imp navigator and a xaurip deckhandn and.... a bunch of pets).

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Harrasing physco companions and suprise buttsex offers of PoE2 v.s. wild bone/lizard sex and a kiss with necromancer, werespider of Div OS 2.
Which is better and why, discuss !?!?!?1!?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
DOS2 is less bad because you generally can turn them down or not involve with that line to begin with rather than it being forced on you.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've turned down everyone. Told Xoti something like: Stop right there, when she expressed interest.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Lmao at claims that Deadfire copied Nantucket color pallete and presentation, even though it's the same collor pallete and presentation that was used in PoE1 CYOA events 3 years before Nantucket came out.

That's without going into the fact that Nantucket combat is a completely different system.

The immediate problem with lack of sales is they will pull the plug after the 3rd DLC. If it sold as well as the first one, there's a good chance they would go on to make 5 or 6.

Eventually it makes profit and they'll go on to make another sequel. But Deadfire will never be what it could have been. And it doesn't need much right now to be considered at least a modern classic. Fleshed out ship and sea content, couple of good medium-size dungeons and harder combat is all it takes. But 3 DLCs won't get it there.

Won't it? If they can keep a decent team patching for 9-12 months on the difficulty, and DLCs to add dungeons and sea content, I would consider the final result a very, very good game, leaving aside the things that can't/won't be fixed (empower, lack of attrition, the narration, etc).

Pure speculation obviously, but judging by the DLC descriptions there won't be a significant improvement and expansion of the naval content.

Tigranes

Arcane
And in PoE2 you can't turn them down? Sounds like a reason to riot.:mob:

It's dumbfucks being dumbfucks. The romances are fucking cringe in the way that you see the available dialogue options when you talk to Aerie and go holy fuck no, but you tell them to fuck off and they fuck off forever.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I liked Deadfire initially but the more I think on it the more it reminds me of NumaNuma:
Pretentious dream sequence intro.
DOGSHIT main storyline. At least NumaNuma's story made the character relevant, in PoE2 you just... turn up and be useless, and all the other Gods are also useless too. Why the fuck did they write a storyline with no tension, no conflict, and no place for the character to be useful or relevant?
Very unambitious companion design.
Unlike NumaNuma the setting is mostly okay, but even then it has ANTI-SLAVERY PIRATES?!? :prosper: :retarded:

With patches and DLCs the game will have a reason to exist because there will be some more meaty sidequests and challenging combat, but that will just raise it from a bad game to a mediocre one.

My favourite thing about this game is the lighting... what a sad thing to say about an RPG.

Last edited:
Grab the Codex by the pussy
u r fugn retarded breh

I played through Nantookit and the combat in eet is completely different.

Pillars has a virtual ship position that you move around. Its really a spatial component. The rules of it just dont work really well, eg closing in while enemy continues parallel shortens the distance too much. And the AI is tardo like you.

Nantucket has cards that you attack.

Its has to be really convoluted logic to reinterpret Pillars ship position into Nantucket order of attack.

I also played Nantucket.

Nantucket also has a virtual ship that you move around a map.

Nantucket also has text-adventure combat scenes, not just cards.

Why are you using typos on purpose? Is this a teenager trend now or you are justing trying to imitate Darth Roxor?

Just when you thought they ruined the internet with abhorrent teenager behaviour they manage to evolve and make things even worse. There is no limit to how insufferable people can be, I wonder.

Last edited:

Kaivokz

Arcane
Unlike NumaNuma the setting is mostly okay, but even then it has ANTI-SLAVERY PIRATES?!? :prosper: :retarded:

Only some of the pirates feel this way, you can side with Furante to help Crookspur or Aledys to destroy it. In the latter case, her reasoning is that everyone should be free to do whatever the fuck they want. She’s supposed to be the young, idealistic pirate. It makes sense.

Even though Furante supports the slavers, the Principi are descended from the princes of Old Vallia (they call themselves the Princes without a Homeland, or something), so their leadership doesn’t think of themselves as “just stereotypical pirates who would obviously support slavery because we’re pirates duh.”

If you’re going to go “WTF PROSPER RETARDED” at least pick something better than “THE PIRATES ARENT ONE-DIMENSIONAL SLAVERS?!?!???”

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The good Strongholds were made good because of CONTENT that involves the location, not because of systems, how fucking hard is that for them to understand.
They made Crossroad Keep in NWN2, which was really cool. So they know how to do it, but that probably involved a ton of resources or talent that they lack now. My guess is that Sawyer played Nantucket, liked it, and used this pirates theme as an excuse to introduce more historic themes in PoE2. It was bound to fail because Nantucket itself bombed. You can read their subpar steam reviews with your eyeballs. Text-adventure based gameplay requires a lot of art, see KoDP, and even then it will not be for everyone. It is not surprising then that many players simply abandoned the game because of this mechanic. The should never have aproved this ship thing. Rather, they should have invested in the perfectly good looking stronghold they already had. It was there, waiting to be fleshed out with multiple quests and upgrades, especially with so much demand for bulding games.
I agree with you,they should have made the pirate fort in the beginning your base. The game is such a wasted potential. Also Nantucket gets boring after an hour or two.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Interesting. Who is pro-slavery, is there anyone in the game?

Furante of the Principi and the Valian Trading Company are both neutral/positive (they task you with helping the slave trade), the slavers at Crookspur are, of course, pro-slavery

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
About helping in the slave trading quest:
I like the way you could handle the quest involving helping Furrante and co. with solving the slave trader problem. Instead of outright killing everyone, I went up the secret way to the sanctum. Put the rotten Kohiki in whatshisfaces bedroom. Made the construct kill one leader and planted a bomb to get rid of the third leader. Nothing earthshattering, but a different approach. Also boight myself my own slave.

Sizzle

Arcane
I also played Nantucket.

And yet, you haven't played PoE2. So, your opinion is even mooter than usual - which is pretty fucking moot already :D

Nantucket also has a virtual ship that you move around a map.

Gadzooks! A ship you can sail around a map? In a game where sailing is an important gameplay feature?!

Josh surely saw Nantucket and thought to himself: "A ship you can sail? In a game?! I'll have to copy this, it's too good and original not to!"

Nantucket also has text-adventure combat scenes, not just cards.

So did PoE1. Before Nantucket. Did Nantucket rip it off?

Or could it just be that, as per usual, you don't actually have an argument, but still insist on repeating something in the hopes it will stick?

Why are you using typos on purpose? Is this a teenager trend now or you are justing trying to imitate Darth Roxor?

Lurkey, you're barely literate yourself, and as such - have absolutely no right to criticize anyone's grammar. Or opinion, but that's a whole nother thing :D

Just when you thought they ruined the internet with abhorrent teenager behaviour they manage to evolve and make things even worse. There is no limit to how insufferable people can be, I wonder.

I know, Lurkey. Why, it's almost as sad as a guy trying to derail every thread with his incessant Age of Decadence shilling :lol:

jungl

Augur
Saw this on my youtube feed https://youtu.be/I2JZMCQLUxg
See this is exactly why I think its dumb to nerf shit. There always still going to be strong stuff. I played through the game as a rogue fighter who endgame could consistently crit 140 damage every 2 seconds in heavy armor. Now he even stronker. Now ask yourself why fuck would you role a monk or cipher soul blade when all you get is less damage and survivability? Giving buffs to weak classes like ranger and barbarian is smart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom